Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: How do you like all the features?
Too Much / too bloated 20 21.51%
Not enough / needs more 23 24.73%
Just the right balance 50 53.76%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][NAE/NG2][TW 4.4] [TEAM ACHERON] SuperS4 [ODEXED] UPDATED 9-14-14

OP g_ding84

21st December 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #1751  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoo

Hmm... I'm having the same problem going to "Settings" -> "System Update". It crashes on me every time with "Unfortunately settings has stopped.

This is with the 2.1 deodex version. On my other Galaxy S4 that's still running the 2.0 odex version, that works fine. I guess I could try just putting that older version on (it's my wife's phone and I hate to go through that all again just for that one little bug which probably won't ever affect her, but still... )

Replying to myself... I wound up just putting 2.0 on there, same as my own phone. I read some other folks had similar problems with the 2.1 deodexed version and I wasn't in the frame of mind to fuss with it more.
28th December 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #1752  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 8,227

5,369 posts
Donate to Me
More
cleaned up the OP - removed a few of the older ROM versions - kept from V1.5 to V2.1
cleaned up the 3rd post and updated the new odexer tool from 1.2 to 1.6. Works much better.

More of just a general housekeeping. OCD kicking in. lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to g_ding84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1753  
Flag Lincoln, NE
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoo

Replying to myself... I wound up just putting 2.0 on there, same as my own phone. I read some other folks had similar problems with the 2.1 deodexed version and I wasn't in the frame of mind to fuss with it more.

I have exact same issue. Settings works everywhere but for accessing the System Update menu

Probably the underlying issue: Mobile data transfer alone gives me "no network" errors when connecting to Google Play or search (mobile voice works though). Data transfer via apps works fine when wifi is activated, but if I turn it off and only have "Mobile networks" > "Mobile data" checked, no dice. For some reason, I am not able to transfer data over mobile network. Also, I am not getting any 4G indicator in my top bar (I typically acces 4g in my area) so thinking 4G may not be working either ... ?

I am running v2.1 of this ROM (deodex as of this moment) without any additions or customizations ... flashed with latest TWRP, installed NG2 modem tar linked in OP before installing the ROM:

Model Num: SPH_L720
Baseband: L720VPUFNG2

Kernel:
3.4.0-2162929
dpi@SWDD6013 #1
Wed Jul 9 09:04:04 KST 2014

Kernel issue? Great ROM otherwise, but fairly useless for me without data over mobile networks, so hoping there is a workaround so I can stay Super
Last edited by Atreides Spawn; 30th December 2014 at 07:35 PM.
6th January 2015, 05:52 AM   |  #1754  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 217

207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides Spawn

I have exact same issue. Settings works everywhere but for accessing the System Update menu

Probably the underlying issue: Mobile data transfer alone gives me "no network" errors when connecting to Google Play or search (mobile voice works though). Data transfer via apps works fine when wifi is activated, but if I turn it off and only have "Mobile networks" > "Mobile data" checked, no dice. For some reason, I am not able to transfer data over mobile network. Also, I am not getting any 4G indicator in my top bar (I typically acces 4g in my area) so thinking 4G may not be working either ... ?

I am running v2.1 of this ROM (deodex as of this moment) without any additions or customizations ... flashed with latest TWRP, installed NG2 modem tar linked in OP before installing the ROM:

Kernel:
3.4.0-2162929
dpi@SWDD6013 #1

Kernel issue? Great ROM otherwise, but fairly useless for me without data over mobile networks, so hoping there is a workaround so I can stay Super

I've been on this room since day one. Highly recommend using 2.0. 2.1 in addition to no system update I could never get visual voice mail to provision. Version 2.0 is highly stable and battery life to kill for. Deodexed 2.1 is awesome just those 2 issues. The developer doesn't have the phone anymore so I'm just assuming there will be no fix. Personally 2.0 is flawless

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
7th January 2015, 04:31 AM   |  #1755  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
No mobile data
Quote:

Kernel:
3.4.0-2162929
dpi@SWDD6013 #1

I had this same issue as well, just loaded the ROM yesterday and did it exactly as @davejet suggested. Weird thing is, I was going to revert back to 2.0 (guess it wouldn't really be a revert, but more of a downgrade) I went to enter into recovery mode, and it hung on the samsung logo with the blue writing in the top corner. I then powered off the phone and booted back up, and missed recovery mode so let it boot fully, and when it came up, I had LTE signal. I still am not able to enter system update menu, but I can live with that for now. Hope this helps some, even though I really didn't do anything
The Following User Says Thank You to pedenspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2 rom, kats are tasty, team acheron!!!, touch jizz
Previous Thread Next Thread