• Just the right balance

Votes: 52 55.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

redline57

Mar 26, 2011
MIAMI
Trials

Here's my whole dilemma with my phone... It stop working a few months ago and i send it to get it repaired to samsumg. I notice is has some type of problem with the connection as it will drop data... unless i put it on airplane mode and then turn it off. Right away the data will kick in, I had it working like that for a while even with different ROMS and PRL. Today i did not flash the modem like i said yesterday. It just started working after a few power off and on. So far data has not drop from LTE to 3G and this is in miami where i know the signal sometimes suck in some areas. Not sure what i did but so far is working good so far.. If i start getting problems i guess ill flash again the NG2 modem again. Everything else is working fine... Up for an Upgrade so i just waiting for XMAs to jump on the Note 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-25-08-04-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-25-08-04-51.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 948
  • Screenshot_2014-11-25-07-54-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-25-07-54-34.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 941
Reactions: g_ding84

mudtruck87

Sep 30, 2010
I've downloaded twice, checks good. Using TWRP not KT TWRP and each time it's hung on boot screen.
It's a new refurbished S4 on newest update and confirmed on NG2. I've done all the tricks wipe, fix permissions, wipe and clean install again. I've done four clean installs with both downloads and even tried clean and dirty flash back to back, still can't get past boot screen.
Guess it matters if your using KT TWRP or not... Its the only difference between what I'm doing and what the OP says to do.
Thx

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
I've downloaded twice, checks good. Using TWRP not KT TWRP and each time it's hung on boot screen.
It's a new refurbished S4 on newest update and confirmed on NG2. I've done all the tricks wipe, fix permissions, wipe and clean install again. I've done four clean installs with both downloads and even tried clean and dirty flash back to back, still can't get past boot screen.
Guess it matters if your using KT TWRP or not... Its the only difference between what I'm doing and what the OP says to do.
Thx

if you could pull the cache/recovery folder and check the last log.....it will show the errors. you will see arguments in the install script. should only be 3 total.

Attachments

• 1417024024099.jpg
    1417024024099.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 694
Reactions: ttakacs

mudtruck87

Sep 30, 2010
I installed newest version of TWRP. Followed OP and it booted fine... I messed up my lte settings so no data or calls... Other than that it's running fine

Thx...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

fireslayer26

Jan 12, 2009
I installed the NG2 modem and made sure it displayed the right baseband. Flashed SuperS4 strictly according to directions and it would only hang and the "Android" boot screen. So I've flashed back to NAE, then took the OTA to update to NG2, completely stock. I will try flashing SuperS4 again. But I guess I need to re-root and install KT TWRP first.

**UPDATE**
I flashed back to stock NAE, then took the OTA to NG2. Rooted with the Towelroot method by switching Kernels. Then followed directions in the OP and it worked!

Last edited:

fireslayer26

Jan 12, 2009
Ok, well I thought it was working. Well, it is working but I am having a weird issue. My wifi works great. At my house, the phone connects to my Sprint Airave fine and shows a 3G connection on the notification bar. But when I was out and about today, it would not give me a data connection. I had full cell signal but no data. Checked settings, it showed the NG2 baseband, but I flashed the NG2 modem again from the OP just in case, but still same issue. Also, I was going to try and update the PRL, but when try to open "Update System", Settings crashes. Any ideas??

Last edited:
Reactions: pontif

madpoo

Feb 12, 2008
Seattle
"System Update" force closes

Ok, well I thought it was working. Well, it is working but I am having a weird issue. My wifi works great. At my house, the phone connects to my Sprint Airave fine and shows a 3G connection on the notification bar. But when I was out and about today, it would not give me a data connection. I had full cell signal but no data. Checked settings, it showed the NG2 baseband, but I flashed the NG2 modem again from the OP just in case, but still same issue. Also, I was going to try and update the PRL, but when try to open "Update System", Settings crashes. Any ideas??

Hmm... I'm having the same problem going to "Settings" -> "System Update". It crashes on me every time with "Unfortunately settings has stopped.

This is with the 2.1 deodex version. On my other Galaxy S4 that's still running the 2.0 odex version, that works fine. I guess I could try just putting that older version on (it's my wife's phone and I hate to go through that all again just for that one little bug which probably won't ever affect her, but still... )

It'd be nice to get it fixed... when I installed it, I was moving from Negalite on her phone to this, so I did a full wipe (a couple times in fact). After discovering this problem, I wiped cache/dalvik cache several times, deleted the data from "Settings" entirely, etc. etc. but nothing works.

Mostly I just wanted to update the PRL, but I think it's already the latest anyway so I'm not too worried. And somewhere I still have the instructions on manually updating the PRL from a file, if it comes to that.

Any help or tips would be great.

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
Irritating

I am dying to flash this rom. However, after searching countless posts about why I can't get my damned phone to flash the odin tarball for the ng2 modem I can not find anything. It is a regular not a tri-band meaning no T after the 720. Every time I try ODIN with the NG2 modem it just fails. I have tried it in the PDA and PHONE slots as suggested. I have also followed the user directions on the OP for flashing it with the other rom. I know you need to be on a dif rom to flash the modem just wont flash for me and I dont understand why. That big fat red FAIL, just sucks. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
I am dying to flash this rom. However, after searching countless posts about why I can't get my damned phone to flash the odin tarball for the ng2 modem I can not find anything. It is a regular not a tri-band meaning no T after the 720. Every time I try ODIN with the NG2 modem it just fails. I have tried it in the PDA and PHONE slots as suggested. I have also followed the user directions on the OP for flashing it with the other rom. I know you need to be on a dif rom to flash the modem just wont flash for me and I dont understand why. That big fat red FAIL, just sucks. Any help is appreciated!

Ok, so after getting ahold of the 720T modem I still dont get wifi or 4g any ideas guys?

madpoo

Feb 12, 2008
Seattle
Hmm... I'm having the same problem going to "Settings" -> "System Update". It crashes on me every time with "Unfortunately settings has stopped.

This is with the 2.1 deodex version. On my other Galaxy S4 that's still running the 2.0 odex version, that works fine. I guess I could try just putting that older version on (it's my wife's phone and I hate to go through that all again just for that one little bug which probably won't ever affect her, but still... )

Replying to myself... I wound up just putting 2.0 on there, same as my own phone. I read some other folks had similar problems with the 2.1 deodexed version and I wasn't in the frame of mind to fuss with it more. :)

Replying to myself... I wound up just putting 2.0 on there, same as my own phone. I read some other folks had similar problems with the 2.1 deodexed version and I wasn't in the frame of mind to fuss with it more. :)
I have exact same issue. Settings works everywhere but for accessing the System Update menu

Probably the underlying issue: Mobile data transfer alone gives me "no network" errors when connecting to Google Play or search (mobile voice works though). Data transfer via apps works fine when wifi is activated, but if I turn it off and only have "Mobile networks" > "Mobile data" checked, no dice. For some reason, I am not able to transfer data over mobile network. Also, I am not getting any 4G indicator in my top bar (I typically acces 4g in my area) so thinking 4G may not be working either ... ?

I am running v2.1 of this ROM (deodex as of this moment) without any additions or customizations ... flashed with latest TWRP, installed NG2 modem tar linked in OP before installing the ROM:

Model Num: SPH_L720
Baseband: L720VPUFNG2

Kernel:
3.4.0-2162929
dpi@SWDD6013 #1
Wed Jul 9 09:04:04 KST 2014

Kernel issue? Great ROM otherwise, but fairly useless for me without data over mobile networks, so hoping there is a workaround so I can stay Super ;)

Last edited:

pontif

Apr 5, 2013
Raleigh
I have exact same issue. Settings works everywhere but for accessing the System Update menu

Probably the underlying issue: Mobile data transfer alone gives me "no network" errors when connecting to Google Play or search (mobile voice works though). Data transfer via apps works fine when wifi is activated, but if I turn it off and only have "Mobile networks" > "Mobile data" checked, no dice. For some reason, I am not able to transfer data over mobile network. Also, I am not getting any 4G indicator in my top bar (I typically acces 4g in my area) so thinking 4G may not be working either ... ?

I am running v2.1 of this ROM (deodex as of this moment) without any additions or customizations ... flashed with latest TWRP, installed NG2 modem tar linked in OP before installing the ROM:

Kernel:
3.4.0-2162929
dpi@SWDD6013 #1

Kernel issue? Great ROM otherwise, but fairly useless for me without data over mobile networks, so hoping there is a workaround so I can stay Super ;)

I've been on this room since day one. Highly recommend using 2.0. 2.1 in addition to no system update I could never get visual voice mail to provision. Version 2.0 is highly stable and battery life to kill for. Deodexed 2.1 is awesome just those 2 issues. The developer doesn't have the phone anymore so I'm just assuming there will be no fix. Personally 2.0 is flawless

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

pedenspeed

May 18, 2009
No mobile data

Kernel:
3.4.0-2162929
dpi@SWDD6013 #1

Kernel issue? Great ROM otherwise, but fairly useless for me without data over mobile networks, so hoping there is a workaround so I can stay Super

I had this same issue as well, just loaded the ROM yesterday and did it exactly as @davejet suggested. Weird thing is, I was going to revert back to 2.0 (guess it wouldn't really be a revert, but more of a downgrade) I went to enter into recovery mode, and it hung on the samsung logo with the blue writing in the top corner. I then powered off the phone and booted back up, and missed recovery mode so let it boot fully, and when it came up, I had LTE signal. I still am not able to enter system update menu, but I can live with that for now. Hope this helps some, even though I really didn't do anything :laugh:

Reactions: amber_1gold

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Acheron Presents

SUPERS4

Blue_Flare_Superman_Symbol.jpg

This ROM is based of off Stock TW ODEXED NAE base. I am a huge fan of ODEXED....(Acheron ROM) the system just moves smoother. With that said.....With any mods make sure you have an ODEXED version. I will be building themes for this ROM as it grows. But for now....here is the base ;)

First off the Cred

Thanks to the following

@mxmr - providing the NG2 Modem Tar (FLASH IN ODIN) & Stock Deodexed base ROM

@Unknownforce For the Stock NAE base and install script to work from.
    Thank him here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2650706

@ktoonsez for an awesome kernel/apps/TWRP Recovery (Give Thanks to KT here) :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2288309

@cmonsterf50 - SD card fix - Thank him here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50707157

@mrRobinson - AdAway apk - give thanks here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2190753

@fgr - Hot Spot Mod NAE - give thanks here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653666

@MatrixDJ96 - powerful Odexer script - Give thanks here :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527268

@pas2001 - Amazing colletions of boot animations here :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369587

@Exit_Only - NOS scripts - making this phone smooth like butter!

@dyandell for helping me find the rest of the KNOX apps that need to be removed

All of Team Acheron - for all the support

Team Rejectz - For the support and helping me start on the Epic 4G Touch

@Goddly for ComaDose tweak package

@bilgerryan - One hell of a Dev

@scarmon25 - Amazing teacher

@lickarock - amazing teacher and much patients

@Teknician - supplying the zip for the newest philz recovery

TESTERS
    Without the testers this ROM would suck

@brikzpapi - For begin there to help and suggestions on stuff to add

@dschachm - Stepping up and really helping find all the bugs

@btoddweber - For testing and being there to help out

@ParkerParker - For all the ideas and testing on my other ROMS

@elfeo0 - For testing and confirming everything works, confrimed flash on KT TWRP and newest TWRP

@pontif - For testing and the extra help to solve any little issues that pop up

Change log : Version 2.0

Updated Base to NG2 Build & NG2 Kernel
    Stock kernel as KT kernel causes some issues on the new update
    Added all the mods below
    No HotSpot Mod yet - Still WIP - there are workarounds for the time being
    Removed Chrome and Maps (can be downloaded from the play store
    Added FireFox

Now - Whats included and removed

SUPERSU - it is rooted
    added SFinder
    Aptoide - second market
    Titanium back up
    updated Samsung app to S5 version
    Android L boot animation
    Spark LTE and 3G icons
    Launcher translucity
    Camera during call
    Shutter sound menu
    AdAway APK
    Sony x-loud
    Hot Spot mod (only on NAE)
    SD card fix
    Galaxy S5 boot animation
    Galaxy S5 power on and power off sounds
    Custom ringtones
    Viper4android mod
    Bravia Engine 3
    --Xposed installer--
    Youtube ad away
    Master key fix
    Wanam kit for stock TW
    S5 systemui
    SD card fix

-Removed-
    (220 MBs worth)
    Stock sprint browser
    Most of the stock ringtones and sounds
    All the extra boot animations (SPR/BOOST/XUA)
    Most of the Knox that I could find - I think there are a few left
    Extra Google bloat - Drive,Books,Magazine,Videos, Google +, Chrome, Maps
    Extra Sprint bloat - ID,Pre-installer, Sprint Zone, AllShare apks
    Samsung bloat - Samsung hub,music

-Build prop tweaks-
    3G speed tweaks
    video streaming tweaks
    IPv4 and IPv6 data speed tweaks
    Battery saving tweaks
    JPG and Video quality tweaks
    Smoother scrolling

-init.d tweaks -
    fix perms for each system/app and data/app if needed - Jrummy ROM Toolbox
    Scrolling smoothness tweak - BeanStalk
    Sqlite3 data base optimization script
    Zipalign script for data/app and deodexed system/apps
    Cron (wipe cache on start up) - ComaDose
    70B2R (remove browser cache) - ComaDose
    S02_direct_inject (battery and performance tweak) - ComaDose

The supported recovery is KT TWRP.

Link to the recovery below

KT TWRP here

For those that use TWRP (Myself included)

Updated : TWRP-ALL-IN-1: http://goo.gl/xl5VwI

Link to post (for thanks)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52440147&postcount=2621

The all importation install instructions​

------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER
    You and You alone choose to flash. If you Brick...that sucks and I feel bad for you but that is on you. With that said I will fully support and help anyone that follows the install directions and still has trouble. Any bugs found please report them to me. The second post will contain known issues and fixes, if applicable, based on your feed back.​
    Thank you :good: :highfive: :)

------------------------------------------------------------​

First off the NG2 Modem and Firmware pre-installed is highly recommend. boot loader is a plus but not needed.

@mxmr - providing the NG2 Modem Tar (FLASH IN ODIN)

***You need to have the NG2 modem for wifi and data to work!!!***
    NG2 Modem tarball: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712458249
    md5sum: e5379aea3778252f07504ce887c79f35

INSTALL DIRECTION FROM USER @davejet - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55032344&postcount=1517

Download ROM

Check the MD5 SUM - verify before you flash

Boot into KT TWRP recovery

Wipe cache/dalvik cache/data and system

Reboot recovery - yes reboot recovery - confirm no OS is installed - yes to superuser install

Boot back into recovery
    Install ROM zip

reboot

Set it up and Profit

VERSION 2.1 - DOWNLOAD LINK - Final build

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712471317

MD5 SUM : 1e0479cb30b1d4a39378b72cd8f16e2b

OLDER VERSIONS

------------
    Version 2.0 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460111

MD5 SUM : 8d3cc33c0a9c4f0e2723d4b94f8f4a6c
    ------------

ROM OS Version: 4.4.2 Kitkat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.94
    Based On: Samsung TW NG2

Version Information

Created 2014-06-01
    Last Updated 2014-09-14

IS YOUR SUPERSU UP TO DATE? GO HERE TO FIND OUT
    ---
    Stable : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1538053
    -----
    Beta : http://xdaforums.com/apps...v2-05-t2868133
    ---
    Known ISSUES

No DATA - make sure you have the correct modem and firmware. Also make sure you have CDMA/LTE selected if you are having issues - Lastly make sure you are flashing from KT TWRP recovery

S5 xposed module - statusbar over lay on phone - mms and setting - known issue with the mod. still a WIP with the dev

Picking Alarm sounds with S5 player - FCing - WIP on that fix - revert back to S4 secMediaProvider Here :

Gallery FC after taking a picture and trying to review it - fix is unknown at this time - workaround. Take the picture. back out of the camera and open the gallery from the app drawer or home screen. It will work that way

Youtube not working - revert to older built : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681982
    thanks @dschachm and Android police

You tell Me.....

Stock NAE kernel
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53630603

STOCK NG2 Kernel and for you 720T users - Stock NC6 Kernel
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54888586&postcount=1300

NEW Screen Shots for Version 1.5
    ADD ONS and COOL STUFF

Galaxy Tool - Hotspot,Toggles lots of other goodies HERE :
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55049065&postcount=1529

S5 Music player
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54554151&postcount=1100

Want the Stock 3G and LTE icons
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54443839&postcount=1014

Awesome collection of .qmg boot animations
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369587

Transparent weather widget
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2286622

Add All Share back in - odex and deodexed
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54436136&postcount=982

Awesome app collection
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51884629

Add Stock browser back in - For those that are not a fan of Chrome
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53414831&postcount=230

BUILD.PROP MODS for Version 1.4 (odexed & deodexed)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53709850&postcount=477

ODEXER TOOL AND DOWNLOAD

1st go here and thank @MatrixDJ96
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527268

2nd : grab the zip located below - I made sure to upload the correct one for our phones

3rd : flash zip in recovery - a simple wipe dalvik will do

4th : let the terminal emulator update from the play store.

5th : open terminal emulator - and type the following

Code:
    su
    (grant superuser permissions)

Code:
    odex

Now for odexed version type : all - everything framework and all system apps including priv-app / frame - just framework / sysapp - system apps and priv-app folder

Code:
    sysapp 
    frame
    all

let it run - when it is finished, reboot to recovery from the terminal screen - in recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache - reboot
    --
    BAM - all done!!!
    FLASHING and TROUBLESHOOTING 101​

Ok seeing how there is a lot of people having trouble flashing this built - weather is be not reading, not paying attention or just plain lack of knowledge. I'm writing the little section up to help alleviate this issue. Now, as we all know NAE and the new NG2 are very touchy. You can thank Samsung for that one. Each new built gets tougher to customize. Plus each new built comes with its own bugs an nuances. But if we can all come together and help get rid of these or find fixes rather then complaining about them we can make this awesome.
    This is a community. I see you guys as an extension to my real family.​
    [END RANT]

First and foremost : I don't have all the answer, Hence why I relay on you guys to help out. So below is a collection of my knowledge and other users input.

Step 1 : of any ROM, read the install instructions and prerequisites before you flash the ROM. like if you're on MF9 build or MJA, don't think you can just flash this ROM and everything will work. (I had to fully update to NG2 bootloader/firmware/modem to make everything work)

Step 2 : read the OP. I try to make it as painless as possible to NOT bore you guys and gals with install instructions and directions. Nor do I try to make is complicated. If you can read, you can flash this ROM. If you choose not to read, please, don't expect support. With testng we found Philz recovery and CWM recoveries give extra set of issues when flashing this ROM. I'm sorry for all the earlier confusion. Those have been pulled. ONLY SUPPORTING KT TWRP FOR NOW.

step 3 : If you run into a bug, let us know. But be as detailed a possible.

Try not to be like this : that app FC on me every time is click it. this ROM sucks.

OR

I had NAE modem, flashed this ROM, and then no signal, unknown bootloader, IMEI null.
    Tried to flash NG2 modem to fix it... not success.
    Be careful if you want to try this ROM!

This doesn't help anyone and sounds more like a troll post than anything else.

Try to be like this : Google chrome keeps crashing when I click on it. the page starts to load and then the FC toast message pops up saying Chrome has FC'd. I tried deleting data and cache from the app. I even went into recovery to wipe dalvik cache and it still happens. What else can I do?

OR

I flashed the NG2 modem first. I made sure it stuck and everything was working but since I flashed this ROM I lost all signal and no BaseBand

This will get you a much better response because you have tried to do something and not just get spoon fed the answers. this way we can help you out without asking 25 questions.

Simply delete the app from system/app - go into recovery and wipe dalvik cache - re-install from the play store. ;)
    OR
    try flashing from KT TWRP as that may be the issue.

Now this also helps as well : Thanks to all my testers and other members for contributing - Extra help install instructions - below
    Thanks @davejet

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55032344&postcount=1517

[THERE WILL BE MORE TO COME]​

Don't be afraid to add anything as well. As I said before, this is a community and we stick together. :D

Future themes - Cool wallpapers

ok guys and gals. I got Version 1.5 finished and I'm going to testing it out tonight. I'll be uploading it to the testers soon and hopefully shortly afterwards, uploaded to you guys.