Full Name Cube/ACube iwork 10 U100GT
10.1-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen of 1280 x 800 px resolution;
1.8GHZ Intel Atom Bay-Trail Z3740D Quad-core Processor, Intel HD Graphic (Gen7) GPU
2GB of LPDDR3 RAM
Windows 8.1 (Need to be activated by the user themselves)
32GB of SSD built-in Storage
2MP front-facing camera/2MP rear-facing camera
Back-mounted stereo speakers
USB 2.0 host (adapter required which does not come in the box)
Micro SD card slot
Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
8,000mAh Li-Po battery
- Very quick boot/ Shutdown. About 1.5 seconds!
- Price around $400 (with the case) shipped to Australia from sites like Ali Express
- Build quietly is amazing
- fast and responsive
- The Keyboard case (needs to be bought separately)
- Micro SD card slot
- Battery life- I got about 7-8 hours of usage from this with which is pretty awesome!
- size is impressive compared to other 10 inch windows tablets out there. 258 x 173 x 10.4 mm
- at 604g it is lighter then most windows 10.1 inch tablets out there including the surface tablets.
- Acube will be releasing a Android ROM soon so you can dual boot!!!!!
- No USB 3
- No full size USB port
- No full size HDMI port
- 32 GB memory only!
- No use charging and charger seems like it can break pretty easily
- Win 8.1 Pro needs to be activated separately (some might come with it but mine did not)
The IPS screen is pretty good, 1280 x 800 px resolution does well. and viewing angles are awesome!. good for watching movies, doing work etc.
build quietly and design:
The build quietly is better then expected feels solid in the had and really nice to use. design and size of the tablet is pretty awesome as well. Does not look cheap! at 604g it is lighter then most windows 10.1 inch tablets out there including the surface tablets. The tablet has a 2-megapixel front camera and 2-megapixel rear camera, both of which can take pictures or interact with Skype sessions. The tablet has accelerometers, G-sensor, and vibration feedback (particularly when you use the Start button), three features that are almost must-haves for this type of product.
The battery life could always be better but for the size I guess its pretty good. I got 7-8 hours on charge which pretty good and compared to laptops this was very welcome. only thing is it does take a while to charge.
The Keyboard case (sold separately)
The case is very well made and really easy to use. It connects to the tablet via a magnet like the surface tablets which I think is pretty cool. It works well, the only thing is the touch pad does not seem to have the gestures which i find annoying (even it it does they dont seem to work for me). the case also turns into a stand which is nice and very stable on a bed etc. I would defiantly recommend get the keyboard case because personally im not use to using windows without one and the windows on screen keyboard does not like to work well with firefox (no auto pop up and takes up most of the screen and this gets annoying very quickly!).
Price in Australian $: As I said above it is about $400 with the case from sites like Aliexpress but I am sure you can find it cheaper from other places.. the actual retail price is RMB1,699 ($281USD). So in saying that we can can compare it to the major brands.
Some points to note
- Pretty cheap for a 10.1" win 8.1 tablet even at $400 but then again you can get a ASUS Transformer Book T100 for around $500-$600 with double the storage space of 64gb with the same processor and specs
- 8 inch tablets like Asus Vivo Tab 8.0 or TOSHIBA Encore 8 for the $400 but then again they are 8inch which in my opinion are a bit small for windows.
I am always weary (as you never know what to expect) about Chinese products yet I always seem to keep buying them and let me tell you they have been getting better and better day by day! I bought a Teclast p98 mini tablet running android and let me tell you it is awesome for the price i paid and running the intel chip. You can read that review i did here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611057.
Price is a bit high for us in Australia if you get it from sites like Aliexpress but in saying when the dual boot android rom is released you will essentially get 2 tablets in one which I guess this worth it! the main disappointment was no full size USB which can get really annoying at times, specially when the adapter did not come in the box so that is an additional cost. Also you need to activate windows on your own but some might come with it (this you will have to confirm on your own).
Here are links to pictures i took:
here is a link to a even more in-depth review and more pictures. http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/andr...op-5299-6.html
If you have any questions please let me know