Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

BLOATWARE LISTS (Apps Safe To Remove From Note 3) MDN MIN MSL & MORE

OP jimzweb1

18th January 2015, 06:16 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
I have downloaded System app safe remover from Playstore, to remove bloatware from my Note 3, but getting a bit confused.

It shows a list of system apps with the remark keymodule, but I can't find anywhere what the consequences are if I remove such app, or if it's better to leave it alone.

Can anyone explain to me please what the meaning of the keymodule remark is?
19th January 2015, 03:17 AM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 189

452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by basjke

I have downloaded System app safe remover from Playstore, to remove bloatware from my Note 3, but getting a bit confused.

It shows a list of system apps with the remark keymodule, but I can't find anywhere what the consequences are if I remove such app, or if it's better to leave it alone.

Can anyone explain to me please what the meaning of the keymodule remark is?

I have never seen that term used before. But if I had to take a guess, it's a system app that will cause something not to function or a force close. If would list the apps that you are concerned with I can hopefully tell you what they do and what happens if you delete or freeze them.
19th January 2015, 03:30 AM   |  #33  

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzweb1

I have never seen that term used before. But if I had to take a guess, it's a system app that will cause something not to function or a force close. If would list the apps that you are concerned with I can hopefully tell you what they do and what happens if you delete or freeze them.

Thanks for the response, the apk I'm talking about is this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ystemapp&hl=en

To name just a few of the apps that have that remark

com.qualcomm.timeservice

com.sec.android.app.FlashbarS

Easy settings

Enterprise Sim Pin Service

Enterprise VPN Services

Factory mode

Gallery

Help

INDIServiceManager

Internet

Knox Notification manager
19th January 2015, 04:30 AM   |  #34  

37 posts
Quote:

Found a little more info on the remark on Apkreleases.

Safe, we filter out all apps that may cause unstable after uninstalled, and had tested hundreds of devices, so you can use it safely, but we can not make sure 100% safe because of manufacturers may customized too much, also, we backup all app you uninstalled automatic, so you can restore them in Recycle Bin whenever you need;
Clear, we classify all system app as [Could remove], [Should keep], [Key module], so you can choose what app to uninstall clearly;

Mark one app that canít be restored as [Key module];

Does that mean I shouldn't remove it?
19th January 2015, 04:47 AM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member

452 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the response, the apk I'm talking about is this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ystemapp&hl=en

To name just a few of the apps that have that remark

com.qualcomm.timeservice

com.sec.android.app.FlashbarS

Easy settings

Enterprise Sim Pin Service

Enterprise VPN Services

Factory mode

Gallery

Help

INDIServiceManager

Internet

Knox Notification manager

Ok the first thing I would do is if you have a custom recovery. Make a backup of your stock rooted KitKat OS ( what ever version you are running ). Then start deleting the bloatware, go for the non-system apps first you don't want, then make another backup. So now you have two backups say on an external sd card. Which is what I run. Then just keep deleting files until your done or you get a FC then just keep replacing the second backup till you widdle down the OS to a good daily driver. I also makes a great backup if you flash a different rom and it doesn't work out you can always go back to your daily driver.

com.qualcomm.timeservice has to do with your cpu I would leave that alone.

com.sec.android.app.FlashbarS not sure but I will find out

Easy settings your phone actually has two launchers the normal touch wiz launcher basically what the phone came with. Next is the Easy launcher which can be active by going to settings/device/easy mode and turning on easy mode. Doing this kills most everything and the device runs just the basics. One page very few icons calling and text that's it. Easy settings works with the easy launcher I deleted both.

Enterprise Sim Pin Service this app provides the program that has you enter your eight digit code to activate an International Sim Card that has been installed in the device. I would not delete it.

Enterprise VPN Services this is tied to adding a Pin Code to your Lock Screen. Don't delete

Factory mode by default it is in the on position. It has to do with keeping the EFS partition from being corrupted when flashing new roms. Do not delete.

Gallery this is the app that holds some of your pictures. You can delete but you will lose the ability to display pictures.

Help depends what app it is in ?

INDIServiceManager I think it is tied your Samsung account, you can freeze it, I still have mine maybe I'll delete it and see what happens.

Internet if you want to surf better keep this one.

Knox Notification manager if you use KNOX keep it. I deleted it. I also deleted every file with KNOX in it I could find.

Hope this helps !!!
Last edited by jimzweb1; 19th January 2015 at 04:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimzweb1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2015, 05:03 AM   |  #36  
OP Senior Member

452 posts
More
Quote:

Found a little more info on the remark on Apkreleases.

Safe, we filter out all apps that may cause unstable after uninstalled, and had tested hundreds of devices, so you can use it safely, but we can not make sure 100% safe because of manufacturers may customized too much, also, we backup all app you uninstalled automatic, so you can restore them in Recycle Bin whenever you need;
Clear, we classify all system app as [Could remove], [Should keep], [Key module], so you can choose what app to uninstall clearly;

Mark one app that canít be restored as [Key module];

Does that mean I shouldn't remove it?

According to what they are saying, yes !! But remember they are covering there behinds, and there is a lot of combinations that app works on. The way the app is set up you don't really delete the app completely you just move it out of the OS and it can be replaced later.
19th January 2015, 05:12 AM   |  #37  

37 posts
Quote:

Ok the first thing I would do is if you have a custom recovery. Make a backup of your stock rooted KitKat OS ( what ever version you are running ). Then start deleting the bloatware, go for the non-system apps first you don't want, then make another backup. So now you have two backups say on an external sd card. Which is what I run. Then just keep deleting files until your done or you get a FC then just keep replacing the second backup till you widdle down the OS to a good daily driver. I also makes a great backup if you flash a different rom and it doesn't work out you can always go back to your daily driver.

com.qualcomm.timeservice has to do with your cpu I would leave that alone.

com.sec.android.app.FlashbarS not sure but I will find out

Easy settings your phone actually has two launchers the normal touch wiz launcher basically what the phone came with. Next is the Easy launcher which can be active by going to settings/device/easy mode and turning on easy mode. Doing this kills most everything and the device runs just the basics. One page very few icons calling and text that's it. Easy settings works with the easy launcher I deleted both.

Enterprise Sim Pin Service this app provides the program that has you enter your eight digit code to activate an International Sim Card that has been installed in the device. I would not delete it.

Enterprise VPN Services this is tied to adding a Pin Code to your Lock Screen. Don't delete

Factory mode by default it is in the on position. It has to do with keeping the EFS partition from being corrupted when flashing new roms. Do not delete.

Gallery this is the app that holds some of your pictures. You can delete but you will lose the ability to display pictures.

Help depends what app it is in ?

INDIServiceManager I think it is tied your Samsung account, you can freeze it, I still have mine maybe I'll delete it and see what happens.

Internet if you want to surf better keep this one.

Knox Notification manager if you use KNOX keep it. I deleted it. I also deleted every file with KNOX in it I could find.

Hope this helps !!!

I don't have custom recovery, and also won't install one yet, as my phone is new and I want to keep warranty.

Is there a way to backup my 4.4.2 system without a custom recovery? I'm not familiar with ADB so an APK that can do it for me would be useful. I have Titanium pro installed but am not sure if it backs up the whole OS or only the apps.

Regarding the internet app, can I remove it if I install FF for example, or does every browser use this app?

Does removing the Knox apps trigger the Knox counter, or can I safely remove them, and if I have a warranty issue simply flash a stock rom with Odin?

I'm still reading up on it but I think to understand that Knox is also a security system that prevents your phone to be used when lost or stolen., so it should be a must have. Not?

Thanks for the help so far.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote:

According to what they are saying, yes !! But remember they are covering there behinds, and there is a lot of combinations that app works on. The way the app is set up you don't really delete the app completely you just move it out of the OS and it can be replaced later.

So using this app will not really save me storage space, unless I can empty the recycle bin, which I haven't checked out yet if this is a possibility.

Do you have a suggestion for another app to manually remove the apps. My aim is to save space and horsepower cpu of course.
19th January 2015, 03:21 PM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member

452 posts
More
[QUOTE=basjke;58270156]I don't have custom recovery, and also won't install one yet, as my phone is new and I want to keep warranty.

Is there a way to backup my 4.4.2 system without a custom recovery? I'm not familiar with ADB so an APK that can do it for me would be useful. I have Titanium pro installed but am not sure if it backs up the whole OS or only the apps.

Regarding the internet app, can I remove it if I install FF for example, or does every browser use this app?

Does removing the Knox apps trigger the Knox counter, or can I safely remove them, and if I have a warranty issue simply flash a stock rom with Odin?

I'm still reading up on it but I think to understand that Knox is also a security system that prevents your phone to be used when lost or stolen., so it should be a must have. Not?

Thanks for the help so far.[COLOR="Silver"]
Titanium pro is a great app, been awhile since I used one. Used to set up to backup one app at time. I think the internet app provides the connection to the internet and the browser_S.apk is the search engine. Removing KNOX apps will not trigger the KNOX warranty counter located in download mode. By rooting your device with CF-autoroot or SuperSU will trip KNOX counter, unless you go back to NC5 4.4.2 then use Towelroot to root your device this will not trip KNOX. Installing a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM will definitely trip KNOX counter. KNOX is a program that creates an encrypted container that put's in your data ( like e-mails and texts ) then sends the container where ever you want, and decodes it at that location so it can't stolen or if it was intercepted in transit if would be unreadable. The problem is that KNOX was designed by the NSA for Samsung ( the info is right on there web site ) I'm sure there is a back door that the NSA uses to get at your data. That is why there is no KNOX on my device.

Removing parts of KNOX stops the programs ability to great a container, hence Samsung will not warranty that your data is safe in transit. So if your sending secret rocket plans better keep it. Flashing a OS with odin should not trip KNOX, but flashing a custom recovery will. If you want to get back to stock you can always copy and paste your data ( pics, music, and video ) to your desktop and do a factory reset.

Removing the apps and storing them somewhere else won't save space, anything the device is not running will make the phone faster. Did you go to settings/general/about device then tap the build number 7 times ? This activates developer options, click the back button then you will see the new setting under general. Turn on developer options then look for widow animations click on it and turn them off do the same for the next two animations this will speed up your phone a little.
Last edited by jimzweb1; 19th January 2015 at 03:38 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jimzweb1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread