Does 9505 Roms work on S4 Value Edition? (9515)

Search This thread

VinBenzin810

Nov 4, 2013
Mannheim, Germany
@phil2sat i dont know but as i install your last kernel my earphones doesent work ? is that a kernel bug or rom spezificated . after i install miui rom for our phone my earphone doesnt work too, where is the probleme,

phil2sat

Apr 8, 2014
Rätzlingen
If we can get the kernel working, its because we have the right kernel drivers, so then we can repack any kernel and install any i9505 ROM :D

i see much windows user are here..

its not so easy as you think...

the drivers are written to a specific kernel version. most time they work only on one kernel repository

this is caused through the headers .h files in kernel wich implement shared functions.
cm and googy kernels are version 3.4.104 but complete different it cost me a week to patch cm11 adreno driver in googymax kernel to fix gfx tearing.

atm im patching the zte-nex mako wifi driver into googymax kernel
but its like a rat tail change driver dir. get compile error find header which lacks function. change file get other error. merge files. fix next error

and at the end you get zimage and driver wont load.

im not able to write code in c which gets over hello world.
but implementation, rewriting fixing and detecting functions or part of code thats making problems is not so hard.

but after everything in kernel is fine we have to fix wifi and bt init.
the boot.img is spitted inside.
zimage is the pure kernel most time usable for every rom from kitkat
initrd.cpio.gz is the compressed rootfs with init as you see on / after boot

lets take bt
if i repack my kernel with initrd for stockrom and boot stock tw bt does work
on cm11 the same driver is inside kernel but init does not work properly

i checked the mako init and stock init from /system/etc/ and run it manually.
you have to copy the missing files from stockrom and mako rom to get the bt mac loaded
also edit the line to get the address from /efs instead /persist

but after all i get smd3 not accessible error

so i checked uevent.rc in init which sets permissions on devices
everything no success

next problem if wifi driver compiles 4differen tried kernel wont load if inside
and as module also
tried extraversion and speciial cflags to compile no success module wont load

i think i need special wcnss core that supports the prima driver but patching this into kernel is this im working on.

you all could help try to fix the init.
make bt work
unpack image repack unchanged to check if it works and boots properly after repacking
note you need mkbootimg with extra offset for samsung as told from unmkbootimg 1.2
then fix init....

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

@phil2sat i dont know but as i install your last kernel my earphones doesent work ? is that a kernel bug or rom spezificated . after i install miui rom for our phone my earphone doesnt work too, where is the probleme,

mine work fine cm11 m12

TBecker79

Oct 6, 2014
Mülheim
I have read some threads. The S5 has the Same bt und wifi and tw. Can we the S5 cm11 rom t write for the gt-i9515?

Nach einiger Recherche im Netz habe ich festgestellt das das S5 gleiche Hardware wie unser gt-i9515. Kann man daraus nicht was machen für unser gerät?

Sent from my GT-I9515 using XDA Free mobile app

Guimenez

Jan 3, 2007
I have read some threads. The S5 has the Same bt und wifi and tw. Can we the S5 cm11 rom t write for the gt-i9515?

Nach einiger Recherche im Netz habe ich festgestellt das das S5 gleiche Hardware wie unser gt-i9515. Kann man daraus nicht was machen für unser gerät?

Sent from my GT-I9515 using XDA Free mobile app

can you post one of that threads please?
thanks

Roald1987

Nov 26, 2014
Saw this on internet,, is this any help??

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1420300181615.jpg
    1420300181615.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 382

Guimenez

Jan 3, 2007
Has there been any fix so far for wifi drivers? :(
Our hope is phil2sat to make the kernel working, but like he say, its not easy.
TBecker79 say that saw on some threads that the WiFi and Bluetooth are the same from the S5, may be phil2sat is trying to compile that.
Lets hope he can make it work :D

Reactions: righi

jean_pulbere

Mar 11, 2014
Const Angeles
@phil2sat we all apreciate your effort and work

I do not understand why any developer not helping Phil and why it's the only one who is trying to do something for this model of s4. Everywhere in the world, if you want to buy an s4...they will sell S4 i9515, this model is on sale since last year in the summer.So many developers on xda,cyanogenmod, etc, just no one can (or wants) to do anything for this model??Why ????
@phil2sat, thank you for the effort and hard work, we hope to achieve a good kernel, I am happy to see that someone like you are trying to solve the problem of this model but at the same time I am disappointed that, of how many developers are on xda, you're the only one who makes it. .. sad :((

Last edited:

brun3llo

Oct 8, 2014
Brescia
I do not understand why any developer not helping Phil and why it's the only one who is trying to do something for this model of s4. Everywhere in the world, if you want to buy an s4...they will sell S4 i9515, this model is on sale since last year in the summer.So many developers on xda,cyanogenmod, etc, just no one can (or wants) to do anything for this model??Why ????
@phil2sat, thank you for the effort and hard work, we hope to achieve a good kernel, I am happy to see that someone like you are trying to solve the problem of this model but at the same time I am disappointed that, of how many developers are on xda, you're the only one who makes it. .. sad :((

the real problem is that other developers have to actually buy the 9515, while probably already have the 9505... and consider that as now the biggest effort from CM team is toward S5, LG G3, HTC M8.....
the only S4 that is really well supported is the 9505, if you look for example at the 9500 or other variants that are out since day one of commercialization (almost 18 months ago) the support is pretty low to non existent... so... I don't think that they'll consider our unlucky 9515

by the way I made a post on both XDA and Cyanogenmod google+ pages to ask for some developers but not have great success....

Last edited:

jean_pulbere

Mar 11, 2014
Const Angeles
i buy this model from a big market in my country where they sell allot of samsung devices,smart tv etc.. big samsung market,ok...when i arive home, i call the samsung center and ask for support about some ..i dont remember what, but the answer was stuning me: sorry but we dont have support for this model, is sell only in arabia, so you can call there to get help !! Whtf...?!?!?! How you sell this model in a big samsung market if you dont provide the support for it ??? Well... just like that!! :))) I hate samsung allready... anyway..

Guimenez

Jan 3, 2007
I'm testing cm12 and every time I press power button it restart the phone.
Does any one else is having this problem?
It's not ROM problem because it works perfect on i9505.
Thanks.

brun3llo

Oct 8, 2014
Brescia
You can use the cm12 for i9505 change update script and install philsat kernel ;)
It works fine unless the wifi and Bluetooth and in this case power button.
Yes because the kernel is not good for CM12 yet
They actually stopped working on it waiting to resolve all the issue.
As now I don't think that a ROM with such bugs is usable

diegofel

Dec 23, 2014
How do I update the script? Or do I just flash the kernel right after flashing cm 12 for 9505?

Sent from my GT-I9515L using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Status update...
    Googymax kernel base
    Cyanogenmod adreno drivers (tearing fixed)
    Touch works
    Ext sdcard works
    Wifi driver won't init
    BT driver inside but uninitialized through cm init scripts
    Guys, i have good and bad news:p
    Good news is that i enabled wifi :D
    Bad news is that now i need to figure out how exactly i did it - i tried few things at the same time but i'm not sure which one of them worked :eek:
    i hope to investigate it tomorrow.
    heres the latest phil2sat kernel build for cm11.

based on googymax repo
    fixed no logcat issue
    fixed some battery related stuft
    changed googymax stock adreno driver to latest cm11 driver
    internal and external sdcard are working
    AS so far no sound issues. only in energy save with Viper audio
    cortex-a15 optimized. lzma compressed
    Bluetooth driver in kernel is working but i get smd3 not accessible error. In Stockrom with stock init BT works in this kernel

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-KtPJYilrArV3IzN05RUkpkNmM/edit?usp=docslist_api

development in progress...
    Hey, people, computer developer here.
    I want to invest some time into porting CM11 for this phone and have a phone to test builds on.
    Where is git repo with patchset for CM11 support and an issue tracker?
    If nobody is working on a reasonable lightweight Google™-free then... Let's do that?
    Basically, for CM11 to work on this device we need three things —

• Fix WLAN
    • Fix external sd
    • Fix GPS

To make those work we have two possibilities — find other distributions of CM11 that have drivers for one or more things that don't work and integrate those into current master; reverse the **** out of the official ROM (btw, is there a trusted official ROM that's not hosted on some b/s shady website?) and backport that stuff to CM11.

So let's co-ordinate our work in an issue tracker and push this thing! :)
    No one has abandoned anything... at the moment the main developer is phil2sat but he's without a broadband connection, I've contacted him by e-mail and he hopes to get back in february. When he gets back I hope to be able to help him out developing the kernel together with VinBenzin810.

At the moment we just have to wait.