[ROM][KK] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (GT-S7560M) - Updated 11/14/2014

Search This thread

ericch2

Apr 15, 2014
Performances...

Hi,

I feel the phone "slow", so I installed "AndroBench" to have some measurements, but I can't tell if another ace 2x have the same perfs or not. Here are mines (as screenshots).

Please, would someone tell me if they are okay? Is there another measurement tool to help to find the problem?

Where do I start if I want to accelerate things?

Thanks,

Eric

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-19-19-50-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-19-19-50-08.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 383
  • Screenshot_2015-01-19-19-55-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-19-19-55-52.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 369

Zed202020

Oct 27, 2013
Port-au-prince
After 40 days using the last KK of nov 2014 and bulging battery.....:mad::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
I switch to beanstalk with a all new battery which work well. :eek::thumbup:
Sent from my GT-S7560M using XDA Free mobile app

Cycloptic

Jul 4, 2013
Toronto
I just installed Camera Zoom FX v 5.0 and im surprised to see that the camera/video works!
How come it only goes up 3.1mp? why not 5mp? (if it makes a difference at all) Would be curious to find out why Stockrom Camera/Vid is at full. Well, our Cyanogenmod version 4.4.4 still only gets 3.1?

Hmm... its got to be that kernel of ours :confused:

http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/79606605/file.html

Last edited:

RK3601

Sep 14, 2014
montreal
so i flashed the optional face unlock that was included in the gapps-kk-20140629-signed.zip
now how do i enable that? i see that faceunlock is not even an option in the lockscreen security :/ anyone help? or the statements that ive been reading about faceunlock being disabled are true?

ansanar

Jan 4, 2015
Anyone know how to make WiFi work for the GT-S7560?:)

I didn't have problems with WIFI. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Trend (GT-S7560) and WIFI worked (now I'm with Omnirom and WIFI works too). I installed CM11 from Stock Rom.

What's the problem? Can you switch on WIFI? Do you see AP but you cannot connect?

Kahungu

Jan 26, 2015
I tried switching on WiFi, all it says is turning on but never actually actually turns on WiFi.

Sent from my GT-S7560 using XDA Free mobile app

Kahungu

Jan 26, 2015
Ansanar, I reinstalled the ROM and both the IP and MAC address fields were unavailable. Can you help here? And also have you been able to get Bluetooth working?

Last edited:

elbrad.bg@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2015
wifi is not working at all.

Installed the rom yesterday, everything perfect but Wifi doesnt work properly so please any answer to help me to fix this... you'are awesome!!! in advance.

ansanar

Jan 4, 2015
Ansanar, I reinstalled the ROM and both the IP and MAC address fields were unavailable. Can you help here? And also have you been able to get Bluetooth working?

Sorry for the dealy.

WIFI: Can you post your baseband? I have tested CM11 and Omnirom4, and my WIFI is working in both. I think that can be a problem with firmware and different baseband versions.

Buetooth: I'm porting bluez to our device. I have modified kernel sources and I can compile it. During this week I'll try to test it and resolve the main issues. When I'll have a working copy I'll publish the source code and instructions to integrate my changes in different ROMs.

.rootCoder.

Nov 22, 2013
xda ;)
After 40 days using the last KK of nov 2014 and bulging battery.....:mad::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
I switch to beanstalk with a all new battery which work well. :eek::thumbup:
Sent from my GT-S7560M using XDA Free mobile app

Not everything comes with everything,
I mean that you should tweak/tune your rom as i do, for example: use xposed and greenify to hibmerate apps that waste your battrey, search for some init.d tweaks to tweak you OS/Kernel, for example: you can tweak graphics trough GLtools, and tweak Download/upload speed trough sysctl.tweaks.
I also would like to say the cyanogen ltd is just like canonical, they fund the developement of thier OS

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR
Not everything comes with everything,
I mean that you should tweak/tune your rom as i do, for example: use xposed and greenify to hibmerate apps that waste your battrey, search for some init.d tweaks to tweak you OS/Kernel, for example: you can tweak graphics trough GLtools, and tweak Download/upload speed trough sysctl.tweaks.
I also would like to say the cyanogen ltd is just like canonical, they fund the developement of thier OS
Sorry for OT! I am waiting for your rom since summer 2014. You remember ;) you promised it with much emotion. I also wonder if you own an ace2x now? Do you?

Gesendet von meinem GT-S7562

ansanar

Jan 4, 2015
I always wipe the Dalvik cache before flashing a new rom.

Well, I have been doing some coding and tests. I have a working ROM, but WIFI wasn't working in it. The reason was that kernel modules weren't loaded at boot time (I don't know why, because kernel is compiled with necessary configs to load modules). But I have added a script in init.d that loads all kernel modules and then wifi works.

Please, I need someone with wifi problems to test the "possible" solution, because I only had WIFI problems with my own built, but not with Omni by @Codename13 or CM11 by @jonypx09. The script was taken from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17668439&postcount=7 so, thanks to @bigrushdog.
The file:
Code:
/system/etc/init.d/06loadModules
The content of the file:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load any extra modules

MODPATH=/system/lib/modules/

for i in `ls $MODPATH`
do
modprobe `basename $i .ko` >/dev/null 2>&1    
done
exit 0
And give it permissions:
Code:
chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/06loadModules

Please, test it and tell me, and if you need help don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: juasjuas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (GT-S7560M) - My Own Build
    Last Updated: November-14-2014

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Non-Working Components:
    • Bluetooth (Incompatible Drivers)
    • FM radio (Not implemented Yet)

Bugs:
    • Stock Camera app crashes when switching to camcorder mode (Use either Google Camera or Camera KK)
    • Camera only supports 3.2 megapixels (2048x1536) (Camera MX supports 4 megapixels)

Screenshots:

h5uo.png
    3are.png

lwhs.png
    yh1m.png

i97v.png
    pptr.png

Downloads:

CyanogenMod 11 - 240 DPI (RECOMMENDED)
    CyanogenMod 11 - 180 DPI

Google Apps for Android v4.4.4 (KitKat)

Google Camera (Replaces Stock Camera)

Installation Instructions & Requirements:
    1. Copy zip packages (ROM + GAPPS) to an SD Card
    2. Enter recovery mode
    3. Choose "install zip from sdcard"
    4. Select "choose zip from sdcard" and locate the ROM zip package
    5. Confirm the installation by choosing "yes"
    6. Once it is complete, repeat steps 3-5 for the GAPPS zip package.
    7. Once the GAPPS installation is complete, reboot your phone and wait for the startup screen to appear (This may take up to 20 minutes)

*This build is only compatible with the following recoveries:

>ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.4
    >TWRP v2.6.3.0
    >TWRP v2.7.0.0

*If you do not have one installed, please install one of them prior to installing the ROM.

Miscellaneous Information:

-The development of this ROM is ONGOING; stay tuned as more updates will become available.

-If you are switching between ROMs (i.e CM 10.2 to CM 11), you must erase all data (Factory Reset) first prior to installing the new ROM

-Users of the Samsung Galaxy Trend (GT-S7560) may experience additional bugs or problems

*WHEN SWITCHING FROM DALVIK TO ART, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR DEVICE'S BATTERY IS SUFFICIENTLY CHARGED AS THE PROCESS MAY TAKE UP TO 30 MINUTES
    Changelog:

03/16/2014:
    -Compiled with Codename13's BA2X 2.0 kernel
    -Kernel upgraded to version 3.0.31
    -Kernel compiled with Sabermod 4.7
    -GPU Overclocked to 305 MHz
    -Miscellaneous optimizations
    -A few bug fixes from the CyanogenMod Team

03/30/2014:
    -Lock Screen Bug Fixed
    -Four Additional Optimizations from @Codename13 & @Chromium
    -Battery Life Improvements (GPU Clocked at 280 MHz)
    -Added Option to Turn-Off HighEndGfx Mode (Transparency and other animations) > Located in Performance Menu
    -Wi-Fi somewhat fixed > WEP Connections work, but WPA2 connections fail to connect upon reboot

04/27/2014:
    -Kernel upgraded to version 3.0.60 (Credits to @Codename13)
    -More performance improvements (frandom module working)
    -Adjusted Wi-Fi settings
    -Added temporary solution to off-mode charging - Device will shutdown if battery level is less than 5%
    -UI & Miscellaneous Improvements ("Mobile Networks" has its own separate menu)

05/18/2014:
    -New Theme Engine
    -Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

06/06/2014:
    -ROM upgraded to Android 4.4.3
    -Bug fixes to Theme Engine
    -Revamped Calculator app & Trebuchet Launcher
    -Fixed data usage in settings
    -Fixed remaining Wi-Fi issues
    -Fixed a problem with SIM card detection
    -Applied several ROM optimizations

06/12/2014:
    -Fixed Webview for all supported applications
    -Applied ArchiDroid Optimizations
    -Reduced maximum clock speed to 1152 MHz (Improves stability & battery life)

06/24/2014:
    -ROM upgraded to Android 4.4.4
    -Fixed bootloop issue associated with Android RunTime (ART)
    -A few bug fixes from Cyanogen
    -New Feature: Heads Up

08/01/2014:
    -Applied Android 4.4.4 (release 2) patch
    -Several new functions in settings
    -Minor fixes by the Cyanogen Team

08/09/2014:
    -Increased system RAM allocation by 20 MB (User-allocated RAM is now 625 MB)
    -Updated Wi-Fi drivers

08/26/2014:
    -Added default torch app
    -Switched bionic source from Kitkat Purity to default (CM)
    -New Feature: Ability to switch to last app (Settings > Buttons > Long/Short/Double Press Action via Menu or Home Buttons)
    -Various miscellaneous fixes by the Cyanogen Team

10/11/2014::
    -Added all changes from the M10 and M11 release cycles.
    -General bug fixes

11/14/2014:
    -Fixed Off-Mode Charging (Only for AC Connections) [Credits to Codename13 for commits]
    -Added all changes from M12 Release Cycle
    CyanogenMod 11 - New Build

Changelog (03/30/2014):

-Lock Screen Bug Fixed
    -Four Additional Optimizations from @Codename13 & @Chromium
    -Battery Life Improvements (GPU Clocked at 280 MHz)
    -Added Option to Turn-Off HighEndGfx Mode (Transparency and other animations) > Located in Performance Menu
    -Wi-Fi somewhat fixed > WEP Connections work, but WPA2 connections fail to connect upon reboot

I will try and address the Wi-Fi issue on my next build. I also found a temporary fix for the camcorder; I will try and include this as well.

I know this build was initially compiled on March 27, but I was testing a few other things in the ROM to ensure maximum stability. This build is flashable if you have CM 11 currently installed (Factory Reset is not necessary).

Enjoy ;)
    Update Coming Soon

For those who are running CyanogenMod 11, a new build will be posted soon with SeannyM's BA2X 2.0 pre-loaded into the ROM as well as a few additional performance optimizations. I may also upgrade the kernel to a higher version, if possible (maybe to v3.0.40). Stay tuned!