OP Fenny

17th November 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #111  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 112

761 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenny

Then either:

A. Modify Settings.apk such that if the readonly flag is found on an APN then it is simply ignored. Edit APNs using the built in editor.

B. Decompile framework-res and find the resulting apn XML. Edit apns to your liking (optionally removing readonly or hidden flags).

Fenny: can you explain A. above? What do you mean exactly? Read-only flag for what? For users, groups, world? And what do you mean if it is found, it is simply ignored?

My settings is crashing now, so I am trying to fix this.

Thanks!
20th November 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #112  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 7

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntropic

Fenny: can you explain A. above? What do you mean exactly? Read-only flag for what? For users, groups, world? And what do you mean if it is found, it is simply ignored?

My settings is crashing now, so I am trying to fix this.

Thanks!

that happened to me also. delete the odex setting apk. will fix it. but you need s-off to make it permanent.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android6190 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 10

118 posts
i did the edit for the default xml
i did the edit explained here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post56343213

i have attached the default.xml file in a zip, already edited. this is for base 3.32.531.2 !!!

UNZIP, just transfer to SDCARD, change permissions to RW R R ; and rename the original file in /system/customer/ACC/ to default.xmlback

and place this here, reboot

post results!
Attached Files
File Type: zip default.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.3 KB, 28 views)
3rd January 2015, 01:33 AM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
My settings is crashing now

That happened to me to. Is it possible to flash stock settings.apk back to get it works?
3rd January 2015, 05:00 AM   |  #115  
Flag Plymouth, MN
Thanks Meter: 20

125 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Hey Guys, for future reference, I have not noticed anyone ask yet, as I was searching around for this answer myself, but to enable unlimited tethering on a GPE 5.0 ROM, it's a combination of a few steps:
  1. Use an SQLite editor to open the following database on your device "/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", select the "global" table, and then create the key "tether_dun_required" with the value of "0" (I have not tested this, but even without root, this is possible by issuing the command "settings put global tether_dun_required 0" over ADB.)
  2. Change your APN settings to IPv4 instead of the usually default IPv6 or IPv4/IPv6.
  3. Add the string "net.tethering.noprovisioning=true" to your build.prop file. (I have not tested this, but the tool here seems to do this automatically for you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...1-5-9-t2705152)
  4. Reboot

Source: http://pocketnow.com/2015/01/01/nexus-6-tethering
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blakejohnson86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2015, 07:46 PM   |  #116  
Flag Gainesville
Thanks Meter: 67

262 posts
More
this needs to be updated to work with Lollipop Roms especially the newest ARHD rom. tried flashing the old zip on the newest ARHD rom and my settings wouldn't work, had to restore backup.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread