Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Tool][Windows] Control a device with a broken screen. Now with touchscreen support!!

OP k.janku1

16th January 2015, 10:18 PM   |  #161  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 211

109 posts
Donate to Me
More
great tool!
Thanks for this! I installed the Linux version from https://github.com/ternes3/TouchControl-for-Android , compiled it and it works like a charm. But I seem not to understand how to use touch control. When I click the image it doesn't register touch events but just moves the window... How does it work?
17th January 2015, 11:36 AM   |  #162  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 142

139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stammler

Thanks for this! I installed the Linux version from https://github.com/ternes3/TouchControl-for-Android , compiled it and it works like a charm. But I seem not to understand how to use touch control. When I click the image it doesn't register touch events but just moves the window... How does it work?

The linux version is not made by me, someone just rewrote my code so it could work on linux, but he did it with an old version from what I remember and never updated it. Probably touch hadn't been implemented yet at that time.
20th January 2015, 01:38 PM   |  #163  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 312

738 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can you update this to 5" 1080x1920 resolution?
Thanks in advance
20th January 2015, 07:14 PM   |  #164  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 312

738 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfribeiro

Can you update this to 5" 1080x1920 resolution?
Thanks in advance

Sorry, I saw now it already have 1080x1920 resolution.
23rd January 2015, 04:00 PM   |  #165  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
USB debug not enable
Thanks for the nice app. I tried it on my note 10.1 and it worked really well. But the problem is with my stock S3 with a broken /black screen. There was no USB debug enabled on, and now i can't manage to get access with ADB. I got it to recovery mode with button combination but how should enable USB debug using the code
Adb shell
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >>/system/build.prop
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >>/system/build.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb" >>/system/build.prop"
reboot

The adb recognize the device in recovery mode. When I just copy the lines to cmd it says Permission denied?!
I'm quite a noob in this and costed me a day to figure out everything but somehow I can't get code part. Could someone help me? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to cheez_121 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2015, 04:37 PM   |  #166  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 142

139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez_121

Thanks for the nice app. I tried it on my note 10.1 and it worked really well. But the problem is with my stock S3 with a broken /black screen. There was no USB debug enabled on, and now i can't manage to get access with ADB. I got it to recovery mode with button combination but how should enable USB debug using the code
Adb shell
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >>/system/build.prop
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >>/system/build.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb" >>/system/build.prop"
reboot

The adb recognize the device in recovery mode. When I just copy the lines to cmd it says Permission denied?!
I'm quite a noob in this and costed me a day to figure out everything but somehow I can't get code part. Could someone help me? Thanks!

do you have root access? I don't think you can edit the build.prop file without root. Also your system partition is proably mounted as read-only, so you should mount it with read/write permissions (also root only)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, broken, control, screen, tool
Previous Thread Next Thread