FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Phone storage to SD

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I'm coming from note 3. Is it just me or can you not move files from phone storage to SD card. ? I torrent my movies and music like a lot I'm sure do. But can't get anything I download to move to my SD card. ?

28th May 2014, 04:32 PM |#2  
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 508

More
I also came from a Note 3, and when it had 4.3 on it, you could transfer apps to SD, but 4.4.2 stopped that. Its not a Samsung or HTC thing, its a 4.4.2 thing.
28th May 2014, 05:42 PM |#3  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Just tested it and I can use Root Explorer to make a transfer between internal SD and external SD.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th May 2014, 06:51 AM |#4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 230

More
I just traded my note3 for the HTC and I inserted my SD card and deleted all my picture that I took from my note3

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
8th January 2015, 02:40 AM |#5  
Flag Fairchild AFB, WA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by One8e7

So I'm coming from note 3. Is it just me or can you not move files from phone storage to SD card. ? I torrent my movies and music like a lot I'm sure do. But can't get anything I download to move to my SD card. ?

Hey,

I believe there was something reported about 4.4.2 not allowing this process. I went to Playstore and downloaded an app called "NextApp SDFix". It's supposed to restore your permissions to write files to the MicroSD cards. Check it out!!
8th January 2015, 06:07 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You should be able to use HTC File Manager, which allows you to copy files to the SD card, without root access. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)