[Q&A] [ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

[Q&A] [ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost

Q&A for [ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

counslor

Nov 16, 2013
NDC Modem issue

I flashed the custom ROM (using PhilZ) from the OP (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775383)
I also flashed the modem as posted there as well. After rebooting, I get unkown software version and unknown baseband version in "About Device" and no antenna connection at all!

How do I fix this?

thanks

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
I flashed the custom ROM (using PhilZ) from the OP (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775383)
I also flashed the modem as posted there as well. After rebooting, I get unkown software version and unknown baseband version in "About Device" and no antenna connection at all!

How do I fix this?

thanks

Did you flash the tar first? And did you wipe cache and dalvik in custom recovery? Also, reboot, let the rom settle, then reboot into cwm, wipe again, and try flashing modem. Lastly, make sure the md5 matches and you don't have a bad download. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: counslor

counslor

Nov 16, 2013
Did you flash the tar first? And did you wipe cache and dalvik in custom recovery? Also, reboot, let the rom settle, then reboot into cwm, wipe again, and try flashing modem. Lastly, make sure the md5 matches and you don't have a bad download. Good luck.

I ended up flashing back to stock and rooting with PhilZ...
Only problem now is I can install apps, but nothing else can download and make changes to storage...not even a ringtone or pic from the web...

Any ideas there??

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Only problem now is I can install apps, but nothing else can download and make changes to storage...not even a ringtone or pic from the web...

Any ideas there??

Stock KitKat made changes to storage permissions and behavior.

You can look for a KitKat SD Fix in the Play store, try a permissive kernel like @CNexus' permissive version of the stock kernel, or manually editing whatever it is that the play store SD Fix app edits, or use a custom ROM.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Reactions: jdsingle76

Snorlaxative

Nov 27, 2014
Virginia Beach
Possible to get VM GS3 to work with Sprint (or MNVOs like Ting)?

I see in the Ting forums that we can buy a Boost Mobile Moto G (3G, not 4G LTE) and somehow it just lets us sign up with Ting using the phone ID... the same process I used with a used when I signed up with a clean used Sprint GS3. Do you think it's possible to grab the Virgin Mobile GS3s that are on sale (new for $80 @ Best Buy) and do the same?

Or does that work with the Moto G because something was just overlooked for that model? I've read that the phones locked to the Sprint subsidiaries like BM & VM aren't eligible for the BYOP deals with other, separate MNVOs. And it's said that Sprint keeps a database of phone IDs that are made for their system, but keep the BM, VM, etc IDs separate so they aren't supposed to work with any other Sprint-based providers.

It seems they can also use a Ting donor phone's info (I assume it's info is already in the Sprint database) and apply it to some other phone model and then it's ok with Sprint for us to sign up with it under their MNVO BYOP plans. I think the example they had was for a 3G HTC EVO. Would that work for the GS3? Would it take additional effort to get the LTE working too?

Do you guys know if we can get GS3s marked for BM/VM working with any of the other Sprint network providers? Any guesses & knowledge also welcomed.

Snorlax

elctronyc

Dec 4, 2014
Just want to say thanks

Just want to say thank you. 2 days ago I got a message that said that an android update was available I hit ok and suddenly phone got stuck in the samsung logo. I looked around yesterday all day for an answer and I could not find anything for my virgin mobile phone. I almost gave up but today I tried one more time and after I flashed your file in my phone, it worked perfectly.
Thanks again

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Can I flash this rom with the NJ3 modem?

I know that when the KK builds first came out, lower modems wouldn't work with this build. But I'm not sure about going up. Try it, and worst case scenario, there's a tar to flash to get modem back, as well as a forum with just the modem :). Good luck.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

I have tried jdsingle76 stock rooted roms. After a few system updates, I get a com.android.phone error followed by uncontrollable restarts. Does anyone know cause and fix? Thank you in advance.

What build did you come from? Make sure you're coming from stock tar NDC as you may have conflicts coming from other builds. And check md5sum. Sounds like it may be a bad download as well. Good luck!

I know that when the KK builds first came out, lower modems wouldn't work with this build. But I'm not sure about going up. Try it, and worst case scenario, there's a tar to flash to get modem back, as well as a forum with just the modem :). Good luck.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

What build did you come from? Make sure you're coming from stock tar NDC as you may have conflicts coming from other builds. And check md5sum. Sounds like it may be a bad download as well. Good luck!

Thanks, jdsingle76. I found that restoring the backup of my data created the issue.

kline9000

Feb 25, 2015
NDC Bootloader

which one of the links is the NDC Bootloader? im trying to get to NDC or ND8 since im on OA3 and want to flash custom roms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How do I fix this?

thanks

Any ideas there??

Stock KitKat made changes to storage permissions and behavior.

You can look for a KitKat SD Fix in the Play store, try a permissive kernel like @CNexus' permissive version of the stock kernel, or manually editing whatever it is that the play store SD Fix app edits, or use a custom ROM.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
    senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
    Just want to say thanks

Just want to say thank you. 2 days ago I got a message that said that an android update was available I hit ok and suddenly phone got stuck in the samsung logo. I looked around yesterday all day for an answer and I could not find anything for my virgin mobile phone. I almost gave up but today I tried one more time and after I flashed your file in my phone, it worked perfectly.
    Thanks again

Thanks, jdsingle76. I found that restoring the backup of my data created the issue.