FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Galaxy S3 - Kitkat Discussion Thread

15th November 2014, 07:41 AM |#321  
TheLastSidekick's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendj81

Yeah, I know your story with the S3 and how you moved to a nexus. But since I read a post in which you declared your love to our side of the community, I thought you had landed or might gotten an old S3 to mess around with hehehe. We have very few devs now, you and Doc were the most active if not the most active we had. Good thing Doc is still around a bit

Yes I loved my S3 but money was tight and the Nexus 5 was a cheap and solid device. Keep in mind I'm currently unemployed and can't find work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 on Lollipop 5.0
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th November 2014, 03:17 PM |#322  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendj81

We have very few devs now, you and Doc were the most active if not the most active we had. Good thing Doc is still around a bit

LOL. Who has two hands and looks first to see which devs are making Roms before buying a new device?

....this guy

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

Lollipop is awesome guys. When you guys get it on AOSP I'd recommend you go to it post haste. If you're going to need WiFi calling just try using Google Voice Number and Google Dialer on WiFi.

I'm thinking about this. Anyone try porting their tmo number to google voice and making the VoIP work thru hangouts?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2922629




Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
15th November 2014, 09:14 PM |#323  
allendj81's Avatar
Senior Member
LBC, CA
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

Yes I loved my S3 but money was tight and the Nexus 5 was a cheap and solid device. Keep in mind I'm currently unemployed and can't find work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 on Lollipop 5.0

I'm on the same boat, unemployed and can't find work in my field
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allendj81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2014, 09:50 PM |#324  
calexchelse's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stroud, OK
Thanks Meter: 446
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendj81

I'm on the same boat, unemployed and can't find work in my field

I'm working as a call center rep for dish, I'm certified tech. When I picked the field (was a machinist, but injured on the job a few years ago), the IT field was skies the limit in Oklahoma. By the time I got certified, the bottom had fell out and all the ground floor jobs are being taken by 5-6 year experience techs, or, since I'm 40, the younger certs.
The Following User Says Thank You to calexchelse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2014, 09:53 PM |#325  
TheLastSidekick's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calexchelse

I'm working as a call center rep for dish, I'm certified tech. When I picked the field (was a machinist, but injured on the job a few years ago), the IT field was skies the limit in Oklahoma. By the time I got certified, the bottom had fell out and all the ground floor jobs are being taken by 5-6 year experience techs, or, since I'm 40, the younger certs.

Ah I see. There's kind of like how it is here. I'm 20, almost legal drinking age, I will be next month anyways. I'm also a certified technician. Got my A+.

Sent from my Nexus 5 on Lollipop 5.0
16th November 2014, 03:26 AM |#326  
yahanna's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

Ah I see. There's kind of like how it is here. I'm 20, almost legal drinking age, I will be next month anyways. I'm also a certified technician. Got my A+.

Sent from my Nexus 5 on Lollipop 5.0

How much does you get paid as a tech? For which conpany?
18th December 2014, 06:40 AM |#327  
Member
Flag Round Rock
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
F'n T-Mobile. They G2x'd me again!
23rd December 2014, 08:48 AM |#328  
PunishedSnake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

Ah I see. There's kind of like how it is here. I'm 20, almost legal drinking age, I will be next month anyways. I'm also a certified technician. Got my A+.

Sent from my Nexus 5 on Lollipop 5.0

A+ is the easy one. Go for ms certs like server and windows 7. Cisco etc

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
7th January 2015, 02:23 AM |#329  
PunishedSnake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_Man25

Sadly, I think you're right. It appears that any new updates for the S3 are for the LTE version and not for the T999.

Thankfully we have a number of great developers on this site that will keep our phone alive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

nothing for the lte version either
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes