OP TheAshMan

8th March 2010, 09:09 PM   |  #191  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 13

195 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v33r3n

hey i think this rom is awesome but i was wondering y does my trackball keep flashing like crazy every 2 seconds?

it does that on every rom based on Eris leak AFAIK
8th March 2010, 09:17 PM   |  #192  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 43

935 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXXX

it does that on every rom based on Eris leak AFAIK

I've tried 3 variants so far and the trackball flashes on all of them. Kind of useful and kind of annoying
8th March 2010, 09:21 PM   |  #193  
Thanks Meter: 107

837 posts
More
Got everything setup and stable, now I have noticed one thing compared to the Modaco 3.2b5 rom.

The wifi performance isn't asgood. Downloading is alot slower for some reason, have no idea why.
8th March 2010, 10:14 PM   |  #194  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v33r3n

hey i think this rom is awesome but i was wondering y does my trackball keep flashing like crazy every 2 seconds?

Because HTC realised that no-one really used it otherwise and tried to find better uses for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXFX

Guys :

How do i uninstall titanium backup and other apps that i don't want ?

This rom will be perfect without this programs

Providing you have ADB setup on your machine run:
Code:
adb remount
adb shell ls /system/app
adb shell rm system/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk
You can use the adb shell rm command with other apps too that you feel like deleting. That works for the apps in the system folder (listed on the first page)

Use:
Code:
adb remount
adb shell ls /system/sd/app
adb shell rm whatever_app.apk
For apps in the data folder (if you're using A2SD). The easier way to remove data apps is using an app manager (Astro has one included).

The link for the Senseless version has been sent out to all who PM'd to test it. I'm looking forward to some feedback. Hopefully get a chance to do some more work on these ROMs tomorrow. Calling it a day for now!
8th March 2010, 10:23 PM   |  #195  
Thanks Meter: 1

200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshMan

Because HTC realised that no-one really used it otherwise and tried to find better uses for it.

LOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshMan

The link for the Senseless version has been sent out to all who PM'd to test it. I'm looking forward to some feedback. Hopefully get a chance to do some more work on these ROMs tomorrow. Calling it a day for now!

Sense > Vanilla :P
8th March 2010, 10:57 PM   |  #196  
Thanks Meter: 1

200 posts
Looks like I figured out the Battery draining problem. We now know that having the GPS on while rebooting makes it work, but is keeping the phone from idling, meaning the awake time is the same as uptime. Now, if we turn GPS off while rebooting, the wake time is smaller than the uptime, but you can't get GPS signal. I now downgraded my radio to 63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22 version, and after rebooting with GPS on, the phone will go to sleep just fine!

Question is, will the GPS work.... As it's 1AM i'm not gonna test that until tomorrow morning, but looks that looks like a fine solution for now.

cya in the morning with more results...
8th March 2010, 11:12 PM   |  #197  
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
More
Just to cheer up the chef, I just installed the latest version coming from mcr3.1 and it's just awesome. Everything works as expected, facebook sync, gps, apn recognized, multitouch maps and so on!

The only issues are the auto brightness thing and the battery drain even if I will be able to have more accurate feedback tomorrow. Otherwise, great work! Thanks again!
9th March 2010, 01:28 AM   |  #198  
Flag Antalya
Thanks Meter: 11

246 posts
More
Really good rom but my battery drains like a horror. %100 charged at 00:53. Now its 03:23 and my battery is at %89 without using the phone. I'll try to downgrading the radio.

But absolute good rom. Nice work.
9th March 2010, 07:07 AM   |  #199  
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
More
The battery indeed drains very fast. Another issue is the fact that no images are loaded into mails but I can live with that... I will try the navigation to go to work this morning.
9th March 2010, 07:42 AM   |  #200  
Flag Stratford-upon-Avon
Thanks Meter: 9

323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolby71

I now downgraded my radio to 63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22 version, and after rebooting with GPS on, the phone will go to sleep just fine!

Question is, will the GPS work.... As it's 1AM i'm not gonna test that until tomorrow morning, but looks that looks like a fine solution for now.

GPS seemed to work fine on my Hero, then I realised I had never tried it after booting up with GPS off - as soon as I turned it on it wouldnt get a fix until I rebooted again, clearly no good......

After changing the radio to 63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22 as suggested by Dolby the GPS works fine whether the phone boots with it switched on or off - great result!!

Now, I just have to see how this older radio affects battery

Cracking spot Dolby!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread