FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock ND8 Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2]

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 81

By DR_CDMA, Junior Member on 2nd May 2014, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th January 2015, 10:28 PM |#811  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
link
Anyone have a working link to the full restore ? I'd like the one that does take data and returns the phone to factory fresh but the original link points to a dead page My phone does have the nd8 modem already . Thanks .

12th January 2015, 01:49 AM |#812  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 34,175

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoober

Anyone have a working link to the full restore ? I'd like the one that does take data and returns the phone to factory fresh but the original link points to a dead page My phone does have the nd8 modem already . Thanks .

I believe there is a mirror posted a few pages back.

My ROMs: Wicked X & Wicked S5 Xperience
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 05:28 AM |#813  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,948

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcolino1

these steps are to load file with odin, the link to the " ND8 FULL stock tar" does not work but it seems by the example to point back to the file I already have
L710VPUCND8_L710SPRCND8_L710VPUCND8_HOME.tar.md5, I got the link from you is it a stock or mod rom? and when I load from odin I lose data anyway around that?

In that case, have you tried getting it from kies?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
12th January 2015, 06:29 AM |#814  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsingle76

In that case, have you tried getting it from kies?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

if its not taking an ota which is from sprint/samsung I doubt it will work directly from samsung

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

brainstorming if I have the nd8 modem which seems to be the issue (I got a mod years ago) but the rest of the rom is mk3, what will happen if I try to load a mk3 stock rom on there through cwm it probably bump out the nd8 modem and the root and make it pure mk3 which should allow the ota to 4.4.2?
12th January 2015, 07:14 AM |#815  
Flag Syracuse,NY
Thanks Meter: 1,466

More
Quote:

if its not taking an ota which is from sprint/samsung I doubt it will work directly from samsung

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

brainstorming if I have the nd8 modem which seems to be the issue (I got a mod years ago) but the rest of the rom is mk3, what will happen if I try to load a mk3 stock rom on there through cwm it probably bump out the nd8 modem and the root and make it pure mk3 which should allow the ota to 4.4.2?

You can get updates for all carriers, including Boost/Virgin, through Kies. You're making this way harder than it has to be. In the 3 days you've been asking you could have easily transferred all the files you don't want to lose to a PC. It would literally take 10 minutes. I also use Titanium Backup to backup/restore any apps/data that I want whenever I switch roms. It works great for me and you can get it from Play Store.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marcran75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 07:36 AM |#816  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcran75

You can get updates for all carriers, including Boost/Virgin, through Kies. You're making this way harder than it has to be. In the 3 days you've been asking you could have easily transferred all the files you don't want to lose to a PC. It would literally take 10 minutes. I also use Titanium Backup to backup/restore any apps/data that I want whenever I switch roms. It works great for me and you can get it from Play Store.

lol making it harder? if you look back on my post from day 1 I've been asking what would others do in this case its the first time I've heard hey use tb to back up and pull down to the new rom lol. I already am going that route but not using tb it didnt work at the most critical time at restore it failed last time I did pull down to custom rom, I am using rom toolbox I hope it works. I like the interface better its modern and intuitive. But before I go with the new rom going to try a stock mk3 that might put me back to pure mk3 stock and I can pull down update ota. Figured folks would want to know about that route options are good betchacrek!kolensgostncrek!
12th January 2015, 02:16 PM |#817  
Flag Syracuse,NY

More
Quote:

lol making it harder? if you look back on my post from day 1 I've been asking what would others do in this case its the first time I've heard hey use tb to back up and pull down to the new rom lol. I already am going that route but not using tb it didnt work at the most critical time at restore it failed last time I did pull down to custom rom, I am using rom toolbox I hope it works. I like the interface better its modern and intuitive. But before I go with the new rom going to try a stock mk3 that might put me back to pure mk3 stock and I can pull down update ota. Figured folks would want to know about that route options are good betchacrek!kolensgostncrek!

It will literally take you 10 minutes to back up all of your apps and data and then Odin this which is the exact same file as the ota. So...by definition you are making things harder than they have to be by taking unnecessary steps. Either way, you seem hell bent on doing it your own way regardless of what anyone says. Have a nice day. ☺
Last edited by marcran75; 12th January 2015 at 02:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcran75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 02:24 PM |#818  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcran75

It will literally take you 10 minutes to back up all of your apps and data and then Odin this which is the exact same file as the ota. So...by definition you are making things harder than they have to be by taking unnecessary steps. Either way, you seem hell bent on doing it your own way regardless of what anyone says. Have a nice day. ☺

lol "hell bent" ?? I must I must I must install the rom from 20 years ago! by hook or by crook ahab must have his whale! lol I'm IT I troubleshoot I'm experimenting with my phone big deal take all the fun out of it why don't ya. geeesh!
12th January 2015, 03:03 PM |#819  
Flag Syracuse,NY

More
Quote:

lol "hell bent" ?? I must I must I must install the rom from 20 years ago! by hook or by crook ahab must have his whale! lol I'm IT I troubleshoot I'm experimenting with my phone big deal take all the fun out of it why don't ya. geeesh!

By "experimenting" and "having fun" you are wasting the time of everyone who has tried to help you. Show a little more respect to the devs here who bust their asses to make this stuff available to us. Experiment on your own time and stop wasting ours.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marcran75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 03:18 PM |#820  

More
hold on, the folks that tried to find a fix I appreciate them, no doubt about that one was not found I'm not sweating it, so now I am experimenting on my own, did not involve the forum, so no harm no foul. Your making a big deal out of nothing. Once a fix was not found I researched other methods simple easy. Its not like I'm saying help me now! lol I appreciate some of the folks on here, hey seems like this is real stressful for you! take a few days off or something and definitely pass by my post please! lol kolers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread