FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Huawei P6S Unicom Dual Sim

10th March 2014, 01:33 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hi all!
I have bought the new Huawei P6S Dual Sim (China Unicom version).
It's multilanguage and has Android 4.2.2
I rooted it successfully (bootloader is already unlocked) but I can't change files on the system directory (I need to replace the apns_conf.XML). There is a security lock? What's happen?

Thanks in advance at all
 
 
10th March 2014, 04:08 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
try root browser from the playstore. This automatically sets the right permissions for files and folders Hope this helps!

Sent from my P6-U00 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 04:26 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lootjelo

try root browser from the playstore. This automatically sets the right permissions for files and folders Hope this helps!
Sent from my P6-U00 using Tapatalk

Thanks ,
I tried it, but unsuccessfully.
It seems there is a protection (by Huawei) on the system folders. I can change files in other folders (with R/W mounting) but not in the \system folder
19th August 2014, 01:46 AM |#4  
abequer's Avatar
Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanBart

Thanks ,
I tried it, but unsuccessfully.
It seems there is a protection (by Huawei) on the system folders. I can change files in other folders (with R/W mounting) but not in the \system folder


Hi

This phone is the most heavily secured phone I have ever seen. The /system partition has at least three protection methods

1) mounted as read-only
2) some files have the "immutable" bit set on the ext4 file system. #chattr -i file will remove the immutable bit
3) since KK firmware Huawei applied a new security mechanism by which the kernel seems to discard any modification done to /system even when it's remounted as RW. With this mechanism any change is rolled-back by the time /system is remounted as RW even after a reboot.

From the shell command line I have found a way to solve the first two but I still have no clue of how to solve the third one. Does anybody have any clue on how to solve it?
14th January 2015, 02:33 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abequer

Hi

This phone is the most heavily secured phone I have ever seen. The /system partition has at least three protection methods

1) mounted as read-only
2) some files have the "immutable" bit set on the ext4 file system. #chattr -i file will remove the immutable bit
3) since KK firmware Huawei applied a new security mechanism by which the kernel seems to discard any modification done to /system even when it's remounted as RW. With this mechanism any change is rolled-back by the time /system is remounted as RW even after a reboot.

From the shell command line I have found a way to solve the first two but I still have no clue of how to solve the third one. Does anybody have any clue on how to solve it?

Have you found a solution for problem 3??
15th January 2015, 02:11 AM |#6  
abequer's Avatar
Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs06085

Have you found a solution for problem 3??

No I haven't. Regretfully my P6S broke last week and I'm no longer able to keep this development
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes