Ultrasecure Blackphone Had Security Vulnerability

What was touted to be an impenetrable monolithic staple in Android security has just had a … more

LG Dumps Glass, Adopts Plastic for All Future Screens

LG has been incorporating plastic OLED displays in some of its latest and upcoming … more

Seene: A New Dimension for Social Media

Seene has been on iOS since October 2013, and it has now made its to the Google Play Store. Seene is … more

Runtastic Material Design Overhaul

With each passing day, an increasing number of apps are getting on board with Google’s new visual … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Micro SD card suddenly unreadable

OP roperband

14th January 2015, 10:18 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Help with "blank" sd card
I am trying this method on my daughter's SD card that stopped working today. It won't even show up in her phone, my phone, or my PC. I have gotten to step F, but mine comes back saying "The following partition can't be recovered" and it listed one partition. What can I do from here?

Help please all my daughters photos are on this SD card and she would really like to recover them.
Thanks

Step 2

This may take time, even hours depending on the size of your SD card, so be patient.

A. At the first window select “No Log” and press Enter.
B. Select what drive to analyse, choose “Proceed” and press Enter.
C. Select partition type – option 2 - EFI GPT and press Enter
D. Confirm at "Analyse" with Enter to proceed. The drive/partition will be analysed.
E. Confirm at "Quick Search" with Enter to proceed.
F. TestDisk should say “Structure OK”. Choose the drive/partition to fix. (OPTIONAL: Press*p*to list your files - here you can copy your files to the pc; Files listed in red are deleted entries. Go back to the previous display)
G. Press enter to proceed.
H. Select “Write” and press Enter
I. Press “Y”.
J. Press and close TestDisk. Reboot the computer.

Hope this helps and do let me know

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app[/QUOTE]
15th January 2015, 03:00 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 123

310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abroach

I am trying this method on my daughter's SD card that stopped working today. It won't even show up in her phone, my phone, or my PC. I have gotten to step F, but mine comes back saying "The following partition can't be recovered" and it listed one partition. What can I do from here?

Help please all my daughters photos are on this SD card and she would really like to recover them.
Thanks

Step 2

This may take time, even hours depending on the size of your SD card, so be patient.

A. At the first window select “No Log” and press Enter.
B. Select what drive to analyse, choose “Proceed” and press Enter.
C. Select partition type – option 2 - EFI GPT and press Enter
D. Confirm at "Analyse" with Enter to proceed. The drive/partition will be analysed.
E. Confirm at "Quick Search" with Enter to proceed.
F. TestDisk should say “Structure OK”. Choose the drive/partition to fix. (OPTIONAL: Press*p*to list your files - here you can copy your files to the pc; Files listed in red are deleted entries. Go back to the previous display)
G. Press enter to proceed.
H. Select “Write” and press Enter
I. Press “Y”.
J. Press and close TestDisk. Reboot the computer.

Hope this helps and do let me know

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app

[/QUOTE]

How many partitions did it list. If it listed more than one then try the other one. At point F you could try typing P and list the files and check if these are the correct files if yes you have an option to copy them to computer as well.
Last edited by JASONRR; 15th January 2015 at 03:39 AM.
22nd January 2015, 02:03 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Type of alcohol?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avail211

I had the exact same thing happen about a month ago. The card said 'ejected, safe to remove' or something along those lines at some random time. I took the card out and neither of my 3 computers would read the card. It didn't error, it just did NOTHING, like it didn't exist. The only thing I cared about were the pics so I tried 3 different adapters, still didn't work. I ended up cleaning the contacts with alcohol (TINY bit on a q-tip) and put the adapter in the reader, THEN the micro SD card. After about a dozen times inserting/removing it finally read the stupid card. I pulled the pics and did a full reformat in windows (unchecked quick format) scanned it for bad blocks and formatted again after putting it back in the phone. I set google to autobackup my pics to G+ now. It hasn't done it since but I definitely won't trust my SD card with anything I can't easily replace or isn't constantly backed up.

Hey i was just wondering what type of alcohol you used?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data, sdcard
Previous Thread Next Thread