Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

LG Flash Tool 2014 - The best way to Flash LG KDZ Rom

OP quangnhut123

14th January 2015, 02:41 PM   |  #501  
sheikhramnuj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere in the middle
Thanks Meter: 39
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchoska

If you read only the last three pages you'll know that you have to install some drivers posted above

I already read all the post, install the very latest drivers but the problem still exist.
15th January 2015, 06:53 AM   |  #502  
epwt's Avatar
Member
Flag Bali
Thanks Meter: 2
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchoska

If you read only the last three pages you'll know that you have to install some drivers posted above

Hahaha... They just shoot the comment, read someone to suggest reading few pages back like you then I believe they'll start reading.
16th January 2015, 12:05 AM   |  #503  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Hello. I also have this problem. My situation. I was on cm 12 with twrp recovery. I tryed flash cwm recovery, but after flashing when power the phone on the screen write security error. Next I tryed go to stock by flashing with flash tool 2014, but error on 2 percent. Tryed on 2 machines. Next succesfuly flashed with mobile support, but after flashing phone only reboot on lg logo, and hear lg startup sound. I tryed go to stock recovery, but no luck, and cant do factory reset. Any solution? Thanks. p. s. my phone is lg g2 d802 16 gb.
17th January 2015, 01:30 PM   |  #504  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
help here please! i followed ur steps one by one, its not going well when i start flashing it tell me that an error occured plug and replug usb cable i dont know why im stuck right here!

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

can u please explain what u exactly do, i have the same problem i have a cloudy g3 rom, i dont know how to flash a tot, and can i extract kdz to get tot?

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB525

My D802 was stuck on LG logo with a modified rom installed.
After several tries with different PCs I gave up with the kdz method and tried the LGFlashTool for tot files.
Found that my main problem was the OptimusG3 rom which changed my device ID to D855 (G3).
I found a generic DLL ("LGUP_8974.dll") which helped me to get past this error and to flash a 1.0B firmware tot.
Afterwards the LF Flash Tool 2014 worked like a charm and I could flash the 2.0h firmware.
My phone is back online. My problem was in the phone itself and not on the PC.

Perhaps this is of some help. Good luck for you all.

can u please explain what u exactly do, i have the same problem i have a cloudy g3 rom, i dont know how to flash a tot via this flash tool.
17th January 2015, 01:46 PM   |  #505  
Senior Member
Flag mardan
Thanks Meter: 10
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
doesnt work
hi it deosnt work , i installed b2cc app and the lg flash tool detetcts my phone , but when i flash with this tool , always error , connecting to server , try again , or stuck n fails at 2% , i tried everythin , turned off wifi , set port to 41 , its just the tool doesnt work , lg online tool is detetcting the phone , any ideas?
17th January 2015, 02:55 PM   |  #506  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Info 2 2% problem on LG G2
@mood_coolman

It's so long ago that i almost forgot anything...
My problem was the infamous 2% bug with the KDZ. I think reason for this is the wrong device ID set in the 'build.prop' by the G3 rom for the G2. The flash tool expects a G2 but sees a G3.

I did not find a workaround for this BUT there is one for the TOT method. You will need:

- LGUnitedMobileDriver_S51MAN312AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.1 2.3.exe (version does not matter)
- Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - for flashing of a TOT
- LGUP_8974.dll - this is needed for the flash tool to accept all TOTs
- the right TOT for your device

Please google these, I just checked and found them all. You can also find instructions for them.
Install drivers and LGFlashTool then start it.
Start smartphone in download mode by holding the volume up key while plugging USB in PC. Phone must be off.
Wait for the device recognition then change COM port of the new device in Windows device manager to something between 41-56 so that the flash tool can find the phone. In the model config window of the flash tool select the 'manual mode' then enter the path to the downloaded LGUP_8974.dll in 'DLL' and the path to your TOT file in 'S/W'. Set 'Action mode' to 'BOARD DL' then press 'OK'.
Your phone should be shown on selected COM port. Now you can press Start (the arrow).

After that my phone was a real G2 again and then I could flash the lastest KDZ with the 'LG Flash Tool 2014 mod'.
Good luck!
17th January 2015, 03:34 PM   |  #507  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB525

@mood_coolman

It's so long ago that i almost forgot anything...
My problem was the infamous 2% bug with the KDZ. I think reason for this is the wrong device ID set in the 'build.prop' by the G3 rom for the G2. The flash tool expects a G2 but sees a G3.

I did not find a workaround for this BUT there is one for the TOT method. You will need:

- LGUnitedMobileDriver_S51MAN312AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.1 2.3.exe (version does not matter)
- Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - for flashing of a TOT
- LGUP_8974.dll - this is needed for the flash tool to accept all TOTs
- the right TOT for your device

Please google these, I just checked and found them all. You can also find instructions for them.
Install drivers and LGFlashTool then start it.
Start smartphone in download mode by holding the volume up key while plugging USB in PC. Phone must be off.
Wait for the device recognition then change COM port of the new device in Windows device manager to something between 41-56 so that the flash tool can find the phone. In the model config window of the flash tool select the 'manual mode' then enter the path to the downloaded LGUP_8974.dll in 'DLL' and the path to your TOT file in 'S/W'. Set 'Action mode' to 'BOARD DL' then press 'OK'.
Your phone should be shown on selected COM port. Now you can press Start (the arrow).

After that my phone was a real G2 again and then I could flash the lastest KDZ with the 'LG Flash Tool 2014 mod'.
Good luck!

i had serched for a tot for my d802 rom 20a the original one but i didnt found it, i just found kdz for my rom, so is there a way to convert that kdz file to a TOT one by using lg firmware extract?
17th January 2015, 03:42 PM   |  #508  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mood_coolman

i had serched for a tot for my d802 rom 20a the original one but i didnt found it, i just found kdz for my rom, so is there a way to convert that kdz file to a TOT one by using lg firmware extract?

Yes, there are only v1.0a and v1.0b TOTs (at least at StorageCow) but they are okay for the job.
17th January 2015, 05:21 PM   |  #509  
RandomPooka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 695
 
1,243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
I always wonder how many of these issues are caused by the wrong version USB port and/or crappy aftermarket cables.
20th January 2015, 01:57 PM   |  #510  
mcc2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 10
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Thans very much for this treat - my phone is working again...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes