OP Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,399

5,817 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallybeachin

thank you for your reply. I am going to make a go of it, again, and see what happens.
I have already attempted to follow the video but will keep at it.
Perhaps with the info pages you linked, I will get a better grasp of things before my next attempt.
.......back to reading.

download saferoot.zip, extract files, run install.bat in the saferoot folder
30th December 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 3

84 posts
I do appreciate your help.
I feel rather silly, actually.
I hadn't noticed until just an hour or so ago, the first file I downloaded wasn't right. I'm not sure what I downloaded or from where, but it wasn't all there.
Once I realized this, I deleted it and started fresh from scratch, and, behold!, I had it handled in no time.
Once my file issue was resolved, everything was just as easy as jailbreaking.
Not sure why I was trying to make it more complicated than is.

I'm all good, and my goal is accomplished.
Thanks again for the video and replying here.
10th January 2015, 07:54 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thank you so much for your this ROM and the all the instructions you have provided to try to help others upgrade their kindles. I played around with the new ROMs (4.4 and such), but I just love the simplicity of this one. No extra battery drain issues, clean, rooted, and meets my needs. It was like I had a brand new kindle after getting this up and running. I think I would buy a new device if I wanted a newer ROM... this one gives me the abilities I need. Great work... Thank you for your dedication to this community. I know the Go Launcher is an option to give the old OS a custom new look, but wow... they have made that app super annoying and intrusive.
10th January 2015, 04:19 PM   |  #44  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,399

5,817 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdawantabe

Thank you so much for your this ROM and the all the instructions you have provided to try to help others upgrade their kindles. I played around with the new ROMs (4.4 and such), but I just love the simplicity of this one. No extra battery drain issues, clean, rooted, and meets my needs. It was like I had a brand new kindle after getting this up and running. I think I would buy a new device if I wanted a newer ROM... this one gives me the abilities I need. Great work... Thank you for your dedication to this community. I know the Go Launcher is an option to give the old OS a custom new look, but wow... they have made that app super annoying and intrusive.

Go launcher is easily replaced, there dozens of other free launchers in the playstore.
Try a few, don't remove Go launcher till you find another one you like.
19th January 2015, 03:20 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 55

489 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

The alternate.test versions are for Dual booting see
[Bootloader][8/10/2012] FIREFIREFIRE Extended - Dualboot your KF
but they have been reported as not working, and i have not found the problem yet.

I think I'm going to attempt to use your default ROM (if that's ok) and make this happen. I worked with the guys doing the dual-boot scripts and had decent success with converting other ROMS. It's been a couple of years, so it might take me a bit. Had to do the work from Ubuntu inside virtualBox and that image got lost during equipment swaps.
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfEngr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread