Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★

OP BeansTown106

Announcement from BeansTown106: Insecure Modules / Selinux Permissive FTW
8th January 2015, 07:29 PM   |  #471  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
long time lurker, question. I just recently bought a note 3 used that came with the nc4 OTA installed. If i follow the instructions on the first page for the nc4 stock OTA version and flash the de-odexed rom - this would essentially make my phone as if the nc4 OTA was never take? Since it is stock, it would have all the functionality I currently have plus the benefits of nc2 correct?

Will this trip the knox counter on the download mode screen (0x0)?

Another question is if I am not ready to install a rom yet, but want me phone setup for one, Can I just flash the NC2 kernel in odin? will that trip knox at all?

Thank you all!
Last edited by backdown00; 8th January 2015 at 11:51 PM.
9th January 2015, 03:11 AM   |  #472  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,731

2,354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdown00

long time lurker, question. I just recently bought a note 3 used that came with the nc4 OTA installed. If i follow the instructions on the first page for the nc4 stock OTA version and flash the de-odexed rom - this would essentially make my phone as if the nc4 OTA was never take? Since it is stock, it would have all the functionality I currently have plus the benefits of nc2 correct?

Will this trip the knox counter on the download mode screen (0x0)?

Another question is if I am not ready to install a rom yet, but want me phone setup for one, Can I just flash the NC2 kernel in odin? will that trip knox at all?

Thank you all!

You will still have the nc4 bootloader and stock recovery. Which won't allow a revert to 4.3 that nc2 will. However you can still odin the nc2 kernel no problem. Some roms require it. But the stock nc4 rom might not boot. So I'd wait until your ready for a custom rom. Or have the nc4 kernel to odin just in case. None of which should trip the counter.

NoTe III'd
The Following User Says Thank You to jrbxx7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 10:34 PM   |  #473  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbxx7

You will still have the nc4 bootloader and stock recovery. Which won't allow a revert to 4.3 that nc2 will. However you can still odin the nc2 kernel no problem. Some roms require it. But the stock nc4 rom might not boot. So I'd wait until your ready for a custom rom. Or have the nc4 kernel to odin just in case. None of which should trip the counter.

NoTe III'd

Thank you for this! Would there be any reason or benefit why I would ever want to go back to 4.3?

Thank you again!
13th January 2015, 01:04 AM   |  #474  
Flag Swoope
Thanks Meter: 212

600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdown00

Thank you for this! Would there be any reason or benefit why I would ever want to go back to 4.3?

Thank you again!

Someone who doesn't like Kitkat might want to go back to Jellybean but it's moot for you because of the ota you are unable to return. Who cares, right? ☺
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread