No registration required

Android 4.3/4.4

OP gerhardo

2nd January 2015, 04:58 AM   |  #51  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
More
If I understand correctly, it is now possible to run KK 4.4 on the Omate Truesmart?
This is awesome news to start the Year!
Is anyone going to to a step by step guide with relevant tools and links?
Can someone post a video?
2nd January 2015, 08:22 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 2

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik81

put in charge the Watch and check if the battery indicator appears.

If you see is ok

Do it fully charge.

After you restore your rom at will

The watch still won't turn on after being on charge all night. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminM

If I understand correctly, it is now possible to run KK 4.4 on the Omate Truesmart?

It's working on a Z8 and a Callisto 100 and has bricked my PW306 (hopefully not permanently). This is very early and definitely not safe. Wait a week and Kuronosan will probably have added this kernel to his KK ROM (he's had it ready for a while, just needing a working kernel).
2nd January 2015, 08:32 AM   |  #53  
Flag Batusangkar
Thanks Meter: 10

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufires

The watch still won't turn on after being on charge all night. Any ideas?

It's working on a Z8 and a Callisto 100 and has bricked my PW306 (hopefully not permanently). This is very early and definitely not safe. Wait a week and Kuronosan will probably have added this kernel to his KK ROM (he's had it ready for a while, just needing a working kernel).

try it with unova ironman firmware in this post, since S8 have much different hardware, but DWYOR as always
2nd January 2015, 12:09 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 19

73 posts
Quote:

The watch still won't turn on after being on charge all night. Any ideas? .

Reflash your full stock rom or alternative full stock rom

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminM

for now the only guide is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=32

and this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=34

you can use the stock firmware zgpax s8 or Unova Ironman

the sensors will not work on this we have to work ......

As always, all at your own risk.
Last edited by rik81; 2nd January 2015 at 12:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rik81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd January 2015, 06:38 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 2

48 posts
More
Talking
Quote:

Reflash your full stock rom or alternative full stock rom.

This didn't work, but I sorted it out. Turns out I had a bad preloader flashed.

Hello Google searcher! Your smart watch isn't permanently bricked.
It turns out if the bottom right corner of SP Flash Tools says "MTK USB", your preloader is borked (like mine was). In this mode you can only flash your correct preloader, no other components. Afterwards, it will say "Preloader VCOM", and you can then flash all components (but make sure the preloader is compatible). If it gets any errors, reseat the battery before each flash attempt. If it still gets errors, it's probably just the drivers. You need VCOM and MTK USB drivers separately, and Windows tries to install Alcatel ones for both). These watches/phones are completely unbrickable as long as you keep a backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maszter93

use this method for unova ironman firmware
Steps: download the firmware from this
extract it, then rename factory_NONmodified_recovery.img to recovery.img
then use scatter in the attachment, do firmware upgrade
after finished, enter recovery then do factory reset

I followed this on my Podor PW306 (but I kept my stock preloader), and I'm now running an IRONMAN 4.4.2 ROM! This is a proper 4.4.2 ROM with 3.4.67 kernel (early 6572 releases still used the JB 3.4.5 kernel). Ugly icons, no Google apps and no root, but good security options, new better watchfaces and only one bloatware app (QQ and Baidu can be uninstalled). I've since flashed TWRP through SPFT, but it will only boot to TWRP the first time after install and cannot see internal or external SD contents. Therefore I could not install SU and cannot gain root adb so the ROM is secure (maybe modify the ROM before flash?). You can install APKs from the SD card, but Google Play just instantly closes and both Boromir and Barahir exploits fail to root on Framaroot. Since I need root to restore my IMEI, I'm going to stick to Monx ROM for now.

The best part of this is that it's laying the groundwork for a new beautiful Kit Kat ROM for our watches. I'd work on it but I'm no ROM chef. Any takers?
2nd January 2015, 07:30 PM   |  #56  

73 posts
Quote:

This didn't work, but I sorted it out. Turns out I had a bad preloader flashed.

Hello Google searcher! Your smart watch isn't permanently bricked.
It turns out if the bottom right corner of SP Flash Tools says "MTK USB", your preloader is borked (like mine was). In this mode you can only flash your correct preloader, no other components. Afterwards, it will say "Preloader VCOM", and you can then flash all components (but make sure the preloader is compatible). If it gets any errors, reseat the battery before each flash attempt. If it still gets errors, it's probably just the drivers. You need VCOM and MTK USB drivers separately, and Windows tries to install Alcatel ones for both). These watches/phones are completely unbrickable as long as you keep a backup.

I followed this on my Podor PW306 (but I kept my stock preloader), and I'm now running an IRONMAN 4.4.2 ROM! This is a proper 4.4.2 ROM with 3.4.67 kernel (early 6572 releases still used the JB 3.4.5 kernel). Ugly icons, no Google apps and no root, but good security options, new better watchfaces and only one bloatware app (QQ and Baidu can be uninstalled). I've since flashed TWRP through SPFT, but it will only boot to TWRP the first time after install and cannot see internal or external SD contents. Therefore I could not install SU and cannot gain root adb so the ROM is secure (maybe modify the ROM before flash?). You can install APKs from the SD card, but Google Play just instantly closes and both Boromir and Barahir exploits fail to root on Framaroot. Since I need root to restore my IMEI, I'm going to stick to Monx ROM for now.

The best part of this is that it's laying the groundwork for a new beautiful Kit Kat ROM for our watches. I'd work on it but I'm no ROM chef. Any takers?

well ... I had recommended to always use its preloader ..it is essential to avoid unpleasant restores.

Unova Ironman Rom works fast and well, but even I have managed to get the Root .... there is so much work to do ... we hope in the help of someone else
4th January 2015, 11:52 AM   |  #57  
Flag Batusangkar
Thanks Meter: 10

20 posts
More
Quote:

well ... I had recommended to always use its preloader ..it is essential to avoid unpleasant restores.

Unova Ironman Rom works fast and well, but even I have managed to get the Root .... there is so much work to do ... we hope in the help of someone else

Try recovery in this thread, I collect your method and mine in that thread... that's working TWRP Recovery which almost fully working
The Following User Says Thank You to Maszter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2015, 01:04 PM   |  #58  

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maszter93

Try recovery in this thread, I collect your method and mine in that thread... that's working TWRP Recovery which almost fully working

Good, I'll try
6th January 2015, 06:54 AM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 587

1,833 posts
Those of you having problems, remember to include stock cache and user data or if will fail.

Can anyone on the S8 firmware tell me if they issues downloading files? On UNOVA files get saved nowhere.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread