No registration required

[GUIDE][UPDATED] How to deodex stock kitkat roms

OP AndikaTedja

6th January 2015, 08:11 PM   |  #151  
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 37

120 posts
More
Run a root-enabled browser e.g. ES File Explorer or Root Browser. Navigate to /system/app/ if you deodexed properly there won't be any .odex files, if it didn't work all or most .apk files in this folder will have an associated .odex file of the same name
12th January 2015, 05:00 AM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 198

1,042 posts
More
Didn't work on a S4 I9505 running a stock 4.4.2 ROM (UGFN1)

I am going to retry tomorrow. I hope it works next time, and I did something wrong the first time (I followed the instructions to the letter, though!).
20th January 2015, 04:52 PM   |  #153  
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 37

120 posts
More
Tablet Worked on my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1
I just wanted to say thank you again to @AndikaTedja for this extremely useful tool!

For anyone interested, this worked perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU on build no. UEU1ANK1 4.4.2 KitKat. Main.bat wasn't able to pull the required directories, so I did that myself using ES smb. Other than that everything worked exactly as it should, I chose the option to zipalign too. I was able to flash the zip file created by the tool in TWRP 2.8.4.0. Just remember the first boot will probably take a very long time, so be patient and make sure your battery is charged before trying this.
The Following User Says Thank You to thisisapoorusernamechoice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2015, 10:16 AM   |  #154  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar, Bali
Thanks Meter: 149

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisapoorusernamechoice

I just wanted to say thank you again to @AndikaTedja for this extremely useful tool!

For anyone interested, this worked perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU on build no. UEU1ANK1 4.4.2 KitKat. Main.bat wasn't able to pull the required directories, so I did that myself using ES smb. Other than that everything worked exactly as it should, I chose the option to zipalign too. I was able to flash the zip file created by the tool in TWRP 2.8.4.0. Just remember the first boot will probably take a very long time, so be patient and make sure your battery is charged before trying this.

Nice to hear that bro, will update the zipalign worked
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread