Sprint S4 and Towelroot - Discussion

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
By Syntaxerror999, Junior Member on 19th June 2014, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th January 2015, 09:53 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0
sprint galaxy s4
I downloaded the newest version of towelroot. I tried all of the modstrings. And it still says that my phone isnt supported. I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy s4 SPH-L720T 4.4.2 and i dont know if im doing something wrong or what. Please help.
7th January 2015, 10:01 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 13
Towelroot does not work with the latest firmware version. Yous have to go back to NC6 or earlier to use it on your phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
7th January 2015, 10:10 PM |#43  
So i would be better off using cf autoroot and odin v3? Or is there a way to downgrade without rooting lol
7th January 2015, 10:15 PM |#44  
Heres a picture lol the kernel says something about July 24th 2014. Im guessing thats the last time its been updated?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-07-16-12-12.png
Views:	344
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	3103539  
23rd January 2015, 04:08 AM |#45  
noob here
this will be the first phone I have rooted /jailbroken, anything for years....yes years. Been away for a while now (deployment/"vacation" -the kind you can't say no to going on- etc.)

I'm reading all over the place trying to self educate myself but have no idea what I'm reading lol. So insane how fast technology changes and so on. Anyways I have a Sprint S4 and was hoping to root it to be able to use free hotspot with my unlimited plan and interested in Cyanogen. Also wondering what the next phone I should get on sprint should be. Forced to stay with them for a while...had a roommate decide to leave me hanging with months left on the contract so ...anyways giving that line to my mother and going to upgrade and either give her the s$ or buy her a cheaper smartphone (*will be her first) and Best option I'm seeing they have right now is Nexus 6 ? are they going to have any new nexus devices I tried asking them (sprint) like talking to a 4 month old ...thanks for any help/advise/suggestions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread