FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] battery trick

Thanks Meter: 0

By philwire, Junior Member on 4th February 2014, 03:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi, I'm having difficulties doing the battery trick with a particular nexus one phone. I have a second one, and it's not as hard to do with that second one. but my 'daily driver' is really driving me nuts, it can sometimes take over an hour to get the damn thing going, and it gets exponantially frustrating when flashing roms and having to do battery pulls because adb reboot won't work. Using different charges don't really help, but sometimes I get more lucky with a wall charger instead of a usb wire in a usb to wall charger

So, what triggers the battery bootup? is it a voltage boost? could I trigger it by sticking a second charger's stripped wires in the battery pins? I even have 2 extra batteries with the same voltage, if that can help anything!

4th February 2014, 03:45 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What is a battery trick

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
4th February 2014, 04:02 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
battery trick is to plug the charger in the usb port, then remove and reinsert the battery a few times because the power button is defective - a common problem with nexus ones

my profile is too new to post a youtube link
4th February 2014, 06:58 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 3,043

More
Not sure why its not working for you but you can get a replacement button for less then $15 and it takes less then 10 min to fix

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th February 2014, 01:59 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 3,043

More
When I fixed mine about a year ago I just searched on eBay, it comes as the whole flex cable. I have fixed a lot of electronics over the years so I just took it apart and replaced it but I'm sure if you search there will be a disassembly guide somewhere. If you get stuck feel free to ask though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd January 2015, 05:45 PM |#6  

More
Question Battery trick not working except in a certain house
I know this is an old thread but since I'm currently forced to use my nexus one (broken power button, repaired once under warranty, broke agai) as a temporary replacement, I've had to deal with the battery trick issue again.

I DON'T GET IT. Back when it was my main phone, the BATTERY TRICK worked fine, took a few times max. Now I have collated all the info I can find on how to do it (some of which is actually conflicting) and it WILL NOT WORK, except if I do it at my girlfriends house which MAKES NO SENSE.

IT IS NOT:
1.) The charger (various brands/both USB and wall socket)
2.) THe battery (authentic HTC battery)
3.) It doesn't work whether its fully charged (GREEN LIGHT) or charging up (ORANGE LIGHT)
4.) It doesnt work when I do it 20 times in a row with the "correct" timing (battery back in JUST as the light turns off), and not when I do it 20 times in the way which this video does it (waits for one orange flash before reinsertion)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O5a...feature=relmfu
5.) Have tried removing sim and sd card, charging it for days, just EVERYTHING.

Sorry just venting as this just boggles my mind.
Anyone have any input on this age old issue? What's weirdest is that it used to work fine for me around 2012. And no, not buying the goddamn flex for 30 dollars, I have enough issues getting my One X+ diagnosed (been waiting 3-4 weeks on some incompetent repair shop).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread