[Q] New governors & schedulers?

OP Player-J

13th May 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 38

118 posts
More
There are a few governors and i/o schedulers that I have never seen before and after searching, I haven't really come up with any good information. If someone with more knowledge than I would be willing to point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the help. Or, perhaps posting a brief explanation would be beneficial to all?

Here is a list of the ones I'm unsure about:

Governors; darkness, intelliactive, dancedance, smartmax, uberdemand

Schedulers; vr, fiops, tripndroid, zen

Does anyone have any suggested uses, or combinations for these?
13th May 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oroville
Thanks Meter: 5,562

2,873 posts
Donate to Me
More
Google will give you a great explanation on these governors...personally Zen and sio are great with battery

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th May 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
Flag buenos aires
Thanks Meter: 42

163 posts
More
I use Wheatley and zen, works perfectly and a great battery performance

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th May 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 38

118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH

Google will give you a great explanation on these governors...personally Zen and sio are great with battery

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Naturally, I tried to search Google and the forums first. Seems like I keep coming across outdated material that doesn't explain much on the ones I listed. I'm already pretty happy using a set-up I'm familiar with - this was really more for educational purposes. I'm always wondering if I can tweak a little something and get better results.

This is the list I come across most often...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ained-t2017715
Last edited by Player-J; 14th May 2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added material
The Following User Says Thank You to Player-J For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 78

291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player-J

Naturally, I tried to search Google and the forums first. Seems like I keep coming across outdated material that doesn't explain much on the ones I listed. I'm already pretty happy using a set-up I'm familiar with - this was really more for educational purposes. I'm always wondering if I can tweak a little something and get better results.

This is the list I come across most often...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ained-t2017715

I've been trying to find some results on the same governors but found very little. I've even done more than google but no luck. Anyway I will probably experiment a little and not worry about it.
21st August 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello,

I have the possibility to choose the governor "optimax". So I have search at google about information of this governor. But I didn't found an explaination or other information. Can anybody help me? What are the differents to the other (default) Governors? Thanks.
2nd January 2015, 08:58 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player-J

There are a few governors and i/o schedulers that I have never seen before and after searching, I haven't really come up with any good information. If someone with more knowledge than I would be willing to point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the help. Or, perhaps posting a brief explanation would be beneficial to all?

Here is a list of the ones I'm unsure about:

Governors; darkness, intelliactive, dancedance, smartmax, uberdemand

Schedulers; vr, fiops, tripndroid, zen

Does anyone have any suggested uses, or combinations for these?

I know darkness is a modified nightmare governor for stability and battery life, and nightmare is a modified pegasusq governor that tries to save battery by not scaling as aggressively and improving stability, it also doesn't hotplug as readily as pegasusq from what I understood.
Also intelliactive is a modified interactive by faux with the following modifications :
"1. self-boost capability from input drivers (no need for PowerHAL assist)
2. two phase scheduling (idle/busy phases to prevent from jumping directly to max freq
3. Checks for offline cpus and short circuits some unnecessary checks to improve code execution paths"

Dance Dance is a unique governor modified for performance but based on conservative. DD Provides a nice blend of performance and efficient battery life.

Uberdemand is Ondemand and with 2-phase feature meaning it has a soft cap at 1728 MHz so your cpu won't always go directly to max, made by Chet Kener.

Smartmax is a new governor which is a mix between ondemand and smartass2 By default this is configured for battery save.

Hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to N00TN00T For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread