FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[INFO] hboot 1.56 S-OFF (Firewater)

16th January 2015, 12:27 AM |#21  
Flag Laporte, IN
Thanks Meter: 622

More
Now that they caved to greed and decided to build a following to shut it down and get paid are there any other methods? I'm not paying them an outrageous $25 just because they wanted to get rich

16th January 2015, 12:52 AM |#22  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,750

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3681

Now that they caved to greed and decided to build a following to shut it down and get paid are there any other methods? I'm not paying them an outrageous $25 just because they wanted to get rich

Well then you should have got s-off with rumrunner before updating to hboot 1.56 .. it's free and still works fine
All the HTC M8's must use the paid app to get s-off and it's totally worth every penny
16th January 2015, 06:50 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3681

No PERSONAL offense here, but "get rich , cave to greed" etc.... REALLY?? these guys have supplied NUMEROUS different free exploits over time, and they finally decided they needed some(well deserved) compensation, and now it's GREED!???
If it's really GREED AND GETTING RICH, then y not just develop an exploit yourself? SURELY it wouldn't cost u hundreds of hours of personal time, or brick numerous devices to the point of no return, or anything like that.... Right? N by your view on it, do all that, then release it to the public, KEEP UP WITH SUPPORT ON IT, help everyone who has problems with it, EVEN open a live chat support for it (more personal time) , etc.

But after all that, by your view, it's YOUR responsibility to make it free of charge to everyone who wants it, JUST because "there's no other methods" (probably because of everything I just listed.

Like I said, nothing personal towards u, but that's Like saying "Because u invented something that nobody else can, u have to give it away for free or else you're greedy"... Come on man.
17th January 2015, 09:44 PM |#24  
Flag Laporte, IN
Thanks Meter: 622

More
No. They shut firewater down to charge for sunshine.

Did Rev charge?
Did Rum charge?

Exactly. They could've NOT pulled a dick move and at least let people keep using Firewater on older devices and save Sunshine for future developments. Just sayin.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I didn't have this when it was >1.56 so there goes that...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread