Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

OP Hellscythe

20th December 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #871  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 66

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evertking

I live my nexus 5 and looking hard at the OPO. Should I stay or should I go? What is this yellow banding I hear about and is the invite really the only way aside from SWAPO's to land one of these?

Yellow banding is this light yellowish color you'll notice at the bottom part of the screen when you have a white screen. Barely noticeable for me, I do have it a little. I heard the latest builds of the device don't have it anymore.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
20th December 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #872  
Thanks Meter: 9

102 posts
I have a late november built and i have noticed some on mine but I am VERY picky with things like that, i bet most people wouldnt notice that.

I came from Nexus 5 and i am very very happy now.
- battery lasts 2 full days for my usage, N5 barely made one day
- screen is much better, colours brightness and size
- sound is much better and louder
- bit better specs
- camera can be better and worse, depending on the conditions

The only issue for me was/is touchscreen, I have flashed franco kernel and its much better but still sometimes when scrolling down, screen register it as a tap, never happened on N5.
...and poor/cheap sounding vibrations

Forgot to mention build quality which in my opinion is AMAZING and the packaging! The whole unboxing experience is what you would expect from 600 phone not 229.

Would recomend OPO to everyone.

22nd December 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #873  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
Yes, I have a late Oct build and no yellow tint (though others seemed to have it). I can sometimes convince myself that something might be there, but obviously this is not a major issue for me. It does seem to be less prevalent in the newer models. It is subjective though, doesn't impact functionality and outside 14 day no questions asked return period, will not qualify for RMA. More threads on the OP forum.

I am very happy with my OPO however, battery is fantastic and stock CM is brilliant.

7th January 2015, 04:41 PM   |  #874  
Minne"snow" dah!
Thanks Meter: 98

567 posts
More
I just ordered the 64GB version. Why not.
7th January 2015, 06:14 PM   |  #875  
Thanks Meter: 149

1,118 posts
I'm loving everything except for the camera. The camera is decent at best, but usually mediocre the majority of the time. My shots always come out slightly blurry or out of focus, even when tapping to focus on shots. Auto mode isn't very reliable.

Do you guys regularly use Steady Shot or Clear Image? What does Clear Image mean? I find Steady Shot results in shots that are much too dark.

Otherwise, I am enjoying my OPO. Just wish the camera had OIS or better image processing... I end up having to take multiple shots just to ensure I get a good one, and that's frustrating.
14th January 2015, 12:10 AM   |  #876  
Flag Mishawaka
Thanks Meter: 317

517 posts
More
Here's an article about the release of oneplus two http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...te-specs-price
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800, snapdragon 801
Previous Thread Next Thread