Samsung Galaxy K Zoom review for S4 Zoom users

OP gavinfabl

4th January 2015, 01:22 PM   |  #211  
Thanks Meter: 154

824 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Stern

http://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?...&idPhone3=5125

You see, the S4 Ƶoom's yellow is almost white while the K Ƶoom's Grass is lower in detail and less Green.

See Smartphones vs Canon DSLR!

Real, wonderfull green grass...

Hope this helped, have a nice da!

Colour saturation or its lack thereof is an easy fix in post with any device.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinfabl

Just a heads up . Here is my link to my 26 part review of the K Zoom. https://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/...6-part-review/

Still very happy with my K after 4 months. The only pointer is must use a case that covers the lens to protect against dust getting into the sensor.

When i read your reviews they did not get through, that line of yours once you get used to zoom there is no going back. As i was so caught up with the other devices. It's only when i stepped back and considered what was the most important thing i wanted to get out of the device that the decision to go with the k made sense. The idea that phones can replace compacts really gets challenged when one realises that the compromise is no zoom.

What the K does cannot be matched by any fixed focus camera present or future. In a class of its own along with its predecessor. Wonder what its successor will be like. Hopefully sales were enough to justify it.
Last edited by One Twelve; 4th January 2015 at 01:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to One Twelve For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2015, 08:13 AM   |  #212  
Thanks Meter: 55

649 posts
Thumbs up Member since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinfabl

Just a heads up . Here is my link to my 26 part review of the K Zoom. https://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/...6-part-review/

You're on XDA SINCE 2005? Respect! :o
6th January 2015, 10:06 AM   |  #213  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dartmoor
Thanks Meter: 503

1,853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Stern

You're on XDA SINCE 2005? Respect! :o

Cheers for that !!
21st January 2015, 03:29 AM   |  #214  
Thanks Meter: 154

824 posts
Don't use Auto mode.

Use program mode, set ISO to auto. In options set the phone up to remember previous setting so it returns back to program mode. This is more flexible auto as you can adjust exp comp, not possible to adjust exp comp with auto.

Use bracketing for night shots when trying to figure out what the right exposure should be. Use bracketing as often as possible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread