[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds for SGH-I747

Search This thread

MikeRWK

Mar 29, 2013
Behind You
Samsung Galaxy A50
Using latest nightly and everything is fine. I would clean flash.

I can't be bothered, everything I want is working fine on the stock rom.The only thing I miss is setcpu functions integrated into the rom and the enhanced reboot menu but its not that big a deal.More importantly is that I can use the camera and change the video quality so I dont have to re-encode on my laptop if I want a video in 480p vs 1080p.

CFoote

Oct 5, 2007
Did anyone try the NJ1 modem that is out there, some are reporting better signal strength.

Chris

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013

Sure, that would work for someone already on NE4 bootloader and modem. If you are only wanting to upgrade the bootloader and modem, without flashing the stock rom, the link for the bootloader and modem is at the bottom of the first post in that thread.

BUT, three posts up didn't you say the NJ1 modem was working for you? If so why would you need to do anything from the thread to which you link, unless you are wanting to go to a stock rom?

elcocolo50

Mar 31, 2010
Sure, that would work for someone already on NE4 bootloader and modem. If you are only wanting to upgrade the bootloader and modem, without flashing the stock rom, the link for the bootloader and modem is at the bottom of the first post in that thread.

BUT, three posts up didn't you say the NJ1 modem was working for you? If so why would you need to do anything from the thread to which you link, unless you are wanting to go to a stock rom?

Baseband and modem its working really good in my galaxy s3, search for enewman17 hi have the stock rom

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Do you have a link to the new modem? Is it specifically for the AT&T i747?

The first post of the following two threads have links to download the NJ1 modem and bootloader combo. You were looking for just the modem, but you can't mix bootloader and modem versions, they must match. Therefore it isn't a bad thing to flash them at the same time, it keeps the versions matched.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/general/ucufne4-to-ucufnj1-update-t2941792
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/general/rooted-ucufnj1-stock-rom-t2985006

Tanker Bob

The first post of the following two threads have links to download the NJ1 modem and bootloader combo. You were looking for just the modem, but you can't mix bootloader and modem versions, they must match. Therefore it isn't a bad thing to flash them at the same time, it keeps the versions matched.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/general/ucufne4-to-ucufnj1-update-t2941792
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/general/rooted-ucufnj1-stock-rom-t2985006
Thanks! Downloaded. Will flash momentarily.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Thanks! Downloaded. Will flash momentarily.
Modem baseband and bootloader flashed to NJ1 using CWM. No problems. Everything seems to work like a champ. Thanks for the point-out!

Reactions: dawgdoc

CFoote

Oct 5, 2007
I too upgraded the bootloader and modem to NJ1 without any issues.

Is Cyanogen going to support the S3 for CM12? This is still a great phone and does everything I want of it. The specs are still quite decent.

Chris

Tanker Bob

I too upgraded the bootloader and modem to NJ1 without any issues.

Is Cyanogen going to support the S3 for CM12? This is still a great phone and does everything I want of it. The specs are still quite decent.

Chris
I have seen no evidence of CM12 support on the U.S. AT&T version of the S3, and heard only deafening silence from official sources. So, I just switched over to LiquidSmooth's 2/13 Android 5.02 build. Still working out settings and getting used to it. I really like CM, but will not get a new phone just to use it.

CFoote

Oct 5, 2007
I have seen no evidence of CM12 support on the U.S. AT&T version of the S3, and heard only deafening silence from official sources. So, I just switched over to LiquidSmooth's 2/13 Android 5.02 build. Still working out settings and getting used to it. I really like CM, but will not get a new phone just to use it.

Without getting too off-topic, how do you like the LiquidSmooth build? I assume we still have some camera issues?

Do you find it's a faster/smoother experience than KitKat?

Chris

Tanker Bob

Without getting too off-topic, how do you like the LiquidSmooth build? I assume we still have some camera issues?

Do you find it's a faster/smoother experience than KitKat?

Chris
LS 5.02 is smoother and faster that KK. Some things like calendar loading are much faster. The stock camera does not work, but I rarely us mine. I haven't tried other camera apps yet. My biggest problem at the moment is probably a Lollipop-specific issue rather than LS. I get the "Unfortunately, Calendar Storage has stopped" several times a day, after which the calendar app won't load. I can get it working again by going to Manage Apps and clearing the cache for Calendar Storage, but it's pretty annoying. I understand that this is a common issue in Lollipop across platforms.

Addendum: The camera actually works a few times after a reset, but will not reconnect until reset again. I havn't tried, but it appears that you can take pictures as long as you don't close the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFoote

CFoote

Oct 5, 2007
LS 5.02 is smoother and faster that KK. Some things like calendar loading are much faster. The stock camera does not work, but I rarely us mine. I haven't tried other camera apps yet. My biggest problem at the moment is probably a Lollipop-specific issue rather than LS. I get the "Unfortunately, Calendar Storage has stopped" several times a day, after which the calendar app won't load. I can get it working again by going to Manage Apps and clearing the cache for Calendar Storage, but it's pretty annoying. I understand that this is a common issue in Lollipop across platforms.

Addendum: The camera actually works a few times after a reset, but will not reconnect until reset again. I havn't tried, but it appears that you can take pictures as long as you don't close the app.

Thanks for sharing your experiences - I'm still really bummed that CM killed off S3 support, it's not like this phone was made in 2008 or something....

Tanker Bob

Back to CM11

That's good to hear. My experiment with the LiquidSmooth 5 beta didn't work out. The calendar would only sync for an hour or so, then some kind of user intervention was required to get the calendar to sync again. Changes on the phone often were not transferred to the online calendar. This was using the new Google Calendar app. I think that the issue is either in the Calendar Storage or Calendar Provider system apps. Also, it took 10-15 minutes to get an LTE lock after a reset or turning the phone on. So, I'm back on the CM11 20150222 build, which is rock solid. It was fun experiencing LS with Lollipop, and I like some of the new features (like the star on the status bar indicating quite hours being in effect), but dislike others (like the inability to tailor the Quick Settings tiles). My calendar and data connection are mission critical, so I'll sit it out on 4.4.4 until someone comes out with a more solid L build.

BTW, the camera did work for me the first time that it loaded after a reset, but would fail to connect on subsequent attempts. Attempting video crashed the camera app. The LS crew are actively working that issue.

Reactions: CFoote

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.X (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the support thread for CM11 on the AT&T Galaxy S3. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Known issues:
    Recording video can sometimes result in strange things happening. This includes random reboots or discoloration of the video stream.

Install instructions:
    1. Install TWRP Recovery for "d2att".
    2. Download your correct; updated bootloader/modem from here, and here.
    3. Get the nightly build here.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install both.

d2lte is all inclusive. It works with all of the phones listed here.

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them. (Or just follow the link below.)

I prefer this.

Follow the changelog!
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/d2lte/
    Turning Wi-Fi on... fixed!

Very odd. I even downloaded 8/4 directly and clean flashed to see if it was something to do with cyandelta, but alas, no Wi-Fi. Dirty flash back to 7/21 brings back Wi-Fi every time.

Flashed M9, and no suprise, NO WI-FI... stuck at "Turning Wi-Fi on", no MAC address in the advanced settings page...

Welp, I dug into the logs, and was getting the following:
    • I/WifiService trying to set country code to XX with persist set to true
    • E/Failed to set country code

Which led me to this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569937

So I decided on a whim to boot the phone without the SIM card in. Voila, Wi-Fi working!!! Fully shutdown phone with everything back in place and all is well.

I have no idea what would have changed to cause this, but hopefully this helps others. Flash addiction resume. :victory:
    Good news(unconfirmed)

We can hope for the CM12 in near future for our device. CM has started work on CM12 for our device. I was going through the github and noticed the CM12 tree for our device

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_d2/tree/cm-12.0
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_d2-common/tree/cm-12.0

Reports are hinting for the CM nightlies to be available by end of November or early December. Fingers crossed

I think invisiblek is the man behind this development

I was planning to purchase new device, but if CM continues the development I will stay.

Enjoy!!
    CM

Hey guys, I just finished uploading to the build server I use. Let's see how this server fares before deciding to switch to AFH (consistency issues). If it turns out that a lot of you guys really want another hosting site, I will gladly set it up (except Dropbox, Google Drive, or MEGA because of download hits / annoying compliance issues)

But without further ado, http://downloads.codefi.re/pandasa123/CM12/Samsung/d2att

Have fun flashing and give me some time to set a thread up. Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Also, here is the thread link. Banter / off-topic is allowed, but keep it respectful. I'll let you guys use it as a Q/A too as long as you guys search before posting

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/orig-development/rom-cm12-d2att-alpha-builds-t2959561
    Hello. I didn't see an m8 on the download page. Could you point me in the right direction please? Unless m7 is the latest. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

M7 was posted June 8th, M8 will be posted around the 1st week of July probably per xda M7 update Sunday: "To get ahead of the inevitable questions, this release is based on Android 4.4.2. The 4.4.3 source has been merged into CM for nightlies, but given the source code was only made available last week, we chose not to rush the new code into the stable branch. There will be plenty of things to address with 4.4.3 in time for our M8 release next month."
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m7-released