FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[ROM][JULY 30][UrDroid][STOCK][AT&T NC2 Kitkat ][ODEXED][Deodexed][W/ROOT][Ver 2 ]

7,190 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,844

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th November 2014, 03:27 AM |#241  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed3786

Nope! I'll try the VERY LOUD! Thank you!

I added another to previous post with head set and phone turned up. I hope it works because I need it to for the phone while talking ( without head set)
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th November 2014, 05:55 AM |#242  
Flag Rockford, IL
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Thumbs up Thank you! I'll let you know tomorrow!
Great work.... You're very much appreciated
12th November 2014, 06:40 AM |#243  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed3786

Great work.... You're very much appreciated

Did you sound increase?
14th November 2014, 11:45 PM |#244  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 91

More
It has been a while since I flashed my Note 3. I have the note 4 now so I am trying to get this note 3 ready for my nephew. Right now I have a custom KK rom installed in the stock slot. Is it okay to flash this rom to the stock slot after doing a factory wipe and then wiping system, data and the caches?
15th November 2014, 12:29 AM |#245  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila

It has been a while since I flashed my Note 3. I have the note 4 now so I am trying to get this note 3 ready for my nephew. Right now I have a custom KK rom installed in the stock slot. Is it okay to flash this rom to the stock slot after doing a factory wipe and then wiping system, data and the caches?

yes thats correct
9th January 2015, 06:51 PM |#246  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Issues with obtaining root
I seem to be having an issue with obtaining root in order to install your ROM. I have a warranty exchange refurbished phone from AT&T that was already preloaded with NC2. I'm using the towel root file that you linked as well as the towel root file from the towel root site as well and root is not being granted. At least it doesn't appear to be anyway.. (there's no SuperUser app after running the TowelRoot application). I flashed the NC2 kernel that you referenced and that didn't help either.

I enabled the dev options and enabled USB debugging, allowed for sideloading (unknown sources in security) and I made sure that the phone has wi-fi access (I figured that towel root may need to download the super user apk itself..)

Do you have any suggestions for getting root? I'm asking here because I've ran this ROM before on my other Note 3 (the one that I have to send back) and I like it a lot. However that phone was on jellybean and I followed instructions on how to upgrade to a pre-release version of kitkat to keep the JB bootloader that was rooted. I then used safestrap to flash this ROM..

Thanks and keep up the good work
The Following User Says Thank You to rob.allen78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2015, 08:32 PM |#247  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.allen78

I seem to be having an issue with obtaining root in order to install your ROM. I have a warranty exchange refurbished phone from AT&T that was already preloaded with NC2. I'm using the towel root file that you linked as well as the towel root file from the towel root site as well and root is not being granted. At least it doesn't appear to be anyway.. (there's no SuperUser app after running the TowelRoot application). I flashed the NC2 kernel that you referenced and that didn't help either.

I enabled the dev options and enabled USB debugging, allowed for sideloading (unknown sources in security) and I made sure that the phone has wi-fi access (I figured that towel root may need to download the super user apk itself..)

Do you have any suggestions for getting root? I'm asking here because I've ran this ROM before on my other Note 3 (the one that I have to send back) and I like it a lot. However that phone was on jellybean and I followed instructions on how to upgrade to a pre-release version of kitkat to keep the JB bootloader that was rooted. I then used safestrap to flash this ROM..

Thanks and keep up the good work

@rob.allen78
yes tr.apk does not install root SuperSu fully it just get you root without the superuser promt

you need to install SuperSU to get your SuperUser app first try the playstore (if you do not have custom recovery)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infire.supersu

Installing Manually

You will have to follow the steps to get Safestrap installed because you need safestrap recovery to innstall app

http://download.chainfire.eu/641/Sup...erSU-v2.40.zip
Last edited by carl1961; 9th January 2015 at 08:38 PM.
10th January 2015, 12:27 AM |#248  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

@rob.allen78
yes tr.apk does not install root SuperSu fully it just get you root without the superuser promt

you need to install SuperSU to get your SuperUser app first try the playstore (if you do not have custom recovery)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infire.supersu

Installing Manually

You will have to follow the steps to get Safestrap installed because you need safestrap recovery to innstall app

http://download.chainfire.eu/641/Sup...erSU-v2.40.zip

Thanks for the clarification (It worked by the way and I'm loading busybox now as I type this)

Now - can I'm assuming that since this phone came with NC pre loaded that I can just proceed to booting into the Safestrap recovery and installing the ROM or do I need to ODIN the AP, BL, etc. files as well?
10th January 2015, 02:02 AM |#249  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.allen78

Thanks for the clarification (It worked by the way and I'm loading busybox now as I type this)

Now - can I'm assuming that since this phone came with NC pre loaded that I can just proceed to booting into the Safestrap recovery and installing the ROM or do I need to ODIN the AP, BL, etc. files as well?

if your installing NC2 roms you do not need to install any odin firmware, Your about phone screen should show NC2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread