The Witcher Battle Arena: Hectic Multiplayer MOBA Fun

Do you like MOBAs? Do you like gaming on your phone? Given that MOBAs (multi player … more

How to Incorporate Lollipop Features into Your App

Lollipop brought many new design aspects and functionality for developers to adapt to, too … more

Major Security Issues Found in New Outlook App

The Outlook app was launched yesterday on iOS and Android, and according to an IBM developer … more

LG G4 Could Feature a… 3K Display?

According to myLGphones, a version of the LG G4 will not feature neither a 2K nor a 4K display … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Extremely slow charging?

OP alias747

25th June 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #11  
Flag Pottstown
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
I believe there is a defect in the charging software or hardware. I used several iPad 2 car chargers rated for at least 10 watts. (5.2Volts x 2Amps) They take 5x longer to charge than the iPad. Talk about proprietary hardware/software.

The OEM charger EP-TA10JBE is rated at 5.3Volts x 2Amps. The voltage loss in the 4Ft cable supplied must be at least .1 volts, so I do not understand that the voltage difference should cause the charging rate to slow to a trickle.
Last edited by tdrager; 25th June 2014 at 05:12 PM.
29th December 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #12  

2 posts
I'm going to try this.
I'm having the same problem and I read the following in another thread. I'll let you know if it works for me. My charging time is not quite as slow as yours, but it's still slower than it was when I first opened the box and I've only had it less than 2 weeks.

"had the same problem after updating to 4.4.2. It only charged when off. When the device was on, it mentioned 'not charging' in the battery status, but in fact it did charge very slowly when the device was not in use, about 5% per hour.
Also when used, the battery was draining more quickly than before the upgrade.

This solved it for me:
- reboot in recovery mode (hold volume up, button and power while booting)
- clear cache partition
- reboot.

Looks like something in the cache is causing the system to consume (almost) more power than is supplied by the adapter..."
29th December 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #13  

2 posts
Working better
After clearing the system cache, the charge speed went up to about 22% per hour with the tablet shut off. Seems to be huge improvement in my case. I used the cable that came in the box with tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread