FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] Double tap to wake screen

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By khumash, Junior Member on 4th May 2014, 05:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th May 2014, 03:09 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
double tapping
Read most of these replies and i had the same issue regardless if i tap in the same spot, speed etc.

Anyways even though i dont wear gloves, i had this option ticked which affected the sensitivity of the screen. Once i unticked this option, the double tapping works 100% regardless of where on the screen i tap etc. you just need to tap consecutively close not seconds apart and mine never fails.

Hope this helps....

15th May 2014, 03:51 AM |#12  
Flag Brașov
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I noticed that also, but the circle that appears when you are close to the screen drives me nuts, so I turned it off. Instead I tap 3 times. That seems to do the trick.
28th December 2014, 04:00 PM |#13  
Ryazan
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thumbs up
Hi guys! I ran into the same problem , and I hope my post will help someone. You 've probably noticed that a double tap works in virtually 100 % of cases, if the phone is lying on a flat surface and does not move. So the trick is to keep your phone in a stationary while you're tapping . If you have small hands ( like I have ) , I recommend to keep the phone so that the lower left corner of the phone rested in the palm of your hand, and so the phone will not move. Pressing force and velocity values are not actually important. Sorry for my English and I hope somebody will find this information useful
19th January 2015, 02:53 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
double tap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar83

It does not matter how fast or hard you tap the screen. It almost never works here. Can anyone confirm if this can be fixed with a hard reset?

After a week of using it, i had the same problems as you guys.
Now, it's wotking just fine, everytime.
You should get used to how to tap. Not very fast, slowly is better .
It's wotking fine. Don't blaim de phone, it's you to blame
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread