FORUMS

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

How to disable "data saver" mode on Maxx in 4.4?

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
 
By reyxlp, Member on 5th June 2014, 07:24 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anyone know how to disable "data saver" mode in 4.4?

(I'd also be psyched if there was a way to automatically download all email attachments over mobile data.)

If anyone knows how to do this and has a minute to share, greatly appreciated -- thanks!
 
 
7th June 2014, 03:29 PM |#2  
opt05's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyxlp

Does anyone know how to disable "data saver" mode in 4.4?

(I'd also be psyched if there was a way to automatically download all email attachments over mobile data.)

If anyone knows how to do this and has a minute to share, greatly appreciated -- thanks!

I don't think the Maxx has a built in data saver mode. Is something appearing in your notifications window? Also, for the email attachments, are you referring to the email client or gmail?
7th June 2014, 05:23 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opt05

I don't think the Maxx has a built in data saver mode. Is something appearing in your notifications window? Also, for the email attachments, are you referring to the email client or gmail?

No, I can't stand GMail. I'm using the stock Android mail app.

It mentions a "data saver mode" in various situations.

For example, if I try to email a large attachment, it tells me it will remain in the outbox until Wi-Fi is available because of "data saver mode."

Another example, whenever someone sends me an email with an attachment, I always have to open the email and then manually download the attachment.

I have unlimited data and am rarely on WiFi so I'm looking to turn off this "data saver mode" so everything will download automatically so when I open an email the attachment will already be there.

Or when I need to email with a large attachment the "data saver mode" won't make it wait in the outbox until I can get get to Wi-Fi.

And anyone willing to help me figure this out, please don't tell me to switch to GMail or use K-9, etc. I really hope to figure this out using the stock client by disabling "data saver mode."

Any hhelp appreciated - thanks!
7th June 2014, 05:51 PM |#4  
opt05's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyxlp

No, I can't stand GMail. I'm using the stock Android mail app.

It mentions a "data saver mode" in various situations.

For example, if I try to email a large attachment, it tells me it will remain in the outbox until Wi-Fi is available because of "data saver mode."

Another example, whenever someone sends me an email with an attachment, I always have to open the email and then manually download the attachment.

I have unlimited data and am rarely on WiFi so I'm looking to turn off this "data saver mode" so everything will download automatically so when I open an email the attachment will already be there.

Or when I need to email with a large attachment the "data saver mode" won't make it wait in the outbox until I can get get to Wi-Fi.

And anyone willing to help me figure this out, please don't tell me to switch to GMail or use K-9, etc. I really hope to figure this out using the stock client by disabling "data saver mode."

Any hhelp appreciated - thanks!

Ah, now I understand where you are coming from. There is a whole Data Usage section that manages that under Settings > Account Name (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-07-11-40-24.png
Views:	519
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	2785752  
7th June 2014, 06:47 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opt05

Ah, now I understand where you are coming from. There is a whole Data Usage section that manages that under Settings > Account Name (see attached)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah I know that screen.

I have download size set to max and auto download enabled but still have the issues I mentioned at the start of the thread.
10th June 2014, 09:54 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Maybe here?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
11th June 2014, 11:31 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyxlp

Does anyone know how to disable "data saver" mode in 4.4?

(I'd also be psyched if there was a way to automatically download all email attachments over mobile data.)

If anyone knows how to do this and has a minute to share, greatly appreciated -- thanks!

See attached screenshot for the nonsense I'm referring to
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-11-18-11-46.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	2793273  
12th June 2014, 01:59 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 335
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyxlp

See attached screenshot for the nonsense I'm referring to

Switch to another mail client, like K9 Mail, maybe?
20th January 2015, 03:23 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ever figured out?
My husband is having this same issue. He tried to download a pdf and gets this error. I've been doing research, but haven't found anything helpful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes