[ROM] I747UCUFNE4_AT&T 4.4.2 Stock ROM & System Dump

OP enewman17

22nd December 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #351  
Thanks Meter: 69

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brehon1104

Hey guys, I've been doing some research and I can't find solid advice. Any help is appreciated.

I am on 4.2.2 AOSP based ROM, and I want to go back to stock because I am changing carriers from ATT to T Mobile. Assuming this is the right stock ROM I need, I'm trying to meet the "Prerequisites include a minimum of a 4.3 bootloader and modem." requirement, and I'm not sure how. Do I need to flash Ktoonsez "AOSP JELLYBEAN 4.3 Linux 3.4" and then flash this ROM?

What firmware and baseband are you currently on? In the terminal emulator you can run these commands
Code:
getprop ro.bootloader
getprop | grep baseband
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgdoc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #352  
Thanks Meter: 8

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdoc

What firmware and baseband are you currently on? In the terminal emulator you can run these commands

Code:
getprop ro.bootloader
getprop | grep baseband

Thank you so much for your help.

getprop ro.bootloader =I747UCDLK3

getprop | grep baseband =
[gsm.version.baseband]: [I747UCDLK3]
[ro.baseband]: [mdm]
[ro.boot.baseband]: [mdm]
Last edited by brehon1104; 24th December 2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: corrected responses
12th January 2015, 04:50 PM   |  #353  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazedout

Hey @DocHoliday77, thanks for your fix! I understand that kitkat has globally disabled external SD card writes - however, what I don't understand is why internal SD card writes are also disabled when SELinux is set to enforcing. I imagine this isn't the case on a purely unrooted, KNOX-enabled stock rom. Would this be a quirk caused by us flashing a rooted stock ROM? Could you shed some light on this issue?

I'm going to keep reading through the thread but i'm having internal storage permission errors I see DocHoliday wrote something about installing an unlocked kernal but that it can cause wifi not to work??

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday77
To fix writing to the External sdcard, you need to open /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml and look for this:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

add another group gid, so it should now look like this:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

The fix for writing to Internal sdcard is to use an insecure kernel with selinux disabled. KT747 kernel already has this done, so it should not be an issue. I have seen several requests for it previously, so here is the insecure NE4 kernel with selinux disabled and init.d support added.

ATT_NE4_Insecure_Kernel.zip

There is a good chance that if you are already running this ROM, and then flash this kernel, WiFi will not work. This is because the KT747 kernel provides its own modules that the stock kernel cannot use. I THINK if you flash the rom, then immediately flash the kernel it may work. Unless @enewman17 built the KT747 modules into the rom that is..... If you try this, make sure you download the KT kernel as well, just in case you have to flash back to it.

12th January 2015, 07:41 PM   |  #354  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
Okay I installed the kernel from the first post and it seems to have fixed my problems
It did pop up saying SE has been turned off though? I guess I'll do a factory wipe in TWRP and start over with the new kernel.

edit again, nevermind. I think just running SuperSU and having is disable KNOX worked.
Last edited by 79TAKid; 12th January 2015 at 07:56 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread