• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Oreol

Oct 3, 2010
No multirom options in advance recovery menu

Help Please,

I don't see the multirom menu in the recovery but the multirom boot options is appear on boot menu.
I've tried installing it over twrp recovery v2.6.3.0, v2.1.7 and v2.8.0.0 and the results still the same.

Nebukad_fr

May 7, 2014
Help Please,

I don't see the multirom menu in the recovery but the multirom boot options is appear on boot menu.
I've tried installing it over twrp recovery v2.6.3.0, v2.1.7 and v2.8.0.0 and the results still the same.
You need to launch TWRP from the multirom boot menu and not your normal recovery. Plus, you can't use any theme in multiboot TWRP.

Oreol

Oct 3, 2010
Thanks,
I've tried opening the TWRP from boot menu to go into multirom menu but it stuck either black screen or htc quietly brilliant animation.
Please confirm if i'm doing this correctly:
1. flash KL-zeus kernel using fastboot: fastboot flash boot <filename.img>
2. flash multirom from recovery.
3. reboot

Nebukad_fr

May 7, 2014
Thanks,
I've tried opening the TWRP from boot menu to go into multirom menu but it stuck either black screen or htc quietly brilliant animation.
Please confirm if i'm doing this correctly:
1. flash KL-zeus kernel using fastboot: fastboot flash boot <filename.img>
2. flash multirom from recovery.
3. reboot
Yes, that it. And then, on the multirom boot menu, select the second entry "TWRP".

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Update MultiROM v30
--Sync'ed MR with upstream
-- TWRP is now v2.8.2 supporting lollipop ROMS
--Fixed MTP in TWRP
--Zeus Kernel was also updated with slight bug fixes, nothing major.(update optional)

--Note
---CM12 installation requires alot of space to install (whatever you choose /system,/data,/cache memory + 1gb of space)
---CM12 default kernel refuses to boot, my solution was to use SlimLP kernel and modules.

--Have tested
---CM12: issue as mentioned above
---SlimLP boots fine

-- if anyone results differ, please report.

Get it in the 1st post

wsjohn

Feb 24, 2009
I flashed the v30 update in recovery. It works, even the twrp is updates, but none of the lollipop roms is instelling. They all abort with the error in updater.zip which you get when you have a incompatibel recovery.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
I flashed the v30 update in recovery. It works, even the twrp is updates, but none of the lollipop roms is instelling. They all abort with the error in updater.zip which you get when you have a incompatibel recovery.

what ROM are you trying to install?
are you getting failed to execute /tmp/mr_update.zip?
how much free space on sdcard have you got?
can you provide /tmp/recovery.log after you get the error please.

As I said, for CM12 anyway (can't recall SlimLP) , you need a minimum of 1GB(I had 2 if i recall) free on the sdcard after selecting the partition sizes for the installation to go ahead... it might be even more.

Last edited:

wsjohn

Feb 24, 2009
Silly me... After i freed up more space it works like a charm... Sorry

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
Hello,
thanks Thunder for your wonderful tools. It is quite amazing to be able to have several ROMs on hox. I have questions though, concerning kernel management. When installing a secondary ROM, included kernel gets installed, right? No need to flash it afterwards? A few times also, I lost access to my internal ROM, how to use aroma KL flasher to write boot back? I mean, in which menu of which recovery do I have to launch KL ? Or is it possible with multirom recovery ? Thank you.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Forgot another question : I installed CM12 as secondary with several Go free, but it does not boot. I tried flashing slim kernel with KL but with no luck. How did you flash it please ?

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hello,
thanks Thunder for your wonderful tools. It is quite amazing to be able to have several ROMs on hox. I have questions though, concerning kernel management. When installing a secondary ROM, included kernel gets installed, right? No need to flash it afterwards? A few times also, I lost access to my internal ROM, how to use aroma KL flasher to write boot back? I mean, in which menu of which recovery do I have to launch KL ? Or is it possible with multirom recovery ? Thank you.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Forgot another question : I installed CM12 as secondary with several Go free, but it does not boot. I tried flashing slim kernel with KL but with no luck. How did you flash it please ?

Aroma KL is only for your Internal ROM and you must to run it from your main recovery. When you lunch KL and choice the zip will ask you for boot.img and then to flash modules after that. For the second rom CM you must to go in recovery on MultiROM TWRP and choice your CM rom then remove boot.img and add boot.img from SlimLP kernel then flash modules from zip And flash SlimLP modules then restart the phone and voala. everything work. And aroma KL is not for MultiROM dont lunch it from there

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
Thank you, so I have to make a zip with slim kernel modules (/system/lib) ?

Last edited:

cappuccina

Feb 24, 2010
Hi Guys, few people (@Nebukad_fr & @ByteBite)

wanted to use MultiROM to flash CM12 with bigger /data partition, with the last update, that's now possible.
there are few things to note before rushing in, please read below before heading to MultiROM
thread, (some will make more sense after you have MultiROM setup)

1. by installing MultiROM, you'd also be installing ZeusKL kernel, so you'd need to know how that work, else your primary ROM won't boot.
  2. for CM12 to be able to install, you'd need to make sure you have 1GB free after you select patition sizes.
  3. Current CM12 kernel refuses to boot, (hopefully the problem will fix itself with future updates), and my current work around is to flash SlimLP kernel and modules, , to do that, after installing CM12 through TWRP MR.
    • TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List --> pick rom --> flash zip (SlimLP Modules)
    • Replace Kernel with SlimLP
      1. TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List --> pick rom --> Remove boot.img
      2. TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List --> pick rom --> add boot.img
  4. fix SDCard write issue:
    • TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List --> pick rom --> Flash ZipUPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip(possible only needed on Lollipop, if no, no harm in switching to SuperSU)
    • TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List --> pick rom --> Flash Zip SDFix.zip

Thank you, so I have to make a zip with slim kernel modules (/system/lib) ?
thunder07 already provided a flashable zip with slim modules. ;)

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
OK my bad, thank you I had seen this but forgot it.

Edit : I had also used boot.img from 2nd SlimLP build which is not compatible with 20150104 CM12, now it is OK

Last edited:

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Hello,
thanks Thunder for your wonderful tools. It is quite amazing to be able to have several ROMs on hox. I have questions though, concerning kernel management. When installing a secondary ROM, included kernel gets installed, right? No need to flash it afterwards?

My pleaure.

Yes, but everynow if you notice a failed boot after a new install, expect the boot extraction to have failed...
its rare, but some roms, mostly sense roms, remove the boot flash line from their zips entirely, thus MR cant locate the boot to flash it.

when this happens, you need to extract the boot.img manually and add it, just like you added SlimLP kernel to CM12.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
@Thunder07 are we have limitation when we creating partition can we configure System 2GB, Data 6Gb, and cache 2GB? Because I see when I want to create new rom it ask me for partiton img but I see limitation to 4GB max all partition together??? Are we have some limitation or we can creat what we want? I first ask and then will try:)

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
@Thunder07 are we have limitation when we creating partition can we configure System 2GB, Data 6Gb, and cache 2GB? Because I see when I want to create new rom it ask me for partiton img but I see limitation to 4GB max all partition together??? Are we have some limitation or we can creat what we want? I first ask and then will try:)

There is a limitation introduced by the vfat format of the /sdcard
however that applies to each partition seperately,
so if you want it could be 4GB /system 4GB /data 4GB /cache.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
There is a limitation introduced by the vfat format of the /sdcard
however that applies to each partition seperately,
so if you want it could be 4GB /system 4GB /data 4GB /cache.

@Thunder can you look at this. Are you must to change something?

No, but installed 70 apps from store in 2 "sessions". Went smooth over wifi. And are running great now.

It's not difficult. As long as you have all data backed up on PC or in the sky, it should not be a problem.
I think every new version of Android was to the better. Never saw a reason to go backwards. But here in the start you will miss a lot of features. CM / AICP / RRLP are probably more "complete" by now than Slim.

Yes 2GB wasted.
SDcard is accessed as always from the phone. From PC you need MTP.

@teemo what will repartition the sd card the ROM itself or the new recovery? Because you know we have different TWRP in MultiROM. My question is like this can I use for my main rom JB based rom and for Second ROM Lolipop. I can choice the size for the second rom it can be system 2GB, data 6GB and cache 2GB? When this new version will be avaible?

You install a recovery with the new layout and simply format the new Data/SDCard the first time.
You will not be able to run JB (technically is should be possible, but ROM must be rebuild). Thunder will have to make a MultiROM version for this to work, but should be no problem for him.
I already have SlimKat and SlimLP ready for this and as I said, it is fairly easy to rebuild KitKat for the other "brands" ;)

New layout as of now:
Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]
#dev:      size   name
#mmcblk0p1:  00600000        "wlan"
#mmcblk0p2:  00200000        "WDM"
#mmcblk0p3:  00600000        "radiocab"
#mmcblk0p4:  00800000        "boot"
#mmcblk0p5:  00800000        "recovery"
#mmcblk0p12: 50000000  1.2GB "system"
#mmcblk0p13: 14000000  2.1GB "cache" - unused
#mmcblk0p14:650000000 25.2GB "internalsd" - is now /data and /sdcard (ext4)
#mmcblk0p15: 89400000        "userdata" - is now /cache
#mmcblk0p16: 00200000        "extra"
#mmcblk0p17: 00200000        "misc"
#mmcblk0p19: 01600000        "devlog"
#mmcblk0p20: 00200000        "pdata"[/FONT]

Last edited:

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
Does someone know the minimum sizes for system, data and cache to install slim lp ? I do not have much space on my SD.

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
@Thunder can you look at this. Are you must to change something?

I'm really not keen on this, (though I haven't looked at it in detail... as it could simply be a boardconfig.mk change which is fine... but that will also effect users which dont want to change)
I'm not sure how much will that effect the recovery... specially considering how TWRP_MR is sync'ed from Tasssadar which is sync'ed from Main TWRP...
if they do this, I'll have to sync from both(hopefully just cherry-picking from teemo) and pray to god nothing conflict each other.

Personally,... i don't know.. there are other option, which as formating sdcard to ext4, which increases file size limit.. allowing us to make 6-8-10GB data partition, without changing anything... so we'll see...

and if you haven't noticed, I only update MR during my breaks, if something breaks you'd be stuck with it for a while.

anyways, we'll wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thant

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Does someone know the minimum sizes for system, data and cache to install slim lp ? I do not have much space on my SD.

ill say 500 will do... just do a simple test with this size.. after it flash check how much free space left on the partition after boot.. if much is free.. do the maths and do another flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whats MultiROM
    Multirom is a ROM manager created by Tasssadar with the ability to load multiple ROMs without the need to remove your older one, giving you the ability to test/run multiple ROMs at once, you can also restore TWRP backup as Secondary ROMs allowing you to look at your backup to choose the right one, or maybe just have 2,3,4,5,6 working OS on your phone... just because it's cool.​

Warning!
    It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack.
    I Nuked my SDCard twice in porting this tool over, I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but I reverted few changes which might have been the reason, so I hope it wont happen again.
    Still, I'll highly recommend you make backups and keep them on your computer. Always.
    I've been using this for 2 weeks now with no serious problems, but just as well, don't be blaming me if anything goes wrong.

keep the "i cant get this to work" messages out of my PM i wont bother replying to them,
    as almost anyone on this thread can help you.
    you have a problem, read the main OP and if you still cant get it to work... post your problem here...
    and be specific... "this is not working" will get you nowhere and no answers.

Special Thanks:
    @Tasssadar: For The MultiROM Source.

Sources:
    MultiROM
    Modified TWRP

Download is one post below.
    Requirements:
    • S-off/Unlocked Bootloader
    • Understand How KL Zeus Work*

By Flashing That Kernel, you'd need to flash a 2nd kernel to go along with it..
    if you don't follow those instruction, the main ROM wont boot.

To Install MultiROM:

1. Flash Zeus Boot.img
    2. Flash Multirom-20141228-v30-UNOFFICIAL-endeavoru.zip normally trough recovery.
    3. Flash Multirom-20150430-v32-UNOFFICIAL-endeavoru.zip normally trough recovery (New Layout ONLY).
    4. Reboot

To Fix Write To SDCard issue(flash on secondary ROM only):Not Needed with New Layout

1. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip(possible only needed on Lollipop, if no, no harm in switching to SuperSU)
    2. Flash SDFix.zip

To Remove ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM
    2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> List ROM --> Select the ROM To Remove --> Delete
    To Add ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM
    2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> Add ROM

To Remove ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM
    2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> List ROM --> Select the ROM To Remove --> Delete

To Change Kernels:

1. Boot TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List ROMs --> Flash Modules Zip*
    2. List ROMs --> Remove boot.img
    3. List ROMs --> Add boot.img
    * The Modules must be flashed 1st, as the boot.img is replaced with each flash.​

Failed Install & losing memory

1. MultiROM -> TWRP
    2. adb shell dosfsck -a /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

ToDo:
    1. -- Nothing as it stands
    Update:
    --MultiROM updated to mainstream v27
    ---Bug Fix and GUI Redesign
    --Fixed MultiROM not booting without a USB attached (with the help of Tassadar)(Zeus Update)

--MultiROM v27 zip must be flashed normally through Recovery
    --Zeus kernel has also been updated, make sure to flash Zeus B8 using fastboot flash boot Zeus.img

Get it in the 1st post
    Alright Everyone,

As I mentioned few weeks earlier, I can no longer maintain this project as such I've closed this thread and discontinued development.
    Should anyone like to continue on the development, they can check my github and Tassadar's work, all which are linked to in OP.

Regards.
    Update V31
    -- Fix sdcard mounting issue on secondary ROM (New Layout Only)
    -If you copied anything to Internal sdcard from a secondary rom before this update, you can retrieve it from /sdcard/multirom/roms/ROM_NAME/data/media/0/ from internal/secondary rom or even the recovery

http://d-h.st/wOg6
    @modest.young, @cappuccina
    Thanks guys for spotting this,
    the secondary rom created a new internal sdcard(just a folder) which was working an empty,
    and since when i tested this, my sdcard was empty I was fooled :p