[ROM] [4.4.4] ParanoidAndroid 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mpourfath@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2014
shiraz
Hi there, PA 4.4.4 is the best custom ROM for me, every thing is good! And thanks PA team. but one thing: what is the best suggested app for saving battery in standby? I use trickster mod... Thanks in advance.

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Hello people! How are you all? :)

I just want to ask.... Is there anyway to install MultiROM TWRP on this ROM?? I tried to install it from MultiROM Manager app. Its all go fine with installing the recovery. I mean it say "done" or something like this. But when I try to boot into the recovery I don't see MultiROM TWRP. Its just enter CWM recovery which is the stock one. I also tried Flashify app and MultiROM TWRP recovery image file. Its just freeze when I press "flash recovery".. I tried other app called ROM Toolbox with the same recovery image. Its says " Recovery partition not found" :/
So what can I do? In MultiROM's thread it says that MultiROM mod is officially supported. So there is no kernel like Omni Roms and other Roms. Plus I'm not planning to wipe my ROM and install it as a secondary one... Any advice? Thanks... And have a nice time. My Hello's to everyone else :)

Panaroma

Mar 22, 2012
Hello people! How are you all? :)

I just want to ask.... Is there anyway to install MultiROM TWRP on this ROM?? I tried to install it from MultiROM Manager app. Its all go fine with installing the recovery. I mean it say "done" or something like this. But when I try to boot into the recovery I don't see MultiROM TWRP. Its just enter CWM recovery which is the stock one. I also tried Flashify app and MultiROM TWRP recovery image file. Its just freeze when I press "flash recovery".. I tried other app called ROM Toolbox with the same recovery image. Its says " Recovery partition not found" :/
So what can I do? In MultiROM's thread it says that MultiROM mod is officially supported. So there is no kernel like Omni Roms and other Roms. Plus I'm not planning to wipe my ROM and install it as a secondary one... Any advice? Thanks... And have a nice time. My Hello's to everyone else :)

Really don't know what's going wrong ^^
Latest build is my primary rom and everything is fine. I used the multirom manager app like you and yeah it's working...?!?

Just to let you know.

Maybe backup everything and start from scratch ;)

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Really don't know what's going wrong ^^
Latest build is my primary rom and everything is fine. I used the multirom manager app like you and yeah it's working...?!?

Just to let you know.
Hmm.. Maybe I messed up something before.. I'll try to flash the latest nightly build and see.. Anyway. Thanks for your quick response :)

iosslayer

Jan 4, 2013
Can you please gimme the full instruction on how to do this as my xperia Z is stock 4.4.4 and i dont have much knowledge on rooting and i wanna upgrade it to paranoid android 4.6.You help will be very very much appreciated :)

Acudor

Dec 12, 2011
google play services draining so much of the battery, any solution ?

Attachments

• 1427011979977.jpg
    1427011979977.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 590

mujeeb999

Dec 14, 2011
Aurangabad
I installed pa 4.45 boot.img from zip but I cant get into recovery, when blue led flashed i pressed vol up but the phone boots and stuck in boot loop. I reinstalled boot.img but still same problem

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
When I connect phone to charger or laptop USB, won't auto sleep after 1m.
I tried CM11 to.
same issue.
Is it known bug ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PA%2B46BETA5%2BPNG.png

This ROM is based on KMA apq8064 kernel

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. POWER OFF THE PHONE
    2. HOLD VOL+ AND PLUG USB TO BOOT INTO FASTBOOT (BLUE LED)
    3. fastboot flash boot boot.img (from zip file)
    4. fastboot reboot
    5. ENTER RECOVERY (on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+)
    6. FACTORY RESET
    7. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    8. INSTALL ROM AND GAPPS
    9. REBOOT

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    JUST WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE.

CREDITS:

AOSP/Google
    Cyanogenmod
    FreeXperiaProject
    Kali-
    beerbong
    krabappel2548
    thomas1991_12

LINKS:

CHANGELOG
    GITHUB
    MAIN GERRIT
    LEGACY GERRIT
    FAQ & HELP
    BUG REPORTS/FEATURE REQUESTS
    COMMUNITY
    LEGACY COMMUNITY

BANNERS:​
    gVUe3yy.png

DJ3ShpZ.png

lNcto1H.png

Clicking the Thanks button takes no time and is always appreciated!​
    ;)
    Something something something PA 5.0

LfdYQWv.png

Sorry, just had to. :p
    I'm still ironing out some pretty major bugs (reboots when locking the device [I know, right?] and when turning on WiFi, baseband unkown etc.), but apart from that it's super smooth and I hope to release it soon!

Regards,
    SH
    Paranoid Android 5.0 test build (1st Alpha build)

Here is a very, very, very, very (very) early test build of Paranoid Android 5.0. Please be aware that PA is pretty much stock AOSP right now. All KitKat features will need to be reworked for Lollipop.

I've tested most major things: RIL, calls, data, wifi, tethering and camera all seem to be functioning. But I need you guys to help test it thoroughly, so please go ahead and try it for a while and report back here WITH LOGS, for any problems you may have (I'll make a new thread soon).

ROM download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620392440

Recommended Gapps: http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900

Installation instructions:

"fastboot flash boot" the boot.img from the zip
    Boot into recovery and make a full backup
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash the ROM and Gapps

Known bugs:

* CM's recovery is currently broken, so I repacked the boot.img to include TWRP
    * Sometimes distortion can be heard with music playback
    * Carrier text on the lockscreen is incorrectly positioned
    * Setting preferred network to 2G breaks RIL (use LTE or 3G)
    * Other bugs? Let me know

I'll make a new thread soon.

Enjoy! :D
    Official PA maintainer for the Xperia Z

It's official! I'm now the Paranoid Android maintainer for the Xperia Z :D

So to celebrate here's a small early update:

pa_yuga-4.0-BETA6-20140221.zip

Changelog:

- Included exFAT support - Thanks to @Groovecain for testing
    - Included Double Tap 2 Wake the proper way with no additional battery drain, huge thanks to @championswimmer for that one (Toggle can be found in Settings>Display)
    - Cleaned up some stuff

Please note your existing version of Paranoid OTA won't find this latest ROM, this is because ROMs will now be uploaded to the main PA server. So download the ROM using the link in the OP.

Cheers all.