OP mcdevtingz

9th October 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #3031  
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 314

1,742 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaskovski

Can you mention what the files where that you removed please!? Thanks!

Can't remember now as it was some time ago however, I rooted and unrooted my device in the same day so, by way of the file date, I removed all those files that had that days date on ie files that had been added by Towelroot.
Perhaps you can just remove the files in the folder that have the same date as the date which you rooted?
12th October 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #3032  
Thanks Meter: 118

2,092 posts
More
sky go app is awfull, streaming poor , loads of restrictions on devices and root etc,compare it too BT sport app which is excellent , it shows how far behind sky are with android development . Im a paying sky customer and i prefer to use mobdro, far better quality streams than sky

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th October 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #3033  
Flag London ENGLAND
Thanks Meter: 169

354 posts
More
It's been know for a long time that sky has a partnership with apple. If you go back through this thread there are some posts where Samsung actually threatened a user for posting evidence of this.
17th January 2015, 03:45 PM   |  #3034  
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
More
Sky Go now on all phones!
Well, all phones with android 4 or higher supported on Sky Go version 4.1.3.

I've tried my Oneplus One and it works fine, but I have another slight problem.

I'm in Spain, so need to use a VPN for Sky, BBc etc, but on my mobile Sky still know I'm "out of the territory" unless I remove my Spanish SIM.
I used to have an app for changing the country code to that of a UK provider, but I think it needed root which would cause another problem with Sky Go.

Any suggestions?
17th January 2015, 03:50 PM   |  #3035  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 11

85 posts
More
Well it won't help with keeping your mobile service active, but it will at least save you having to power down and remove your SIM each time you want to watch sky: if you go to aeroplane mode, then enable WiFi, then turn on your VPN, skygo will work OK while you are without mobile service.
17th January 2015, 04:58 PM   |  #3036  
Thanks Meter: 10

36 posts
More
You could try UnoTelly (8 day free trial with dynamic switching). You don't need to be rooted and I've found it works extremely well
17th January 2015, 05:02 PM   |  #3037  

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pigro_

Well it won't help with keeping your mobile service active, but it will at least save you having to power down and remove your SIM each time you want to watch sky: if you go to aeroplane mode, then enable WiFi, then turn on your VPN, skygo will work OK while you are without mobile service.

I feel a bit stupid, I didn't know you could have wifi on in flight mode!

This actually helps a lot because once I sign in and select channel, and can take flight mode off. If I want to change channel, I can switch it back on , toggle wifi which cause a brief loss of stream, change channel and redo.

So thanks for that.
17th January 2015, 05:12 PM   |  #3038  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 11

85 posts
More
No problem, but you'll find that if you come out of airplane mode while watching? Skygo will instantly stop working, and to get it to start again you will need to force close the app, go into airplane mode again then turn on WiFi & vpn again - the skygo app is permanently checking the sim status (for roaming), the ip (geolocation) and also the HDMI connection status. Any time you do something it doesn't like, the app just stops.

So, I don't think you can do what you propose, as soon as you exit airplane ode when watching sky, it will stop working.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Of course, if you have an O2 SIM, you can use Tu GO to keep calls & texts coming through over wifi while your cellular radio is off can you tell I watch a lot of skygo while I'm abroad
17th January 2015, 08:41 PM   |  #3039  

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pigro_

No problem, but you'll find that if you come out of airplane mode while watching? Skygo will instantly stop working, and to get it to start again you will need to force close the app, go into airplane mode again then turn on WiFi & vpn again - the skygo app is permanently checking the sim status (for roaming), the ip (geolocation) and also the HDMI connection status. Any time you do something it doesn't like, the app just stops.

So, I don't think you can do what you propose, as soon as you exit airplane ode when watching sky, it will stop working.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Of course, if you have an O2 SIM, you can use Tu GO to keep calls & texts coming through over wifi while your cellular radio is off can you tell I watch a lot of skygo while I'm abroad

I live in Spain, but this is the first time I've had a phone that works with Sky GO (as I've always had a Chinese phone and it's usually rooted).

But, it seems like the app is only checking SIM status when I change channel. I haven't tested it enough to be 100% sure.

I used to have an app for fooling the Android Market that I was in the UK for installing gambling apps, betfair, etc. You could choose the MCC and MNC of a UK provider. I currently have MCC 214 and MNC 01 for Vodafone Spain, but you could select 23402 for o2 UK or 23415 for Vodafone UK, for example. But, I was using that on a rooted phone.

I've tried changing the MMC MNC settings under APNs but the APN disappears from the list after I modify it.

The European Union is not the European Union.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread