Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Yellow screens - does the problem still exist?

OP pulsarvp

11th January 2015, 03:24 PM   |  #691  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 11

100 posts
More
Ordered mine on 1/5/2015, got it a few days later.
It has the yellow tint at the bottom, but only noticeable if you really search for it. I use onscreen buttons so the very bottom does not concern me a bit.
If i use my 14 days to return it, will i be able to order a new one or do i need a new invite for that?
If i need a new invite, i think ill just live with it. best device ive ever had (apart from that) and as i said, its barely even noticeable
11th January 2015, 06:16 PM   |  #692  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 11

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedooo

It will never go away...
Maybe in OPTwo if they learn they lesson...
Piss effect is due to display backlight design (JDI genius... NOT!!!)...(slightly opaque near the source of the backlight (14 LED at the bottom of the diaplay)...what did they used to make it opaque...gremlin piss?!?!)...

My Question is: Does it get worse? Mine is only noticeable on plain white screens when the screen is pretty dim (and i think i only see it because i knew of it and searched for it extensively - a mistake on my part)

if it stays that way i can live with it
The Following User Says Thank You to DasGensu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 07:13 AM   |  #693  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 321

1,460 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasGensu

My Question is: Does it get worse? Mine is only noticeable on plain white screens when the screen is pretty dim (and i think i only see it because i knew of it and searched for it extensively - a mistake on my part)

if it stays that way i can live with it

By my experience it stays same...
The Following User Says Thank You to nedooo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 02:11 PM   |  #694  
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
No yellow bands on the two I ordered, absolute perfect screens. I got them early November.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
17th January 2015, 10:23 PM   |  #695  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasGensu

Ordered mine on 1/5/2015, got it a few days later.
It has the yellow tint at the bottom, but only noticeable if you really search for it. I use onscreen buttons so the very bottom does not concern me a bit.
If i use my 14 days to return it, will i be able to order a new one or do i need a new invite for that?
If i need a new invite, i think ill just live with it. best device ive ever had (apart from that) and as i said, its barely even noticeable

Hi,
can you share some photo from the screen? I am about to order one, but I need to know if I can live with that thing. the photos I found aren't that clear

Sorry if this question is off topic, but:

I am also living in Germany, how many days from when you got it since you ordered it?
thanks
21st January 2015, 10:04 PM   |  #696  
Flag Georgetown, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 41

188 posts
More
I am truly amazed by some of these responses....

"Just use the software navigation bar"

That's a joke right? A really big one too I am guessing. Why in the hell would anyone accept that as a fix? Seriously?

Got mine the other day, saw the yellow band, searched, found all this crap..... annnd I'm selling it ASAP. I don't care how much this device ran me, I don't care if it has "great specs for the price". Like at all. I don't know why people try to justify this obvious cheap out by OnePlus on the OPO's screen.

They screwed us. Plain and simple. I for one will not accept if for one second. This device will be sold ASAP and I won't ever buy a OnePlus device again.

I will also tell every single person I meet or will see saying "Oh yeah, OPO is a great phone" that its a sack of trash and the company who makes it has the worst CS EVER! In shock with how they are dealing with this issue. They are done IMO.

It's a complete POS. Just like the company. We need to show them what's good.

Doing EXACTLY OPPOSITE of what their motto says will not aid us in this venture.
Last edited by nexxusty; 21st January 2015 at 10:06 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread