LG G4 Note Leaks

The post LG G4 Note Leaks appeared first on xda-developers. … more

Compact Volume Panel for CM12

The post Compact Volume Panel for CM12 appeared first on xda-developers. … more

HTC M9 Roundup: Availability and Prices

The post HTC M9 Roundup: Availability and Prices appeared first on xda-developers. … more

OnePlus Late March AMAA Roundup

The post OnePlus Late March AMAA Roundup appeared first on xda-developers. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

soft keys not work

25th June 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
i have Lg optimus g pro E980 AT&T , my phone soft keys does not work home button works when i touch return key the icon at bottom of screen works also same as return keys work , these keys does not work proper i hard rest my phone but its same condition
any body have this issue and solve please help , i have android 4.4.2 kit kat update 15 days ago via tot files
26th December 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana76

i have Lg optimus g pro E980 AT&T , my phone soft keys does not work home button works when i touch return key the icon at bottom of screen works also same as return keys work , these keys does not work proper i hard rest my phone but its same condition
any body have this issue and solve please help , i have android 4.4.2 kit kat update 15 days ago via tot files

mine arent working either, guess ill just have to buy a new digitizer, theyre only like $18 US on amazon
28th December 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #3  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 114

410 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleknight

mine arent working either, guess ill just have to buy a new digitizer, theyre only like $18 US on amazon

Research those screens on Amazon. I've bought 2 so far. Both were imperfect. I'm hoping the one from repairs universe (they did the screen fix thread) will not be imperfect.
30th December 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackliph

Research those screens on Amazon. I've bought 2 so far. Both were imperfect. I'm hoping the one from repairs universe (they did the screen fix thread) will not be imperfect.

Seconding this. I've bought 2 so far from eBay (one from Edens Designs, which I also got replaced, but neither worked; and one from wholesalegadgetfix, which shipped from a company called EZelextronix, and which did not work either).

It's possible that they needed to be calibrated which never crossed my mind. But every time I put my old cracked screen back on, it works like it used to.

Also my bottom buttons don't work, either. If I touch the back or menu key, the touch actually registers on the lowest part of the screen. My fix was to enable the back-home-menu softkeys (like they are on the LG G2 and G3) with an app called Softkey Enabler.
30th December 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #5  

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mityman50

Seconding this. I've bought 2 so far from eBay (one from Edens Designs, which I also got replaced, but neither worked; and one from wholesalegadgetfix, which shipped from a company called EZelextronix, and which did not work either).

It's possible that they needed to be calibrated which never crossed my mind. But every time I put my old cracked screen back on, it works like it used to.

Also my bottom buttons don't work, either. If I touch the back or menu key, the touch actually registers on the lowest part of the screen. My fix was to enable the back-home-menu softkeys (like they are on the LG G2 and G3) with an app called Softkey Enabler.

can also just enable the stock navbar by editing your build.prop, im using the g3 ogp port on my ogp, pretty awesome rom, wouldnt mind seeing it ported to my xzu
31st December 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #6  

48 posts
Quote:

can also just enable the stock navbar by editing your build.prop, im using the g3 ogp port on my ogp, pretty awesome rom, wouldnt mind seeing it ported to my xzu

Somehow, using the app seemed easier XD Someday soon I hope to know what you just said and how to do it.
31st December 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #7  

163 posts
More
Are you rooted?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
31st December 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #8  

48 posts
Quote:

Are you rooted?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

Yes I am now. Been having some issues with my phone lately but yeah.

I did some Googling and I get it now. Has anyone done an E980 specific list of useful build.prop changes?
Last edited by mityman50; 31st December 2014 at 03:55 PM.
3rd January 2015, 05:15 AM   |  #9  

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mityman50

Yes I am now. Been having some issues with my phone lately but yeah.

I did some Googling and I get it now. Has anyone done an E980 specific list of useful build.prop changes?

inyour favorite file manager edit your build.prop or use build prop editor from the play store, and add qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to enable the stock android navbar
3rd January 2015, 05:12 PM   |  #10  

163 posts
More
So my digitizer a d hardened glass screen protector came today, works like a champ!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread