Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

★ |[How-To]| EffortLess Guide | NK3 | | Flashing | | Rooting | | Recovery | 26NOV14 ★

OP effortless

23rd December 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #331  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 374

1,615 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeceeBabe

Can Someone please tell me how I get knox back to zero?

You can't. It's impossible once it's tripped.
23rd December 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #332  
Thanks Meter: 35

118 posts
More
you don't
24th December 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #333  
Flag Taylors
Thanks Meter: 11

48 posts
More
Once it's tripped, only Samsung can reset it. However, unless something has changed recently, T-Mobile doesn't care about knox.
26th December 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #334  
Flag Destin FL.
Thanks Meter: 171

301 posts
More
hello guys, hey I have a problem I am really hoping someone can help me with. Windows will not recognize my phone anymore. Not sure what I have done but would really appreciate some advise please. Thanks a bunch for any help.
29th December 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #335  
Flag East Seattle
Thanks Meter: 776

1,591 posts
More
Try installing the Samsung mobile phone drivers again
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555
3rd January 2015, 07:30 AM   |  #336  
Flag Raleigh,NC
Thanks Meter: 348

436 posts
More
Question
I'm on baseband version ending in NB4 is there any way I can fo go one ending with NK3? So I can use region unlock?
5th January 2015, 01:43 AM   |  #337  
Thanks Meter: 184

616 posts
Donate to Me
More
has anyone had success flashing this after coming from a TW Lollipop Rom? I'm stuck
5th January 2015, 08:23 PM   |  #338  
Flag So-Cal
Thanks Meter: 223

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonphinguyen7

has anyone had success flashing this after coming from a TW Lollipop Rom? I'm stuck

Yup. Took me a bit.

1. Follow the instructions with Odin until you get to the Tmobile screen.
2. Pull battery.
3. As you put the battery back in hold the Volume Up and Power and the Home botton. (you are trying to enter recovery)
4. You will then enter the stock recovery (should say something something NK3)
5. Using the volume buttons select Wipe data and then wipe cache.
6. Pull battery
7. Reboot back into the bootloader by following the Odin instructions again.
8. Wait.
9. It may take longer than usual but it will work!

I'm sure there's a better way using Odin but this worked for me.
Last edited by MyNarwhalBacon; 5th January 2015 at 08:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyNarwhalBacon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2015, 11:34 PM   |  #339  
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
More
Came from Dompop using the instructions you provided and everything works perfectly, thanks so much!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Free mobile app
12th January 2015, 03:27 AM   |  #340  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Red face Stuck on Galaxy Note 3 splash screen
Hey Folks,

I was attempting to flash effortless ROM after having rooted and flashed the TWRP recovery. When I was attempting the wipe step, it would fail i would get some message indicating "E: Unable to mount '/data'" and "E: unable to mount storage". I tried wiping some of the things individually, and only system succeeded (although the unable to mount message still appeared). I attempted to continue through the steps but the others failed as well and I was unable to find the ROM to install.

After attempting to reboot the phone, it is now stuck on the Samansug Galaxy Note 3 splash screen.

After attempting the wipes, I remembered that my phone was encrypted, and wondered if that was preventing the mounting. I wanted to boot it back up normally again, and see if there was a decrypt option to be able to start the process over, but at this point I am unable to boot.

Can anyone provide any pointers on how to boot?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnny1

Hey Folks,

I was attempting to flash effortless ROM after having rooted and flashed the TWRP recovery. When I was attempting the wipe step, it would fail i would get some message indicating "E: Unable to mount '/data'" and "E: unable to mount storage". I tried wiping some of the things individually, and only system succeeded (although the unable to mount message still appeared). I attempted to continue through the steps but the others failed as well and I was unable to find the ROM to install.

After attempting to reboot the phone, it is now stuck on the Samansug Galaxy Note 3 splash screen.

After attempting the wipes, I remembered that my phone was encrypted, and wondered if that was preventing the mounting. I wanted to boot it back up normally again, and see if there was a decrypt option to be able to start the process over, but at this point I am unable to boot.

Thanks

I followed the steps to flash the full stock nk3 and that brought my phone back....
Now that I can boot I can see that there isn't an option to un-encrypt my device...does anyone know if having an encrypted device would cause the problems i was seeing?

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnny1

Hey Folks,

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I followed the steps to flash the full stock nk3 and that brought my phone back....
Now that I can boot I can see that there isn't an option to un-encrypt my device...does anyone know if having an encrypted device would cause the problems i was seeing?

Flashed to factory default to get rid of device encryption, and then was able to complete the process successfully.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread