23rd January 2015, 05:41 PM   |  #781  
Flag Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 1,156

1,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobitege

@PeterGuru: the flashable firmware zip is the least work as it only contains the firmware for current bacon LP custom roms and only needs to be flashed once, it does not touch any of your existing rom(s) partitions and right after reboot your rom should boot up without loops. Flashing a full CM12 nightly entails all the work of wiping it again just to restore your nandroid all over, which is not necessary.
However, judging from your signature's radio version, you seem to have at least once flashed a CM12 nightly?
P.S. totally dig your signature quote!

Re the signature ... thanks!

On everything else, now I'm even more confused.

I've been using CM12 since it came out a couple of weeks ago. The nightlies flash perfectly well each day. However, when I do a Nandroid, which I perform once a day, it appears to be successful because TWRP tells me it's successful. Nonetheless, I tried to restore the latest Nandroid this morning, and I got the loop. I then tried to restore several other Nandroids, all CM12, and all caused the loop. By the way, whenever I restore a Nandroid, I always completely wipe my system (except internal storage), so that the Nandroid can restore on a clean device. In the past, with every other phone I've had, the restore went perfectly well, and it was simple. This time, though, nothing! Just the continual loop from the OnePlus first screen and then back to TWRP.

I've done this 1000s of times, but now I'm at a complete loss as to what's happening. Obviously the Nandroid is NOT successfully re-installing even though I get a SUCCESS notification in TWRP after the restore is complete. It's when I then try to reboot the system when the loops begin.

So, as it stands, it's impossible for me to restore any Nandroid, so what's the use?

I also tried flashing your firmware after the complete wipe and BEFORE the restore process. I also tried flashing your firmware after the restore. Nothing helped. I then tried flashing the latest CM12 nightly, the one that was working prior to this entire mess, and then performing the restore, and the same problem happened. I also tried flashing the latest CM12 nightly AFTER the restore process and, again, the same loop issue. Basically, I've tried everything I can think of, with no success.

Now I've wiped the system, for about the 10th time this morning, and JUST reinstalled the latest CM12 nightly and GAPPS. My phone is back up and running again, but now I have to spend about 4-6 hours to not just re-install all my apps, but to then go into each one and set them up properly. It's a frustrating and pain-staking procedure.

Restoring Nandroids via recovery is really the most important function of any recovery, and it's simply not working with TWRP 2.8.4.1.

Peter
23rd January 2015, 05:44 PM   |  #782  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,067

4,255 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGuru

Re the signature ... thanks!

On everything else, now I'm even more confused.

I've been using CM12 since it came out a couple of weeks ago. The nightlies flash perfectly well each day. However, when I do a Nandroid, which I perform once a day, it appears to be successful because TWRP tells me it's successful. Nonetheless, I tried to restore the latest Nandroid this morning, and I got the loop. I then tried to restore several other Nandroids, all CM12, and all caused the loop. By the way, whenever I restore a Nandroid, I always completely wipe my system (except internal storage), so that the Nandroid can restore on a clean device. In the past, with every other phone I've had, the restore went perfectly well, and it was simple. This time, though, nothing! Just the continual loop from the OnePlus first screen and then back to TWRP.

I've done this 1000s of times, but now I'm at a complete loss as to what's happening. Obviously the Nandroid is NOT successfully re-installing even though I get a SUCCESS notification in TWRP after the restore is complete. It's when I then try to reboot the system when the loops begin.

So, as it stands, it's impossible for me to restore any Nandroid, so what's the use?

I also tried flashing your firmware after the complete wipe and BEFORE the restore process. I also tried flashing your firmware after the restore. Nothing helped. I then tried flashing the latest CM12 nightly, the one that was working prior to this entire mess, and then performing the restore, and the same problem happened. I also tried flashing the latest CM12 nightly AFTER the restore process and, again, the same loop issue. Basically, I've tried everything I can think of, with no success.

Now I've wiped the system, for about the 10th time this morning, and JUST reinstalled the latest CM12 nightly and GAPPS. My phone is back up and running again, but now I have to spend about 4-6 hours to not just re-install all my apps, but to then go into each one and set them up properly. It's a frustrating and pain-staking procedure.

Restoring Nandroids via recovery is really the most important function of any recovery, and it's simply not working with TWRP 2.8.4.1.

Peter

The latest build is broken, and has been mentioned a few times in this thread. Flash back to the previous build.
23rd January 2015, 05:46 PM   |  #783  
Flag Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 1,156

1,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tried it ... no success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergeticink

The latest build is broken, and has been mentioned a few times in this thread. Flash back to the previous build.

I tried restoring my Nandroid from yesterday's build, but also no success. Again, I've tried numerous Nandroids from builds over the last several days, all without success.

The Nandroids are simply not restoring.

Peter
23rd January 2015, 05:48 PM   |  #784  
Thanks Meter: 1,389

1,118 posts
Quote:

if that doesnt work, use titanium backup or nandroid manager to restore your apps directly from the nandroid backup.
23rd January 2015, 05:49 PM   |  #785  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,067

4,255 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanchon

if that doesnt work, use titanium backup or nandroid manager to restore your apps directly from the nandroid backup.

Worked for me. Thats how I got back to the previous build.
23rd January 2015, 05:52 PM   |  #786  
Thanks Meter: 1,899

2,450 posts
More
@PeterGuru: really sorry to hear about all the troubles you had already. I'm using MultiRom which comes with its own recovery and thus I haven't had the "honor" (horror) with 2.8.4.1 like you had.
23rd January 2015, 08:15 PM   |  #787  
Thanks Meter: 1,389

1,118 posts
Quote:

Worked for me. Thats how I got back to the previous build.

which one is the one that works?
23rd January 2015, 08:30 PM   |  #788  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,928

16,221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGuru

I tried restoring my Nandroid from yesterday's build, but also no success. Again, I've tried numerous Nandroids from builds over the last several days, all without success.

The Nandroids are simply not restoring.

Peter

This might seem like a stupid question but I have to ask it. When you make a nandroid which partitions do you backup? System? Data? Cache? Boot?

Transmitted via Bacon
24th January 2015, 08:16 AM   |  #789  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Darkside
Thanks Meter: 9,542

13,659 posts
More
Deleted

Sent from my Darkside of 1+1
Last edited by xanthrax; 24th January 2015 at 08:33 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread