FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q&A] Hyperion 9 Support Thread

575 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,988

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th November 2014, 11:08 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
flashed HYPERION-09.DXMJ1.GM-REV.03-FINAL.BUILD
but the lock screen is not tranparent ??
Last edited by sam_e_square; 15th November 2014 at 11:13 AM.

15th November 2014, 02:28 PM |#152  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_e_square

flashed HYPERION-09.DXMJ1.GM-REV.03-FINAL.BUILD
but the lock screen is not tranparent ??

Flash the update 1.
18th November 2014, 07:32 AM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey.. excuse me.. i need some help..
my SGY can't mount the data in CWM.. what happen??
18th November 2014, 07:59 AM |#154  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,937

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrefa2715

hey.. excuse me.. i need some help..
my SGY can't mount the data in CWM.. what happen??

Either you are not using a stock based kernel
Or your data needs formatting

Flash stock rom via odin using firmware from my firmware thread (links in signature) & start again is the easy way if you don't know what you are doing
30th December 2014, 12:53 PM |#155  

More
Can't install apps
hi guyz i have a problem i cannot install any app from play store on hyperion9 instalation went well but i get error on play store now i can't even run it because it says "check your connection and try again"
i've also tried to install apps through .apk but i managed only to install ask.fm and nothing else because i get error " There is a problem parsing the package i have third source apps checked in options and i've tried various versions of applications still same. Please help
30th December 2014, 01:10 PM |#156  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,937

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryx15

hi guyz i have a problem i cannot install any app from play store on hyperion9 instalation went well but i get error on play store now i can't even run it because it says "check your connection and try again"
i've also tried to install apps through .apk but i managed only to install ask.fm and nothing else because i get error " There is a problem parsing the package i have third source apps checked in options and i've tried various versions of applications still same. Please help

There is a problem parsing the package means you are either
1- trying to install an app that is only for a higher version of Android
2 - the apk didn't download correctly

With downloading from the playstore all I can suggest is
Go into cwm
Format data
Format cache
Mount system
Mount data
Mount cache
Flash gapps https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
Restart
8th January 2015, 03:24 AM |#157  
Flag Makati

Donate to Me
More
How to increase internal storage?
I flashed the rom and it works really well...

However, so far, I only have 2 apps (FB messenger and Cleanmaster) ; and I checked that I only have 5mb left. There's another app called "Google Play Services" that ate 60mb (20mb of data that I clear again and again but it goes back).

I can no longer receive any sms messages due to out of space...
8th January 2015, 01:43 PM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkenhut

I flashed the rom and it works really well...

However, so far, I only have 2 apps (FB messenger and Cleanmaster) ; and I checked that I only have 5mb left. There's another app called "Google Play Services" that ate 60mb (20mb of data that I clear again and again but it goes back).

I can no longer receive any sms messages due to out of space...

Yes, that's unfortunately very predictable side effect of using this ROM as well as any other deodexed ROMs.
Stock ROM are odexed, means that the system apps don't need to be paired with a davilk-cache that eats up space in the /data internal storage partition.
Deodexed ROM, on the contrary needs space to store the davilk-cache for the sytem apps, and that turns to be a issue on devices with very limited internal storage like the Galaxy Y.
To make things worse the latest updates of Google Play Service and Google Play store have much bigger footprint than the earlier versions and so they "eat" more internal storage space.

As lack of internal storage free space is a common issue for Galaxy Y holders, there have been developed many different solutions that aren't related to this ROM only and that are mainly based on making use of SDcard storage to free up internal storage space.
I personally make use of Link2SD app... but the free version doesn't give the option to "move" (symlink) the apps data&cache folder in internal storage so it might not be very effective; I personally solved doing the symlinks manually but it required some knowledge.

Anyway, if I was you, just as a start, I would free up some space by uninstalling the Google Play Service and Google Play Store updates and preventing them to automatically update again using these simple tricks.
[TRICK] How to avoid Google Play Service update
[TRICK] How to stop Google Play Store self update - easy!"

As a side note Google Play Service huge size is because it's used by Google to provide compatible API for apps designed to run on latest Android OS versions, so that those apps can run on old OS like Gingerbread.
A complete uninstallation of Google Play Service is usually unharmful for system apps that are designed already to run on Gingerbread so they don't need compatibility support.
Some users uninstall Google Play Service from system, then they install it at a later time as a normal "user app", and they move it on the SDcard.

In any case, to solve the "low memory" issue your system has to be "rooted".
Last edited by halnovemila; 8th January 2015 at 01:53 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halnovemila For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 09:36 AM |#159  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hello,
Any solution for volume problem?
e.g.
When it switches between two songs (Mannually or Automatic) volume suddenly goes at full level...
Pushing single button on volume key makes it user volume value again..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread