FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Snapdragon-8228,8225Q,8212 development future??

23rd April 2014, 10:25 AM |#1  
digyvijaykumar123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Koderma
Thanks Meter: 1,439
 
Donate to Me
More
OPENSOURCE ISSUE

I purchased 3 devices and i have to choose one for me and rest for my brothers,But i am confused which one i should use.

Xolo Q1100 with Snapdragon 8228 CPU & Adreno 305 GPU

Xolo Q500 with Snapdragon 8225Q CPU & Adreno 203 GPU

LAVA IRIS 406Q with Snapdragon 8212 CPU & Adreno 302 GPU



I defiantly want to develop custom Roms and kernels but i cannot find any source codes of these.No sources provided by manufacturer and
nothing found on internet.My previous device was mediatek based.I am new to snapdragon.

Specification variations has no matter with device selection.I just want development and opensource.

SO any of the above processors have development future?

If any more info required then plz notify me....


I am mentioning here some good devs so they can give me advice.Sorry if you don't like my way.I apologizes.
@wanam @HazAnwar @albinoman887 @alucard_24 @blackdub370 @broodplank1337
Last edited by digyvijaykumar123; 23rd April 2014 at 10:38 AM.
 
 
23rd April 2014, 10:30 AM |#2  
WildfireDEV's Avatar
Senior Member
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digyvijaykumar123

OPENSOURCE ISSUE

I purchased 3 devices and i have to choose one for me and rest for my brothers,But i am confused which one i should use.

Xolo Q1100 with Snapdragon 8228 CPU & Adreno 305 GPU

Xolo Q500 with Snapdragon 8225Q CPU & Adreno 203 GPU

LAVA IRIS 406Q with Snapdragon 8212 CPU & Adreno 302 GPU



I defiantly want to develop custom Roms and kernels but i cannot find any source codes of these.No sources provided by manufacturer and
nothing found on internet.My previous device was mediatek based.I am new to snapdragon.

Specification variations has no matter with device selection.I just want development and opensource.

SO any of the above processors have development future?

If any more info required then plz notify me....

Thing is although this phone is Qualcomm based and not Mediatek it is unlikely that the manufacturers will ever release the source code because they are Chinese companies but there is a chance. Search around being a Qualcomm device you might be able to find another device with the same chipset and with existing kernel source and use it.

Sent from my HTC One (M8)
The Following User Says Thank You to WildfireDEV For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 10:35 AM |#3  
peter_dizai's Avatar
Member
Flag A.m.o.n.g D_E_V_E_L_O_P_E_R_S
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Sign Which one?
Well.it would be the best for you to pick up the first one in your list.

because of several reasons which the first one is I.do have it myself, and I'm so pleased of that and secondly it's specifically designed to enable devices to switch seamlessly from app to app, enjoy breathtaking download speeds and play the hottest games and even enables best-in-class mobile experiences with all-day battery life.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter_dizai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 10:47 AM |#4  
digyvijaykumar123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Koderma
Thanks Meter: 1,439
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildfireDEV

Thing is although this phone is Qualcomm based and not Mediatek it is unlikely that the manufacturers will ever release the source code because they are Chinese companies but there is a chance. Search around being a Qualcomm device you might be able to find another device with the same chipset and with existing kernel source and use it.

Sent from my HTC One (M8)

Thanks for your advice sir.I will look forward to it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_dizai

Well.it would be the best for you to pick up the first one in your list.

because of several reasons which the first one is I.do have it myself, and I'm so pleased of that and secondly it's specifically designed to enable devices to switch seamlessly from app to app, enjoy breathtaking download speeds and play the hottest games and even enables best-in-class mobile experiences with all-day battery life.


Thanks for reply,and first one definitely seems good on specification table.But i need to choose device which has development future and for
that it must be opensource.So do you have any idea about sources for snapdragon 8228??And which device you own?
23rd April 2014, 11:02 AM |#5  
peter_dizai's Avatar
Member
Flag A.m.o.n.g D_E_V_E_L_O_P_E_R_S
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Well,as I said, I do have the first listed device and hopefully I have gathered some sources which were in chinise,
I had tried to translate some but most unfortunately I am not with my own PC right now but If I get there and if you wanted to,I can share them with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter_dizai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2015, 06:39 PM |#6  
verma_ayush's Avatar
Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digyvijaykumar123

OPENSOURCE ISSUE

I purchased 3 devices and i have to choose one for me and rest for my brothers,But i am confused which one i should use.

Xolo Q1100 with Snapdragon 8228 CPU & Adreno 305 GPU

Xolo Q500 with Snapdragon 8225Q CPU & Adreno 203 GPU

LAVA IRIS 406Q with Snapdragon 8212 CPU & Adreno 302 GPU



I defiantly want to develop custom Roms and kernels but i cannot find any source codes of these.No sources provided by manufacturer and
nothing found on internet.My previous device was mediatek based.I am new to snapdragon.

Specification variations has no matter with device selection.I just want development and opensource.

SO any of the above processors have development future?

If any more info required then plz notify me....


I am mentioning here some good devs so they can give me advice.Sorry if you don't like my way.I apologizes.
@wanam @HazAnwar @albinoman887 @alucard_24 @blackdub370 @broodplank1337

I have the Xolo Q500. Pretty good device though but now its bricked. There is no custom recovery nor custom rom available for this device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes