Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

If you recieved your Oppo Find 7 - share first impressions here

19th November 2014, 03:38 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 43

548 posts
Sorry to hear that but to be honest. You should have bought the Oneplus One instead. Cheaper and one of the best Android phone on market. Tons of ROMs and support here at XDA.
The sandstone back texture just amazing! The only thing I like about this Oppo 7 is the notification light on the bottom that was it LOL. Nothing else ! I don't care the fast charging.....etc. The onePlus one has more than enough juice for the whole day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddish2

at 1st the phone was great for about 2 hours before i noticed one of the wrost QA on a device i have ever seen. out of the box is has a stuck/dead pixel. granted there are alot of positive stuff about the phone but the main thing, the screen, the thing you look and interact with has something like that right off the bat... makes me just want to throw this thing at the wall and kick myself for giving oppo my money for this device. i cant even resell it for half the money i paid for it! its been about a week now and i think im stuck with this device, as there is no resolution in sight.

when i contacted oppo they refused to sent me a test unit that works. and said that it doesnt effect "user experience" i guess at the end of the day i have myself to blame. i should of done more research in how shabby thier QA was. well fool my once shame on you fool me twice... na they wont get me twice. i doubt ill ever buy an oppo device again. i feel like despite all the good about the device buying one is like playing russian roulette. if you are lucky you might get a good one... but there are soo many folks i found who had issues with thier devices, that i cant help but feel bad for.

bottom line.. its a good phone. but the warranty is ****. and the company behind the phone isnt much help.

5th December 2014, 04:11 AM |#222  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
Smile
My Find 7 was a freebie of a mate would you bloody believe. I came from an iPhone 3gs!
First impressions: Wow.
Shortly after: ColorOS stinks!
I used to root and mod droids aggges ago before having iPhones thrown at me. Anyway, I'm now on Nameless Rom and can't wait for Lollipop!!
10th December 2014, 02:29 AM |#223  
London
Thanks Meter: 20

159 posts
More
The thing is slim, elegant and beautiful (unlike the plastic-looking OnePlus One)... and I didn't expect to get a superb audio player as well.

I flashed Nightly ROM - got the infamous screen of death whenever I locked the screen, so I ditched cyan and flashed colorOS v2 but found it impossible to get permanent root, so I came back to 1.2.7. No issues. I like the elegant, smart UI of colorOS.

Being an audiophile I was disappointed that viper4andriod is incompatible with colorOS. But MaxxAudio gives a fantastic sound - limited options, maybe, but listening with a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Coppers and it impresses much.
Last edited by Lord Childe; 10th December 2014 at 02:33 AM.
13th January 2015, 05:07 PM |#224  
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
bye bye oppo
gave up with oppo's awful roms, you guys have made such a great effort polishing it up here, and the dev's have made a great contribution to this device, particularly the DU and Omni teams.

got a nexus 6, runnind de-enctypted stock Lollipop and FRANCO KERNAL, and this thing literally FLIES. Massive difference to the Find 7 no matter how much i loved that phone.
14th January 2015, 06:30 AM |#225  
Thanks Meter: 35

346 posts
More
my first impression of my Find 7a when i got it in my big hands was like hmm, this here is actually a good size phone for me and the quality for the prices is really good, and i fell in love with the skyline notification light when i first saw a pic of it. (I came from a LG Optimus G E975 running stock Cyanogenmod)

bcs i didn't have much money last summer and i purchased my Find 7a i purchased it second handed from the phones first owner.

I most admit that Oppo has done a good just with the ColourOS and it's gestures bcs this is the first manufacture rom i have kept for so long, normally after a day or two i flash Cyanogenmod on to my phones bcs the stock rom just drives me crazy with their overlay or has many things I don't like about it and i always been a lover of getting as pure android as possible, but with a few tweaks here and there.

Only thing that's a bomber with the Find 7a is it was released with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and not Android 4.4 KitKat, but Oppo Finally last year released ColourOS 2.0 in Beta running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which i felt was the only thing missing from the start.

Right now i am running KaKulayOS v1.1 but the ColourOS' need to love memory is my biggest con here, bcs this is the first manufacture rom i have seen using like 1,5~1,8gb of ram on my devices only running a few apps, disabled a lot of running a app killer and using Oppo's Task Manager to clean with but it stills like after less then a day from a reboot or shut down going to like 5xx mb to 3xx mb free ram and it starts out with 1,xx gb free it's just how can all the extra use soo much and i come from LG and i haven't seen that in their roms that also got a lot of features

But i am thinking about going Cyanogenmod or maybe Namelessrom to get back to about pure android but i don't wanna miss tap2wake bcs it's the thing i use to wake my devices op 99,9% of the time.

So if anyone got some good things to say about CM or Namelessrom then do it, bcs i want to know what's not working before i flash anything
18th January 2015, 12:36 PM |#226  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 304

872 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puma99dk|

my first impression of my Find 7a when i got it in my big hands was like hmm, this here is actually a good size phone for me and the quality for the prices is really good, and i fell in love with the skyline notification light when i first saw a pic of it. (I came from a LG Optimus G E975 running stock Cyanogenmod)

bcs i didn't have much money last summer and i purchased my Find 7a i purchased it second handed from the phones first owner.

I most admit that Oppo has done a good just with the ColourOS and it's gestures bcs this is the first manufacture rom i have kept for so long, normally after a day or two i flash Cyanogenmod on to my phones bcs the stock rom just drives me crazy with their overlay or has many things I don't like about it and i always been a lover of getting as pure android as possible, but with a few tweaks here and there.

Only thing that's a bomber with the Find 7a is it was released with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and not Android 4.4 KitKat, but Oppo Finally last year released ColourOS 2.0 in Beta running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which i felt was the only thing missing from the start.

Right now i am running KaKulayOS v1.1 but the ColourOS' need to love memory is my biggest con here, bcs this is the first manufacture rom i have seen using like 1,5~1,8gb of ram on my devices only running a few apps, disabled a lot of running a app killer and using Oppo's Task Manager to clean with but it stills like after less then a day from a reboot or shut down going to like 5xx mb to 3xx mb free ram and it starts out with 1,xx gb free it's just how can all the extra use soo much and i come from LG and i haven't seen that in their roms that also got a lot of features

But i am thinking about going Cyanogenmod or maybe Namelessrom to get back to about pure android but i don't wanna miss tap2wake bcs it's the thing i use to wake my devices op 99,9% of the time.

So if anyone got some good things to say about CM or Namelessrom then do it, bcs i want to know what's not working before i flash anything

CM 12 Nightlies just got releases today, haven't tried it yet (and not planning to), but it's CM, what could go wrong?

I'm currently using Nameless 5.0.2. So far it's awesome. No major bugs so far, but some other users have reported issues. But nothing major should happen provided you follow the correct steps.
18th January 2015, 08:59 PM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 69

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao

CM 12 Nightlies just got releases today, haven't tried it yet (and not planning to), but it's CM, what could go wrong?

I'm currently using Nameless 5.0.2. So far it's awesome. No major bugs so far, but some other users have reported issues. But nothing major should happen provided you follow the correct steps.

It could and has bricked a lot of phones!
19th January 2015, 09:36 AM |#228  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 304

872 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCC

It could and has bricked a lot of phones!

Posted that before people bricked their devices. Sorry for wrong info. Nameless for KitKat, one of the most stable 5.0.x releases so far.

I thought that CM had already fixed their builds. Seems that CM causing SystemUI to crash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irwenzhao For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2015, 10:43 AM |#229  
Thanks Meter: 69

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao

Posted that before people bricked their devices. Sorry for wrong info. Nameless for KitKat, one of the most stable 5.0.x releases so far.

I thought that CM had already fixed their builds. Seems that CM causing SystemUI to crash.

Yeah I knew you posted it before people started reporting bricking. Even if they do brick there phone they can get it back by using your expert guide on the Oppo forums.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread