Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

Search This thread

Faaiz Puthawala

Aug 19, 2013
ahmedabad
Hi there .

Just to let you know, that lollipop is now booting on ZTE v970 [MT6577- w/ ComBo-Chip MT6620]
With my custom 3.4.67 KK Kernel + some cherry-picks from the new MTK 3.10.54 LL Kernel

Still very early, baseband is recognized , but still needs a lot more work on Telephony, Platform, etc.

;)

Regards
Amazing work sir
Can i know that is this sorce build or a port

EnerJon

Jan 29, 2014
Hi there .

Just to let you know, that lollipop is now booting on ZTE v970 [MT6577- w/ ComBo-Chip MT6620]
With my custom 3.4.67 KK Kernel + some cherry-picks from the new MTK 3.10.54 LL Kernel

Still very early, baseband is recognized , but still needs a lot more work on Telephony, Platform, etc.

;)

Regards

Sir is there any MT6589 based Lollipop rom available from lenovo? My mt6589 device has stock kitkat rom with 3.4.67 kernel, i want to port it

rohit83

Oct 2, 2012
OnePlus 7T
Hi there .

;)

Regards
Omg ur awesome, god of developers :angel:, y don't u establish your own company with a special os:laugh:
Now we can directly expect cm12 instead of 11:cool:

Oct 3, 2013
Hi

I'm afraid, but you got nothing.
ZTE doesn't release the mediatek proprietary source, nor device configs.
All their MTK sources are only from kernel common, everything that's important isn't there

Regards

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

There's an "generic" driver ( search on the project or common or even on other sources)

Like I said ( I think on this very same thread)...
Grab your LCM calibration config, and build the driver.
Of course this isn't easy, but its doable.

Regards

Hi.
:(You mean I can do nothing although I have sources?Sounds so bad.Please tell me what I should do next,I just want to try.
Sorry for my bad English.
Regards.

Sent from my ZTE U956 using XDA Free mobile app

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
Hi.
:(You mean I can do nothing although I have sources?Sounds so bad.Please tell me what I should do next,I just want to try.
Sorry for my bad English.
Regards.

Your sources must correspond to the same version of Android(e.g. CM11 need KK sources, CM10 need JB sources .etc)

Or else, you're going to get stuck porting CM because of driver problems, boot issues .etc

SAM209

Mar 23, 2012
Hey guys,
What do I need to port CM 10 to my device? (it's JB 4.2.2 based)
I've already successfully ported MIUI v5 but I'd like to try CM too.

eraycetin

Jan 24, 2014
hi devs!

i have an f.mtk device i cant install cwm or rom bla bla bla nothing.

its an octa core mediatek device

if its gonna be helpful i can send any information about the phone dev's need

M47Z

Dec 12, 2011
hi guys,
this is way ahead of me so i cant contribute any useful info, just wanted to thank everyone trying to make cm for mtk devices :)
very much appreciated! I'm a fan of exotic chine phones since long time and always found bad firmware /missing cm to be the main weak spot.
I own a MTK6592 2GB FHD device (kingzone k1 turbo) and got acess to several dual core and quad core mtks.
If someone needs something tested just pm me i'll be happy to help!
keep it up!

Reactions: Traace

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
Hey guys,
What do I need to port CM 10 to my device? (it's JB 4.2.2 based)
I've already successfully ported MIUI v5 but I'd like to try CM too.

CM10 use JB 4.1 as port.
For 4.2.2 sources use CM10.1

Yes,I see.But what to do exactly?binder.c patch?

You'll need more than that I'm afraid

hi devs!

i have an f.mtk device i cant install cwm or rom bla bla bla nothing.

its an octa core mediatek device

if its gonna be helpful i can send any information about the phone dev's need

What is your phone model? You can determine the SoC just by the phone model.

eraycetin

Jan 24, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-28-10-30-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-28-10-30-56.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 662
  • Screenshot_2015-01-28-10-31-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-28-10-31-04.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 647
  • Screenshot_2015-01-28-10-31-14.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-28-10-31-14.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 637

mastersanta

Sep 2, 2009
Mass Storage Mode

Hello again :) Because the greatest minds work here i would to ask you about a few things...
I have buildable, workable and bootable KitKat Kernel for my device. But not everything works. The most serious defect is broken Mass Storage Mode. ADB operates, but when I connect phone to computer the only thing that happens is the appearance in the Information Bar "Connected in mass storage mode" but nothing happens. The system doesn't see the phone and memory, the phone not share data. The logs don't say anything about it (no Errors etc). The phone, of course, is charging. I tried several ROMs and several versions, only common thing was the kernel so it was his fault. On JB and in Recovery everything is OK. Only KK build is bugged. But where to look for the cause and how to fix it? Any ideas or tips?

Reactions: var_ma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, We are going to try something new for our china phones - cyanogenmod.

But we need some more devs to get everything going.

For now we have:

-Github tree for Lenovo P700i(mediatek 6577, android 4.0.4, kernel 3.0.8)

-Lens_flare - original port author(may work with system folder and configs)

-some kernel source from other devices like liquid gallant

The main problem is getting adb to work that could help a lot on remaining development. For now even zygote not starting, but all partitions seems mounted successfully.

We need more devs (especially that could assemble working kernel for device), working with p700i may lead to following porting for other mtk devices, as sources are nearly the same.
    Lollipop on MT6577

Hi there .

;)

Regards
    More progress on this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467400

I have 3G data and incoming voice calls working now.

Next: kitkat.

Chris

Please hit the thx button. And please thank also dr shadow and xplodwild from omnirom.
    KitKat Sources MT6582 / 6592

Since my Cloud host, removed the sources,that i uploaded twice

Using MEGA now, should be on for some days..

Edit: no more source leaks, noobies will always be noobies
    I won't be sharing more source stuff

Learn to comply with GPL and respect others

Regards
    I'm working now since 1 day on CM13 and here the first screenshot on mt6592 :).