[STOCK ROM][4.4] ND8 Kitkat ROM

OP CNexus

22nd December 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1301  
Thanks Meter: 24

206 posts
I believe its a good rom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy3011

First question I have is, "Do you have a good install of the ROM from the beginning?" If not, then that is the problem. Verify MD5sum is good. I have backed up and restored this ROM multiple times after trying other ROMs. I use Philz 6.48.4 and wipe davlik, wipe cache and wipe all to install new ROM. This last step will format system, data and cache. In Backup, I pick the ROM to restore. Say "YES" to restore. Wait 2 minutes until done and reboot. I also wipe davlik and cache PRIOR to doing Backup. Makes them smaller and the restore doesn't take as long or puts junk back that I don't want.

I have installed other roms, such as Wicked X8 Cyanogen12, and a few others. The only one I have trouble restoring is this one.
I've even restored a stock 4.1.2 with no problems. I use the latest Clockwork which i recently found out has issues duplicating root folders.
I don't think it's the recovery tho cause I've restored a bunch of different roms without issue.
So I'll give the md5 a check.
Thanks for the heads up.
22nd December 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #1302  
Flag Parkville, MD
Thanks Meter: 229

116 posts
More
Have to have ND8 to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_camacho

I have installed other roms, such as Wicked X8 Cyanogen12, and a few others. The only one I have trouble restoring is this one.
I've even restored a stock 4.1.2 with no problems. I use the latest Clockwork which i recently found out has issues duplicating root folders.
I don't think it's the recovery tho cause I've restored a bunch of different roms without issue.
So I'll give the md5 a check.
Thanks for the heads up.

You have to be on ND8 for ROM to work. Once you are on ND8, no going back - bricked phone will result. Re-read OP for requirements. Use Philz and you should not have any problems.
Last edited by Randy3011; 22nd December 2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Last thought
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy3011 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1303  
Thanks Meter: 24

206 posts
ND8 Bootloader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy3011

You have to be on ND8 for ROM to work. Once you are on ND8, no going back - bricked phone will result. Re-read OP for requirements. Use Philz and you should not have any problems.

Yes i know. but its the ND8 boot loader which I'm on. The rom version doesn't really matter. I had the same confusion.
You can't downgrade the bootloader. That will result in a Brick.
Downgrading the rom gives no issues. Except maybe the duplication of folders in the internal sd card leading to "shortcuts" and duplicate files, but no bricks. But from what i understand folder duplication may be a recovery issue and not a rom issue at all.
28th December 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #1304  
Thanks Meter: 7

143 posts
The original post doesn't mention this but is there a reason why I can't get WiFi? Is there some fix file to flash to get it back?

And is there a way to get mobile hot spot hack?
The Following User Says Thank You to kalala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #1305  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 30,784

16,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalala

The original post doesn't mention this but is there a reason why I can't get WiFi? Is there some fix file to flash to get it back?

And is there a way to get mobile hot spot hack?

Try the kernel here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2747586 for the Wi-Fi problem. And check Android Development for the Tether hack.

My ROMs: Wicked X & Wicked S5 Xperience
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #1306  
Thanks Meter: 7

143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Try the kernel here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2747586 for the Wi-Fi problem. And check Android Development for the Tether hack.

I was actually using the Ktoonsez kernel that I had been using on the previous radio I was on (MD4?). I'll try this new one instead.
29th December 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #1307  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 30,784

16,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalala

I was actually using the Ktoonsez kernel that I had been using on the previous radio I was on (MD4?). I'll try this new one instead.

That's probably why your Wi-Fi didn't work. Kernels aren't cross compatible, they only work for the version they were made for. Use the ND8 Ktoonsez kernel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kitkat, nd8, ota, sprint, stock rom
Previous Thread Next Thread