FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Triangle Away work on S5?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By caodangra, Junior Member on 24th April 2014, 03:47 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st July 2014, 05:42 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 187

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasforlife

wondering any update did it work or not ....i need to send my phone in and wanted to know

Don't send it in. Go to a retail store. Less chance of them checking.

31st July 2014, 08:40 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 667

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasforlife

wondering any update did it work or not ....i need to send my phone in and wanted to know

Triangle away will not reset your Knox flag.

The flag can be reset in theory and has actually has been reset under controlled conditions in Development threads. But don't expect an end user solution to materialize anytime soon. For all practical purposes, a Knox flag is irreversible.

Sending a 0x1 phone to Samsung for warranty service will inevitably get it returned as unrepairable i.e. a refused warranty claim. If you live in the EU you can argue with them as their are stronger consumer protection laws ostensibly preventing them from refusing a claim unless they can demonstrate that your root damaged the phone.

For anyone elsewhere, it's more effective to claim warranty through your carrier. Many carriers don't care about Knox.

The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 07:04 AM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by caodangra

thank for the information.

my friend just took a GS5 back to tmobile because he basiclly bicked it and was to impatient to drop iot off at my house to fix it. They gave him a new one no questions asked and knox was tripped ..Its like they dont even care .. If you have premium handset protection it dont even matter if you trip knox . I think they would rather get a knox tripped phone rather than one that has a cracked screen ..The sales people up there only know how to do one thngand that is a factory reset to solve any and all problems .LOL.The last thing tmobile wants to do is keep you from having a phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to spirodave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 10:29 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
T-Mobile does not check if Knox was tripped. They don't know how to check it anyways. Just make sure that if they ask, do not give an impression that the phone is rooted.
9th August 2014, 09:08 AM |#15  
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 920

Donate to Me
More
I bricked my phone & brought back to Sprint & got a new one without a problem... Thank God!
5th January 2015, 02:08 PM |#16  
Flag Leiden
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Triangle away will not reset your Knox flag.

The flag can be reset in theory and has actually has been reset under controlled conditions in Development threads. But don't expect an end user solution to materialize anytime soon. For all practical purposes, a Knox flag is irreversible.

Sending a 0x1 phone to Samsung for warranty service will inevitably get it returned as unrepairable i.e. a refused warranty claim. If you live in the EU you can argue with them as their are stronger consumer protection laws ostensibly preventing them from refusing a claim unless they can demonstrate that your root damaged the phone.

For anyone elsewhere, it's more effective to claim warranty through your carrier. Many carriers don't care about Knox.

Some info in this thread is false, but this user explains it correctly. Triangle away is not about the Knox counter but about the Flash counter, which counts if your phone has been flashed. And on some devices it counts how many times you've flashed. I've attached a screenshot to clarify

The OP question, if triangle away works wasn't answered that i saw. I boldly tried it, with TriangeAway version 3.26 on an international SM-G900F with Polish Lollipop rom ...BNL9 version. The phone was Odin flashed with official Polish firmware to upgrade to 5.0 lollipop and then rooted with CF autoroot. And on this device TriangleAway worked! Flash counters were reset to official. Knox still tripped of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_20150105143826372.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	3099410  
Last edited by pizzaman79; 5th January 2015 at 02:11 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread