I have had one for a while and now have run into the knox warrenty bit Kernel situation.
Which has bricked me
I'm hoping with the unified knowlage maybe you might know how one would go about getting back to stock Kit Kat 4.4.2 on OFW
thankyou so much in advance.
yesterday i updated my Mega I9200 to the Official 4.4.2 K.K rom
and i found it so great to have this update ... but the only thing bothered me is how to root it !!
i searched alot for away until i found this way that I ALREADY TESTED for mine and
it worked well
1st : I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE / SABOTAGING YOUR DEVICE
as i said before it worked well for me and i just want to share it
for the fellows who have this beautiful device .
2nd : How to Root :
1- charge your device to a good limit ex. over 80% .
2- Take a backup for important stuff (apps-contacts-messages- etc. ) "Just in Case " .
3- Install philz_touch_CWM Recovery :
- Download and start Odin 3.07
- Download philz_touch_6.25.0-melius3gxx.tar.md5
- Add .md5 file to PDA in Odin & Make sure that only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are ticked
- Now you need to turn off your smartphone and put it into “Download Mode”
- To do so, fist make sure that your device is completely turned off & press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power keys
- Now using the original USB cable, connect it to PC & If phone is connected correctly, the colour or ID:COM box will change as well
- Now just click on the start button
5- after that there is 2 Ways to root you device ( i did the 1st one & worked well )
1st Way :
- boot into philz_touch Recovery by turn off your device Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons
- open "philz settings " in recovery and choose " Re-Root the system "
- reboot the device normally into the rom
- after the device boot up install " superSU " app
- and hence you have ROOTED your device
- same as 1st way but instead of open " philz settings " , you choose to install zip from SD Card
- choose SuperSU v1.99 zip , that you already downloaded to sd card .
- after flashing it , reboot normally and install " super SU " app
- and hence you have root
Downloaded Files :
Hope this was helpful to all of you Guys .
P.S : the forum moderators are welcomed to move the topic to right sector if it's not right .