FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Recovery] P6S - Create or modify Recovery

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By abequer, Member on 3rd June 2014, 07:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

I'm triying to create a new recover or modify the stock recovery for a P6S (yes, the "S" version) but I run into a problem. Whenever I unpack and repack the stock recovery It won't boot even if I don't modify anything. żIs there any locking mechanism in Huawei devices that will prevent modified recovery images from booting?

The first thing I'm trying to do is solve a BUG in the STOCK recovery. The bug is that the external storage is configured to /sdcard on /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 but the phone has dual SIM slot without any external SD card. It came with a micro-USB to female USB in which you can connect an external USB stick, therefore the external storage should be /usb on /dev/sda1. The problem with this BUG is that you cannot apply the stock recovery procedure placing the dload/UPDATE.APP in an external memory.

I have extracted the RECOVERY.img from the original UPDATE.APP, the image is correct because I can flash it with fastboot without any problem.

I have also been able to comiple CWM for the device without errors but the image just won't boot.

3rd June 2014, 08:25 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 8,812

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abequer

Hello,

I'm triying to create a new recover or modify the stock recovery for a P6S (yes, the "S" version) but I run into a problem. Whenever I unpack and repack the stock recovery It won't boot even if I don't modify anything. żIs there any locking mechanism in Huawei devices that will prevent modified recovery images from booting?

The first thing I'm trying to do is solve a BUG in the STOCK recovery. The bug is that the external storage is configured to /sdcard on /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 but the phone has dual SIM slot without any external SD card. It came with a micro-USB to female USB in which you can connect an external USB stick, therefore the external storage should be /usb on /dev/sda1. The problem with this BUG is that you cannot apply the stock recovery procedure placing the dload/UPDATE.APP in an external memory.

I have extracted the RECOVERY.img from the original UPDATE.APP, the image is correct because I can flash it with fastboot without any problem.

I have also been able to comiple CWM for the device without errors but the image just won't boot.

Hi !

Please un-pack and repack stock recovery.img with this tools by @dsixda !

This tools has ability to add also ramdisk offset .

Good luck !
4th June 2014, 09:55 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Mexico City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

Hi !

Please un-pack and repack stock recovery.img with this tools by @dsixda !

This tools has ability to add also ramdisk offset .

Good luck !

Thanky you Surdu

I have been able to make some progrss on this. I have successfully compiled a TWRP image that actually boots the kernel but nothing is displayed on scree. I know it boots because I can mount exteral USB disks (the led turns on) and I see the device with "adb devices" as offline.

I'm modifying the init.rc file to have it running. Is this the way of going forward?
4th June 2014, 11:03 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 8,812

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanky you Surdu

I have been able to make some progrss on this. I have successfully compiled a TWRP image that actually boots the kernel but nothing is displayed on scree. I know it boots because I can mount exteral USB disks (the led turns on) and I see the device with "adb devices" as offline.

I'm modifying the init.rc file to have it running. Is this the way of going forward?

I already pushed "twrp source" for P6 on my github ! You can take a look and compare with yours . If the screen is off, you should also check this flag : "TARGET_RECOVERY_PIXEL_FORMAT" - as different from a device to another.

Anyway good luck !
7th June 2014, 02:21 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Mexico City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

I already pushed "twrp source" for P6 on my github ! You can take a look and compare with yours . If the screen is off, you should also check this flag : "TARGET_RECOVERY_PIXEL_FORMAT" - as different from a device to another.

Anyway good luck !

Thankyou Surdu

I've been able to compile TWRP using your P6 source. It boots and stays on if I disable the healthd service. If I leave healthd service on it will boot-loop the device.

I can get adbd running but I can't get the "TWRP courtain" to be shown. I know adb is running because on the computer #adb devices show me "0123456789ABCDEF offline" (i don't know why it is always shown as offline instead of recovery)

I'll continue searching onece I have a little more spare time. Thank you for any advice you can give me.
Last edited by abequer; 7th June 2014 at 02:32 AM.
18th June 2014, 10:16 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Mexico City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thankyou Surdu

I've been able to compile TWRP using your P6 source. It boots and stays on if I disable the healthd service. If I leave healthd service on it will boot-loop the device.

I can get adbd running but I can't get the "TWRP courtain" to be shown. I know adb is running because on the computer #adb devices show me "0123456789ABCDEF offline" (i don't know why it is always shown as offline instead of recovery)

I'll continue searching onece I have a little more spare time. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

As of now, I was able to modify and successfully use a stock RECOVERY including a compiled version of ADB (using OMNI source) that will enable root access via adb. I still haven't found what is wrong with the recovery binary for TWRP.
4th January 2015, 12:39 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi
Quote:

As of now, I was able to modify and successfully use a stock RECOVERY including a compiled version of ADB (using OMNI source) that will enable root access via adb. I still haven't found what is wrong with the recovery binary for TWRP.

hi abequer, can you tell me how you able to modify th stock recovery.
did your adb detect the devices?

because my p6s stuck in orange text logo when loading,
i can only go to adb & fast boot, but adb didnt detect the device

i think i need, boot.img &recovery.img for p6s.
btw, is there any thread taht discuss huaweis ascend P6s?

can you guys help me?

thanks before
4th January 2015, 04:40 PM |#8  
Flag Ulan-Ude
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallreborn

hi abequer, can you tell me how you able to modify th stock recovery.
did your adb detect the devices?

because my p6s stuck in orange text logo when loading,
i can only go to adb & fast boot, but adb didnt detect the device

i think i need, boot.img &recovery.img for p6s.
btw, is there any thread taht discuss huaweis ascend P6s?

can you guys help me?

thanks before

What did you do before you stucked on logo?

By the way, I didn't notice any problems with USB OTG update. And there should not be, because recovevy.fstab contains:
"/dev/block/sda1 /usb vfat defaults defaults" that means that usb flash mounts to /usb
and
"/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard vfat defaults defaults" that is about mounting external SD to /sdcard
So they don't interfere with each other, and there's no any bug that abequer was talking about.

Did you try to turn on device by pressing vol+ and power buttons simultaneously? Or by three buttons method? Did you get into recovery?
5th January 2015, 09:00 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostyan_nsk

What did you do before you stucked on logo?

By the way, I didn't notice any problems with USB OTG update. And there should not be, because recovevy.fstab contains:
"/dev/block/sda1 /usb vfat defaults defaults" that means that usb flash mounts to /usb
and
"/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard vfat defaults defaults" that is about mounting external SD to /sdcard
So they don't interfere with each other, and there's no any bug that abequer was talking about.

Did you try to turn on device by pressing vol+ and power buttons simultaneously? Or by three buttons method? Did you get into recovery?

hi guys, thx for replying, i really do appreciate it.

i was trying to root the phone, but somehow it stuck in logo.

but i manage to go to fastboot menu, and flash the recovery, and boot img, but nothing change, its still stuck

p6s-uo6

p6s-uo6

what should i do?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

found a tutorial Way to recovery from the "brick with orange logo"

chezasite.com/forum/threads/huawei-ascend-p6s-proshivka-202-fastboot-dlja-vosstanovlenija-kirpicha-instrukcija.40807

and its fixed, than you guys for everything. i really do

i cant seem to post links here, but thankyou and him, the russian guys.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread