Ask a question

No registration required

[Stock] [ROM] Karbonn Titanium S5 plus / S5+

OP dogmatism

31st December 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
help
Can any 1 giv me original s5+ cwm recovery coz i am unable to install the zip given on first page i changed the rom now i have a range problem si want to switch back i tried taking backup first but it was unable to take backup
31st December 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #132  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 32

113 posts
More
Here they are :
Quote:

Preferred, Tested : Philz Touch Recovery 6.57.9 ( based on ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.5.1 )

https://tr.im/2eae8

Quote:

TWRP Recovery 2.7.1.0 ( Touch )

https://tr.im/1757c

Quote:

ClockWorkMod recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus : ( Non - Touch )
tr.im/RWOT

Quote:

ClockWorkMod - based recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus ( Modded by carliv @ xda )
tr.im/f2c21

The original one you are looking for is the non-touch ClockWorkMod recovery. All of the recoveries have been tried and are reported to work successfully. You have to flash these using the fastboot method. This needs the phone to be connected to the computer.

Quote:

Go to the folder containing the recovery.img file you just downloaded.

Shift + Right Click on any empty space in the folder and Select Open Command Window Here

Connect the phone to the computer and make sure you have USB Debugging enabled and not USB Storage

Type these into the Command Window :

adb devices -- This should show the Device attached as KarbonnTitaniumS5Plus-xxxx or any such line.

adb get-state -- This is to ensure USB Debugging works. It will show device, recovery or offline, but here, we would be looking for device

adb reboot bootloader -- This reboots the device into Fastboot mode, also called as HBOOT or Bootloader. This mode is necessary for flashing the recovery.img file

fastboot oem unlock -- This is to ensure that you can flash xxxx.img files to specific partitions of the device.

fastboot flash <<partitionname>> <<nameofrecoveryimagefile.img>> -- This flashes the specific partition image file to the specified partition. Here, we would be looking for something like fastboot flash recovery philzrecoverys5plus.img for the PhilZ Touch Recovery and fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img for the TWRP Recovery and fastboot flash recovery cwmrecoverys5plus.img for the.... Well, you understand what I mean. This should show some text on the device like Transferring Flash or Writing Flash and the Time and Speed of it, that would confirm your flashing.

fastboot reboot -- This command reboots the device into the normal system, and lo, you're ready to go !

4th January 2015, 07:24 AM   |  #133  

21 posts
Smile thanx for effort brothere
It flashs well using meta inf of xperia v2....

But it has a bootloop problem
Gets stuck in boot.img.........
The boot video doesnt load up....only stuck at the start
Page.....

This was the same situation happening when i tried to port
Cm12 of androidone devices.....
I think its because our sdk and kernal version needs to flashed....
Eith the kitkat or android l kernal...plus no soirce codes are available from
Karbonn...so its hard to say whether c4k would be a success....ill try to fix....

Thanx for effort
4th January 2015, 07:31 AM   |  #134  
Flag Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Thanks Meter: 13

135 posts
More
Is it booting or not(The C4k ?)Heck I want a custom ROM.Getting boared of stock ROM.Will it work if we replace the boot.img of working ROMs with that of c4k?

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th January 2015, 10:42 AM   |  #135  
Flag Bangalore

113 posts
More
Precisely the problem I was trying to fix from so many months. But, I know why this is happening. After so many days, I found the solution : port a Kitkat boot.img from another Mediatek device to our device. But, not from the Android One devices, as they have locked bootloaders, and we do not. To continue development, I have asked for help from @superdragonpt in porting a Kitkat kernel to this device. Let us hope he helps us. I'm trying all I can on my side, and you try what you can, too. Hopefully, we come to a solution.
4th January 2015, 12:35 PM   |  #136  

21 posts
Smile ohhk.. ill try to get kitkat boot
Ill get it from micromax unite 2 or xolo q1010i..
Ill speak to mayank girdhar...
Let us hope
4th January 2015, 01:45 PM   |  #137  
Flag Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Thanks Meter: 13

135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx

Precisely the problem I was trying to fix from so many months. But, I know why this is happening. After so many days, I found the solution : port a Kitkat boot.img from another Mediatek device to our device. But, not from the Android One devices, as they have locked bootloaders, and we do not. To continue development, I have asked for help from @superdragonpt in porting a Kitkat kernel to this device. Let us hope he helps us. I'm trying all I can on my side, and you try what you can, too. Hopefully, we come to a solution.

I flashed the android L ROM .As comments by user said that the camera is not working.It force closes.So is their any workaround for this thing.Also apps like gallery and video player also have the same problem.

Sent from my Titanium S5+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th January 2015, 03:53 PM   |  #138  
Flag Bangalore

113 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler

I flashed the android L ROM .As comments by user said that the camera is not working.It force closes.So is their any workaround for this thing.Also apps like gallery and video player also have the same problem.

Sent from my Titanium S5+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Try fixing the permissions through recovery. That might help. I dunno as I have my exams coming up, and can't spare any time at all for ROM development. The same goes for fixing your troubles. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobit nair

Ill get it from micromax unite 2 or xolo q1010i..
Ill speak to mayank girdhar...
Let us hope

MT6582 Kitkat Kernel Source code is here !
https://github.com/kashifmin/MT6582-KK-KERNEL
Make the full use of it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
karbonn, s5 plus, titanium s5+
Previous Thread Next Thread