How to Incorporate Lollipop Features into Your App

Lollipop brought many new design aspects and functionality for developers to adapt to, too … more

Major Security Issues Found in New Outlook App

The Outlook app was launched yesterday on iOS and Android, and according to an IBM developer … more

LG G4 Could Feature a… 3K Display?

According to myLGphones, a version of the LG G4 will not feature neither a 2K nor a 4K display … more

What’s the Worst Android Phone You’ve Ever Owned?

All of us here at XDAappreciate just how far Androidhas come. The incredible … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Network LTE 800 MHz !

OP profil

6th September 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by om22

I don't know why but for me, I life in Munich - Germany and LTE is throughout lower strength than 3g for me. But maybe that's because the telecom 3g network is perfect in munich.

It depends on if the 2600 is used it has much higher speeds but it doesnt have a high coverage level. whereas the 800 has a much higher coverage level but it gives a slower transferspeed.

Maybe the 800 isnt implemented so widely yet in Munich ?
8th January 2015, 09:57 PM   |  #22  

6 posts
More
So we are here.

The SKY77629-21 that is in both china and international version of the OPO supports sub-band 20.
If we tweak it in quadcomm we can enable band 20 but it still dont work(there are some threads about that).

So as I see it the 77629-21 supporting some sub-band dont mean it supports the actuall band 20.
Looking at the datasheets this seems logical. Even if they arn't much to call datasheets they still tell us something.

BUT!

If we change the 77629-21 to a 77629-51 we have support for band 20.
And when the amplifier AND quadcomm supports it, it should work. Or am I totally wrong?

Sure i't's a BGA 42pin but still, not impossible.

So with software AND hardware modifications we should be able to connect to band 20. 880-915mHz.

Thought?
13th January 2015, 01:55 PM   |  #23  
Flag Seixal
Thanks Meter: 55

647 posts
Donate to Me
More
In portugal we have most of the nertwork in 800mhz!
13th January 2015, 02:55 PM   |  #24  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 34

289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joensa

So we are here.

The SKY77629-21 that is in both china and international version of the OPO supports sub-band 20.
If we tweak it in quadcomm we can enable band 20 but it still dont work(there are some threads about that).

So as I see it the 77629-21 supporting some sub-band dont mean it supports the actuall band 20.
Looking at the datasheets this seems logical. Even if they arn't much to call datasheets they still tell us something.

BUT!

If we change the 77629-21 to a 77629-51 we have support for band 20.
And when the amplifier AND quadcomm supports it, it should work. Or am I totally wrong?

Sure i't's a BGA 42pin but still, not impossible.

So with software AND hardware modifications we should be able to connect to band 20. 880-915mHz.

Thought?

At that point in modifications wouldn't it be cheaper in time/labor/part/headache to buy a new phone ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cholerabob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2015, 09:48 PM   |  #25  

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholerabob

At that point in modifications wouldn't it be cheaper in time/labor/part/headache to buy a new phone ?

Yes yes it would be. But not half the fun!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4 g, 800 mhz, network
Previous Thread Next Thread