CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SM-G900P NE5 (NE5 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

23rd January 2015, 04:07 PM |#111  
Flag Menasha, Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 1,084

1,298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmigrain

Or can I just flash this and then recover everything from a backup file on Titanium backup?

You should be able to recover your stuff from titanium.

23rd January 2015, 06:08 PM |#112  
Flag St.Louis
Thanks Meter: 2

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood

You should be able to recover your stuff from titanium.

I rooted my phone last night, and this morning flashed the NE5 kernel.

I went to Titanium Backup to restore the backup I made, but it said the phone was no longer rooted.

So, I went to root the phone again, and everything went fine, until the phone went into recovery and said "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING"

I was forced to unroot the phone. Should I flash the NE5 kernel then root the phone this time?
23rd January 2015, 06:15 PM |#113  
Nashville
Thanks Meter: 796

796 posts
More
Quote:

I rooted my phone last night, and this morning flashed the NE5 kernel.

I went to Titanium Backup to restore the backup I made, but it said the phone was no longer rooted.

So, I went to root the phone again, and everything went fine, until the phone went into recovery and said "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING"

I was forced to unroot the phone. Should I flash the NE5 kernel then root the phone this time?

The message that you got in recovery is normal once you have tripped KNOX. ("RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING")
23rd January 2015, 06:16 PM |#114  
Flag St.Louis

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramondel

The message that you got in recovery is normal once you have tripped KNOX. ("RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING")

So what do I do in that situation? (for future reference, since I already returned my phone back to stock)
23rd January 2015, 06:18 PM |#115  
Nashville
Thanks Meter: 796

796 posts
More
Quote:

So what do I do in that situation? (for future reference, since I already returned my phone back to stock)

That message is at the top of the screen it should then go ahead and load the recovery. What recovery are you using TWRP or Philz?
23rd January 2015, 06:19 PM |#116  
Flag St.Louis

75 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

That message is at the top of the screen it should then go ahead and load the recovery. What recovery are you using TWRP or Philz?

I waited for that to happen, but it never did :/ & After I rooted my phone I installed TWRP.
23rd January 2015, 09:20 PM |#117  
Flag St.Louis

75 posts
More
But if I need a custom recovery beforehand, that means I'd have to have the phone rooted before installing the kernel anyway, so I'm not sure what messed up
23rd January 2015, 09:39 PM |#118  
Flag Menasha, Wisconsin

1,298 posts
More
Quote:

But if I need a custom recovery beforehand, that means I'd have to have the phone rooted before installing the kernel anyway, so I'm not sure what messed up

If you go back to Stock Recovery that will go away. Only way i know how to get back stock recovery is Odin. What you see is recovery related, not kernel. A custom kernel would show something while booting the phone up normal.
23rd January 2015, 09:40 PM |#119  
Flag St.Louis

75 posts
More
So root the phone,but use a stock recovery?
23rd January 2015, 11:55 PM |#120  
Flag Menasha, Wisconsin

1,298 posts
More
Quote:

So root the phone,but use a stock recovery?

Thats what I do. I never have good luck with custom kernels

Also remember Kernels and Recovery are not the same like they where on the Galaxy s2. You can flash a custom recovery which you will need for installing custom Roms. Custom Kernels are used for setting profiles and cpu settings for over clocking and under clocking aswell us under volting, but again i never mess with that stuff. I keep with TWRP Recovery and Stock Kernels
Last edited by elwood; 24th January 2015 at 12:01 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s5 ne5 wificalling sprint kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread